Do You Remember?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
graphic.jpg

Little Golden Books

I grew up reading these, or at least having them read to me by my Mom and Grandma.
They used to read them to me when being tucked in to bed.
Because of that, they have a special place in my heart ❤️

I don't recall ever using this incarnation of Windows. I believe my first exposure to Windows was the preceding edition, Windows 95.
Okay! Does anyone here remember this game?

Yeah, I do! I didn't have it but I saw the commercials.

Was it a game though? I always thought it was something you made, like you put the mix into the molds, and it created gummy insects and other types of creatures.

Yeah, I do! I didn't have it but I saw the commercials.

Was it a game though? I always thought it was something you made, like you put the mix into the molds, and it created gummy insects and other types of creatures.

Ha, you're right. I clearly don't remember it that well, though I do recall using the thing once many years ago.

I always thought it was something you made, like you put the mix into the molds, and it created gummy insects and other types of creatures.
You had your Plastigoop which came in an assortment of colors.

MER1ETP_o.jpg

And a variety of molds which were metal plates that you filled with Plastigoop.

temp002.jpg

There were also other mold variants that weren't all 'creepy' objects.

Then you had the oven.

temp003.jpg

As you can see the plastigoop filled mold would be put in the oven, which heated it until it had a solid rubbery texture.

You may also note that pictured is the original type oven, not the safer covered oven as shown in the commercial @reynard_muldrake linked.

The little wire pictured on the bottom left is the handle for inserting and removing the molds from the thing-maker oven.

MER1EVI_o.jpg

Thank God I didn't know anyone who had this. I don't like crawly things.

Does anyone remember why you needed to fold down the rear license plate of your car?

Are you referencing the certain models of cars that had their gas cap behind the license plate, until it was shown to be a safely issue?

yes, i was in the army at the time stationed at ft. belvoir, at dewitt army hospital i was on duty, walking by the pharmacy desk when the tv set showed it happening.

re: the pet rock, I remember being envious of the diabolically clever entrepreneurial crapitalist mind that thought of this before I did, and managed to get filthy rich off of it in no time at all.

Latest posts

Back