Do you understand what it means to have nowhere to turn?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzyzx

Reaction score
I think I do.

So my mother was in the hospital a year ago and told she had 1 month to live... she had to stay in the hospital. My father said he couldn't be with her because he had to work and would lose his job and wouldn't be able to pay for me to go to college, etc. Well he wasn't really at work. Can you guess where he was? After my mother died he and his mistress got married and moved to Venezuela together. My father died in a car accident a month later. He was buried in Venezuela. I didn't go to the funeral. I am currently living in my parents' house but his mistress was successful in getting me legally evicted. I have thirty days to leave. I have no friends or family.

That is what it means to have where to turn. I didn't really come here for sympathy... I don't know. I think I just wanted to write this down somewhere. Anyways, thank you for listening.

in a way i feel like i do know what that means. i feel like i am lost in life and at the same time i feel like i dont really have anywhere to go. im just kind of coasting along... just existing.

thats messed up, and I don't even have anything positive to add, but I just wish you the best of luck, and I know he's your dad and stuff but I believe in Karma.
And i'm glad you wrote this down, cause if any people out there read this and feel like running away, to scared to face the truth, in difficult situations or just plain selfish, learn a thing or two.
Keep posting here if you're doing better, you're okay. Your mum is gonna be there for you whether you believe it or not, I know you're going to be okay.
take care.
Just another lonely lost soul :3

My feeling of it and the reality of it are probably two very different things.

I have extended family that I've been long out of touch with at different parts of the country (United States). Because I've been out of touch, I don't feel I could depend on them. I wouldn't WANT to find myself depending on them to the point I've made it a forbidden thing in my mind.

The last time I had a father was prior to second grade. As far as I know, he's not dead. That leaves my mother, who has been depending solely on me financially for most of my young adulthood. And as much as I love her, I don't care to talk to her about much of what troubles me. I'd come to a site like this first. But I do feel I can depend on her. I always have felt she was my best friend.

Your story is terrible. Where do you stand with your extended family?

yeah bud, where are you from? Dont lose hope. We are people as well.

Karma doesn't work. The bad just go on living leaving their destruction behind to sort itself out. Been waiting my whole (long) life being a good person waiting for karma. Not happening.

Yeah waterbug. I gotta agree with you on that.

well i don't know how it works, but it def affected me, I used to be a jerk in my previous relationships and when I started growing and learning how to treat ppl right and being a really nice guy, i always got into relationships with jerks, heartbroken and lost eventually just scared of ever having a life. so karma def works in a negative way, but i don't know if thats even termed as karma.. you be the judge, i just hope this person finds something to hold on to and moves ahead putting the krap behind. After every forest fire the land is barren for sometime, don't let that barren land go to waste, plant a seed, help it grow, and enjoy the fruits of life. what your going through is a rough barren period at the moment, inside u theres a seed waiting to grow. I hope i didn't sound to cheesy but i sincerely wish u the best of luck, i don't pray but i have you in my thoughts.

I have nowhere to turn. I've been fortunate in that there hasn't been something happen to me which I haven't been able to handle myself, but I know that if something really serious happens I have literally no one to ask for help. If I lose my job, have to go to the hospital, or even just need a ride to work, there is no one who I can turn to.

Self-reliance is the only thing keeping my head above water.

Seems there are so many of us in the same boat. I praise God every day for another day of good health, money for groceries, etc. What else can I do? And so each day is a blessing in its own way. I won't waste my life worrying about an accident, being homeless or other bad things. Doors open. Doors close. I have so very little power why bother with worrying about the what-ifs.

Keep your head up and stay self reliant. It's all good.

you bet-been there done that.been homeless-slept under a bridge once. My family couldn't be of any assistance. I went to my rich sister on hands and kness crying, begging for her to give me just one night-nope-wouldn't do it. It devastates you, absolutely. It's like you lost you soul,your mind and your gut at the same time. finaly I remembered a good friend from a long time ago and called bawling my eyes out and she said yes, come over. I couldn't stop shaking. And I had to go to work the next day-it was horrible. Even today if I go to the hospital I have to make up a name and phone # for next of kin. It sucks-big time. I hope you are well at this writing and things have looked up a little for you.

Wow, that sucks really bad dude. That "*****" doesn't even let you live in your parents house? :mad: You know what? This really infuriates me, after you lost both your mom and dad.... I would let the house burn down "accidentally" so no one can have it, not on this way.

She is claiming what is rightfully yours, you are the direct inheritor of your parents property unless specified otherwise in a testament.

My mom died when I was 12 and I was the direct inheritor too. Maybe you live in a country where different rules occur?

Best of luck to you,

Maverick

Latest posts

Back