Does anyone else here feel like technology has an internal clock?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splenda-Kills

Reaction score
And when one thing breaks, EVERYTHING else in the house breaks. For me, it's these **** wires. First, my USB cord, used to charge my precious, precious MP3 player shorts. Then, my A/C adapter decides to short out too, and now I have to replace both (all hail eBay!). The same thing would happen when, like, the toaster oven breaks, and then so does the blender, the electric mixer, and the gas stove decides all of a sudden not to burn.

It's a conspiracy!!!!

:p

On a side note: There must be wire gremlins going around, too. I can leave my untangled wires perfectly untouched, and come back in a few hours, and BOOM, they're all tangled. Sneaky little...gremlins.

(This is meant to be light-hearted, by the way...Don't take it serously. n__n)

Oh yes, technology will wait until its no longer covered by the guarantee, then blow up. It's, errrr, scientific fact.

Steel said:
Oh yes, technology will wait until its no longer covered by the guarantee, then blow up. It's, errrr, scientific fact.

Exactly! :D
What I hate most is when I have to go and fix something that comes out of Microsoft, who makes you shell out money just to get crappy advice from some guy of whom I can't understand the accent (no offense to guys like that, it just bugs the hell out of me sometimes).

The idea of planned obsolescence has been around for about a century. Something of a cost/quality balance. There is no use using materials that will last two decades in a product that is only expected to be used for a year. Where it gets annoying is when it is used to shorten the useful life of a product in an attempt to generate repeated sales.

i reckon things would last longer if i put more effort into 'maintenance', but even cleaning the computer is a hassle, and since i know it has a fail safe switch off mechanism i just wait until it beeps like a lunatic and turns itself off.

king slacker :p

On a side note: There must be wire gremlins going around, too. I can leave my untangled wires perfectly untouched, and come back in a few hours, and BOOM, they're all tangled.

I have this same problem, ALL THE TIME.

Wire gremlins are bastards.

BASTARDS.

Minus said:
The idea of planned obsolescence has been around for about a century. Something of a cost/quality balance. There is no use using materials that will last two decades in a product that is only expected to be used for a year. Where it gets annoying is when it is used to shorten the useful life of a product in an attempt to generate repeated sales.

Wow, I never really thought about it like that before. It makes sense though, and is more than a little disturbing. Thanks for the insight. :)

I liked it better when computers didn't need fans. My Commodore 64 works just as good as it did in 1985...not a fan in the thing.

Latest posts

Back