Don't do this if you're already feeling down

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cheaptrickfan

DON'T Google ex-boyfriends (or girlfriends) to see what they've been up to since you've faded from each other's lives.

The horror!

From what I can tell, all of mine seem to have had the bad manners to go on to live very successful and happy lives since they decided to leave me in the dust. **** them!

Crap. I always do this when I'm starting to get depressed about being alone. Now I'm at the stage where I just know that I'm going to be alone for the rest of my life.

As for that guy recently whom I reconnected with, I remembered why I stopped dating him twice before: He sees me as a project. I've "got potential as a girlfriend," (his words) but I "need work" (again, his words). Then he tells me what I'm doing wrong or what's wrong with me. All I have to do is "fix it," and then presto. I'm fine.

It's eerily reminiscent of my ex-husband. Ah, fun times. *sigh*

Why can't people just accept me for who I am and not try to change me?
Is this long list of my flaws the reason no one wants to stick around?
This blows.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Great advice! I'm also guilty of googling old lovers and am always disappointed when I find out their happy and successful lives.

i would like to say something but I don't know what to say so maybe I will just say something and give you a hug

Something

funny-pictures-kitten-hug.jpg

scott69 said:
Great advice! I'm also guilty of googling old lovers and am always disappointed when I find out their happy and successful lives.

Seriously, the nerve of them!

Great gods, I feel like a loser. Blech.

Sanal said:
i would like to say something but I don't know what to say so maybe I will just say something and give you a hug

Something

funny-pictures-kitten-hug.jpg

Thanks for the something and the kitten hug. :)

cheaptrickfan said:
From what I can tell, all of mine seem to have had the bad manners to go on to live very successful and happy lives since they decided to leave me in the dust. **** them!

i know for a fact they are all crying on the inside ;)

sorry to hear about Mr. Overlyintense, that bites. people should practice a bit more acceptance and quench that bizarre, self-serving need to FIX someone.. freaks.

Meh, I had enough of relationships where the woman was trying to change me.

Certainly doing it in such an obvious fashion would cause my patience to run out VERY quickly.

Some people don't seem to realise that you should love someone because of their faults, not in spite of them.

Errrr...I said, cookies not cake **** it.:p

I put all of mine is the hussy section....err, I don't give a F&@K!!!

Here's the real deal, Sweets
Ya can't be tripp'in on other people especailly what they write on de walls.
It's just a snap shot and exasgerations of some good times they had.

Don't enternalize it...

I for a fact knows how it's like to live a successful life and also lived with
people that's very, very sucessful or rich on the surface. It's not all crack up
as it seems. Everybody has living problems...whether they're rich and sucessful.
Nothing last forever. Life changes for everyone...

It's just like a song. It was written for that moment in time...
Ya can't be playing that tape over and over in your head assuming their lives are
so great and perfect from day to day.

You're not a loser and you know it. That's good..you're saying you FEEL like...

BTW...if you dye your hair a lighter colour. I might consider falling madly in love with ya...:p
Ya remind me of someone. She probably has a hang up with musicians too...
That's all I ask you to change..just the colure of your hair..The rest we can negociate later.

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
i know for a fact they are all crying on the inside ;)

Ahh, if only. I know for a fact that at least two of them think that they dodged a bullet in the form of me.
Dumbasses. :mad:

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
sorry to hear about Mr. Overlyintense, that bites. people should practice a bit more acceptance and quench that bizarre, self-serving need to FIX someone.. freaks.

I know. Not everyone is cut out to play Henry Higgens.

I've always hated that Pygmalion and Galatea myth. Apparently since antiquity, people have wanted to mold their perfect partner.

Steel said:
Certainly doing it in such an obvious fashion would cause my patience to run out VERY quickly.

It's galling. I mean, to be presented with a list of what's wrong with me? WTF!

Steel said:
Some people don't seem to realise that you should love someone because of their faults, not in spite of them.

Not everyone got that memo.

Lonesome Crow said:
You're not a loser and you know it. That's good..you're saying you FEEL like...

BTW...if you dye your hair a lighter colour. I might consider falling madly in love with ya...:p
Ya remind me of someone. She probably has a hang up with musicians too...
That's all I ask you to change..just the colure of your hair..The rest we can negociate later.

I was a blonde when I was young, but no more. I'll stay golden brown or auburn until I die now. :p

Latest posts

Back