ermmm Hi?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orsino

Reaction score
Hi, I’m a 25 year old male University student from the north of England. I’m new to this whole forum thing and pretty useless with technology as well so please bear with me. I have lurked for a while and written this post about a 100 times in word but never had the courage to post it, however things just seem to going downhill at the moment and it seems a right time for a self indulgent rant. It started when I was in my late teens, I just gradually lost all my friends since we had started to differ in lifestyles; they just wanted and endeavored for the party of Polaroid friends, to go out every night and smoke, drink and do drugs and that’s just not my idea of fun.

I got diagnosed with epilepsy two years ago with OCD which made the situation even worse and because of the medication I’m on I don’t sleep and become irritable and spend most of my night reading, listening to music, attempting to play the piano and watching re-runs of Marx Brother movies or French new wave films.
I have just eventually become so frustrated and bitter with everyone at my University, they way they make it look so easy to make friends and click with people, I feel like a child or that they must be something wrong with me mentally or physically and when I do, I get worried that I’m coming on too strong or that I’m acting desperate.

I have had girlfriends just not healthy relationships with them, the last one I had I broke up with just before Christmas, partly because she resented me because she didn’t understand why I felt the way that I do (Like I do?) and partly because to be honest I ended up making her feel more empty and miserable than I was, and breaking up was my gift to her. I spent Christmas and my Birthday alone because of this.
I Guess I’m on here because I’m just looking for people like me, I’m feeling and becoming more comfortable with myself, it would just be nice to talk to like minded people.

I’m sorry for the rant and hope I fit in here, (tell me if I don’t) although I will need some help to come out a bit more, as I’m shaking while writing this (very introverted!) and me and technology don’t get along.
Thanks for reading and I'm always available so drop me a line.

Orsino

P.s. sorry for the grammar, been writing papers all day

Orsino said:
Hi, I’m a 25 year old male University student from the north of England. I’m new to this whole forum thing and pretty useless with technology as well so please bear with me. I have lurked for a while and written this post about a 100 times in word but never had the courage to post it, however things just seem to going downhill at the moment and it seems a right time for a self indulgent rant. It started when I was in my late teens, I just gradually lost all my friends since we had started to differ in lifestyles; they just wanted and endeavored for the party of Polaroid friends, to go out every night and smoke, drink and do drugs and that’s just not my idea of fun.

I got diagnosed with epilepsy two years ago with OCD which made the situation even worse and because of the medication I’m on I don’t sleep and become irritable and spend most of my night reading, listening to music, attempting to play the piano and watching re-runs of Marx Brother movies or French new wave films.
I have just eventually become so frustrated and bitter with everyone at my University, they way they make it look so easy to make friends and click with people, I feel like a child or that they must be something wrong with me mentally or physically and when I do, I get worried that I’m coming on too strong or that I’m acting desperate.

I have had girlfriends just not healthy relationships with them, the last one I had I broke up with just before Christmas, partly because she resented me because she didn’t understand why I felt the way that I do (Like I do?) and partly because to be honest I ended up making her feel more empty and miserable than I was, and breaking up was my gift to her. I spent Christmas and my Birthday alone because of this.
I Guess I’m on here because I’m just looking for people like me, I’m feeling and becoming more comfortable with myself, it would just be nice to talk to like minded people.

I’m sorry for the rant and hope I fit in here, (tell me if I don’t) although I will need some help to come out a bit more, as I’m shaking while writing this (very introverted!) and me and technology don’t get along.
Thanks for reading and I'm always available so drop me a line.

Orsino

P.s. sorry for the grammar, been writing papers all day

You do fit in.. at least on this forum. Sorry to hear of your misfortune, But feel better knowing at least you've had relationships.. All I want is to have one.. to at least feel desired.
Anyways Im new too.. Does'nt loneliness just make you feel like you have no life? Its horrible. We will make it though.

Hey. I had a similar experience at uni, I lost some friends and really struggled to make new ones. This forum really helped and I hope it'll do the same for you.

Hey and welcome...I just joined in a couple days ago and everyone here has feelings of loneliness and need to belong everyone for their own reasons but believe me...it's inspiring to read their stories and how they cope. Everyone here is really nice and helpful. I really like the entertainment section too cause it helps to just kind of forget your worries for a little bit and can give you a laugh or two sometimes :)

Hey Orsino, I'm sure you'll find you fit in well here and meet a lot of people in similar situations. Don't be sorry for any rants! Welcome to the forum.

hi orsino,
i personally am glad u r here. u sound like a great person. welcome and hope u enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back