first week

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whatthecow

Reaction score
alright
hey, i'm not sure how this goes
i typed in loney at college, and now here i am!
it my first year, and i've sudden;y become a wreck of a person. in high school i was well liked and social, nominated for most preferred, never missed a dance, lead in school plays, heck, i was even the schools public relations person.
Now, school has started, and i see people around me making friends, and guys asking girls for their numbers. I hear about all my friends from school doing crazy things, finding new boys, loving being free. here i am, in my dorm, i can here people outside playing games and having fun, but i can't talk to them. I don't eat real food because i don't want to be seen alone. if i'm lonely no on else gets to know! so i eat from the vendin machines
my one joy in being alone is that i'm a singer. with all this alone time i get to practice alot and my talent has reached new heights. on the other hanad,
I can't remember the last time i actually talked to someone for the sake of a convorsation.

Hello and welcome and stuff.

Do you have an example of your singing?

Also, what do you think is holding you back?

And why be afraid of being seen alone? It's not the end of the world. You obviously at one point had confidence, and reason to do so apparently.

Hallo and welcome whatthecow :)

What Unacceptance said? Its not that bad being seen alone. I have to go shopping every week alone. Other wise I would starve.

Is it the fact that its a different college as opposed to all your old friends at school that are no longer with you?

If you have friends back home and your feeling sad and in need of confidence is there no friends at home you could call and talk to about this. I fined the best way to feel better and get moor confidence is to have a laugh about old times with a friend.

Welcome

I hope you start getting adjusted in to the new school soon.

yes some things some of us just don't like to be seen doing alone. I remember the vending machines but it is cheaper to make a run to the store to pick up some kind of stash.

Welcome to our humble forum!

Ditto on the hope that you adjust to college life. I never really adjusted until my last semester! Hopefully it will come a sooner for you.

So, you sing, eh? I don't know about your university, but at mine one could join a choir group if they really wanted to, even if they were not a music major. If it is possible at your school it would be a great way to get out and potentially meet people.

Just a thought.

Once again, welcome and enjoy!

Hi, whatthecow, and welcome. :)
Your freshman year will be the hardest, I'm sure. Friends will happen, in time, but try to put yourself in a position to actually make new friends. Hiding in your dorm won't allow you to meet others. :)

Again, welcome!

wow everybody, thank you.
and a word on my screen name, i heard the phrase in sixth grade, made it into my email address, and i've never gotten rid of the horrible thing since, ha.
i'm afraid to be seen alone because... well, i guess i have most people convinced i'm strong. and I'm pretty convinced if I'm perceived as strong no one can feel sorry for me, I don't need any pity friends. That's part of the reason i don't talk to my high school friends about it either, they are having fun and complaining to them could only bring them down, and i do not want that.
after i posted this i looked around a little bit on the site, i learned alot from everyone else.
1. everyone is scared... of whatever, looking weak, rejection, caring more about someone than he'll care about her, etc
2. the people who are talking to people are kinda making progress, but not tons
the thing i realized is that i have to look at it a new way. i looked back to high school when i felt confident, and chose qualities that i liked in me, they were stupid little things, like i like my hair, i have a weird laugh, i love with all of me.
so today, i woke up and instead of thinking how i needed new friends i thought, i should let someone get to see those good things in me because there life could be blessed by them.... now i didn't really beleive this, but ey, fake it till you make it, right? and with the idea that i'm helping someone if they reject the help there not rejecting me...
i introduced myself to someone in my first class. he kind of ignored me. i was shaken for a second, but then i remembered that i am a good person overall, and he's going to miss out. then i talked to someone else, again no good reaction. then in psych i made a talked about the reading with a boy next to me. it worked. we walked out of class together, and though the conversation wasn't anything special, it meant alot to me.
i hope this will be the boost i need to finally leave my room

DO you have roommates? Or are there clubs or anything? I hear that's a good way to meet people. Had I the drive to deal with other people, I would probably do such things.

wrong.
no boost, my roommate decided that she's going to sleep in one of her other friends rooms.
i know she's nto leaving cuz of me, but i wish she was staying cuz of me

Well if you at least care for digital interaction with another human being, plenty of folks here that are willing. Feel free...

Latest posts

Back