Friday Nights

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grackle

Reaction score
Of all the nights of the week, Friday is the one that makes me feel less-than other people. Always has been like that. I remember riding home from work on a very crowded bus and one lady asked another what she was doing that night ( it was a Friday) and she said, Oh, the usual. We'll order Chinese food for the kids and then we'll put on a movie.
My heart got heavy and I felt so envious of her. Its such a hard night for me.

I get on chat and Skype with people.

It helps those lonely Friday nights. :)

I'm sure there are some people on here that wouldn't mind PMing back and forth too.

Friday nights and Saturdays are the most lonely days of the week for me. Like Nicolelt said, I wouldn't mind messaging eachother and talk about random topics. So if you're reading this and you're lonely/bored, feel free to message me! I'll probably find myself on the chat room later tonight too.

I used to hate Friday nights; all those groups of friends about while I'm riding the bus home.

The few friends I have don't always go out though. It seems age is a bit of an equalizer. Even the most popular people will be having a quiet one at home eventually. I'm guessing spending your Friday evening drinking or going to a movie loses it's appeal once you're middle aged.

When you work shift work Friday and Saturday nights lose their significance....all the days of the week seem the same....

I don't usually mind a Friday as always really tired after a week at work keeping up the happy pretence.

It's Saturday that I dread the most. That's when I feel alone as family busy and nobody to have lunch or coffee with or a girl's shopping trip.

Try to distract yourself, do something like watch a movie or play a game. Go out yourself.

Oh crap !! I should have stuck around after posting the OP. I was feeling extra defeated and felt the need to walk, go out into the streets and pretend I'm dashing off to get somewhere like everyone else. I like the exhausted feeling I get.
Saturdays used to be hard for the exact reason Tulip mentioned. It was a 'family' day but I changed my surroundings and friends over time and its gotten better for me.

Pandas - Thanks for invite, MUCH appreciated and I'm sorry I missed it.

WildernessWildChild said:
When you work shift work Friday and Saturday nights lose their significance....all the days of the week seem the same....

You're right about that. I did graveyard work in the past too and I was so messed up I forgot what a weekend was.

Grackle said:
Pandas - Thanks for invite, MUCH appreciated and I'm sorry I missed it.

Stop by anytime though. I am on there a whole bunch.

Grackle said:
You're right about that. I did graveyard work in the past too and I was so messed up I forgot what a weekend was.

I guess so, i was starting to think this was Friday with the posts in this thread.

Latest posts

Back