Greetings; a bit about myself

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitlessfly

Reaction score
First and foremost, I'm happy to have found this forum and all of you. Hello.

I am 22, female, and not necessarily shy but very introverted. I just completed my Bachelor in biology. I am unhappy, but have always been unhappy, and tend to be withdrawn. I am idealistic but cynical, lonely but let friendships die, a touch eccentric. I sometimes feel guilty for the way that I am; however, I absolutely prize authenticity.

I put effort into coming across as normal and upbeat (which I usually accomplish through humor, as life is quite humorous) and with plenty of practice, I perform functionally. To the right set of eyes, I am reasonably attractive. I feel that I communicate best/feel the most/feel like I exist more through written text and I'm looking for a friend.

Music: Beach House ("Devotion," 200, old-mid Modest Mouse, Yung Lean, Rilo Kiley, Kleenex Girl Wonder, Shannon & the Clams, Bleached
TV: Rick & Morty, Key & Peele, It's Always Sunny, AQHF, nature docs
Books: Chekhov, Dostoevsky, Camus, Sartre, post-colonial lit, ecology/animal behavior, evolution, psychology (ehh hopefully I don't sound too pretentious)
Hobbies: Cooking, reading, lovin' on my dog, poor instrument & Nintendo player

Thank you. I realize this reads like a Craigslist ad, but obviously, I'm lonely, and really craving meaningful connection and conversation. Please enlighten me; I have a lot to learn.

Hey fruitlessfly, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll be able to meet some members here you'll enjoy talking to. Good luck.

Welcome to ALL. I hope you find what you're looking for here. Also I love your avi. Rick and Morty FTW!!!!!