Greetings, all!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboShepherd

Reaction score
My name is Reggie, but you can honestly call me whatever you like! I don't care too much for titles.

I don't think I'm really lonely in a conventional sense, I have a partner, a family, and a good amount of friends, but I am mentally ostracized from them all. My family doesn't really accept me for what I am, I fall out of contact with my friends easily and I can't be open with them, and my relationships has it's problems that aren't easily fixed.

I don't really have anyone to be truly myself around, I feel obligated to keep my mouth shut about things that aren't agreeable, and I have this image to maintain for the people that know me. I can't have meaningful discussions with people, and I have some beliefs that are probably considered taboo (or downright crazy). I feel stifled in my relationship, and I don't have many escapes except for art and music.

I would like to make some friends here that I can be myself around, and I would like any of my acquaintances to feel the same way around me! I love to listen to people, and I won't judge you no matter what, I promise! I would love to get a pen pal and hear about all sorts of things that have to do with far off places, life stories, and just about anything really. I think what I miss most is just talking to people without fearing judgement.

Feel free to send me a PM or an email anytime, I'd love to get to know you! :)

Hi, Reggie!
I can relate to what you're saying. I'm lucky to have a best friend with whom I can completely be myself, but at university I've also experienced that it can difficult to have meaningful conversations. I've been studying for almost three years now and instead of getting closer with people and developing real friendships, it's rather drifting apart... So it's nice to be on a forum like this :) Maybe we'll get to know each other, I promise I won't judge you or anyone else either!

Lua said:
Hi, Reggie!
I can relate to what you're saying. I'm lucky to have a best friend with whom I can completely be myself, but at university I've also experienced that it can difficult to have meaningful conversations. I've been studying for almost three years now and instead of getting closer with people and developing real friendships, it's rather drifting apart... So it's nice to be on a forum like this :) Maybe we'll get to know each other, I promise I won't judge you or anyone else either!

Alas! Studies tend to do that to relationships of any sort! I am glad to hear that you have a best friend you can share your innermost thoughts with.
And yes, perhaps we shall! Drop me a line anytime. :)

Hello Reggie, i think the thing you experience.. it is the difference between "lonely" and "alone".. unfortunately it is found by many people here, you need not be alone to be lonely.

Anyway, welcome, and I wish you best of luck to find friends here

TurboShepherd said:
My name is Reggie, but you can honestly call me whatever you like! I don't care too much for titles.

I don't think I'm really lonely in a conventional sense, I have a partner, a family, and a good amount of friends, but I am mentally ostracized from them all. My family doesn't really accept me for what I am, I fall out of contact with my friends easily and I can't be open with them, and my relationships has it's problems that aren't easily fixed.

I don't really have anyone to be truly myself around, I feel obligated to keep my mouth shut about things that aren't agreeable, and I have this image to maintain for the people that know me. I can't have meaningful discussions with people, and I have some beliefs that are probably considered taboo (or downright crazy). I feel stifled in my relationship, and I don't have many escapes except for art and music.

I would like to make some friends here that I can be myself around, and I would like any of my acquaintances to feel the same way around me! I love to listen to people, and I won't judge you no matter what, I promise! I would love to get a pen pal and hear about all sorts of things that have to do with far off places, life stories, and just about anything really. I think what I miss most is just talking to people without fearing judgement.

Feel free to send me a PM or an email anytime, I'd love to get to know you! :)

What you've written so closely mirrors my own experiences that it's downright uncanny, especially the bits in bold about the oppressiveness of expectations and finding refuge in music.

Anyway, I hope to see you around on the boards.

Latest posts

Back