Hair Loss!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAS

Reaction score
Think I might be starting that horrible process and I'm only 24!!

Quite a lot of my hair has been coming out lately which is quite devastating for me as I'm very proud of my hair. I would say it's actually one of my best features and like to grow it long.

To think I might be bald in a few years time is, to say the least, a horrid prospect for me.

Life has chosen yet another way to honeysuckle on me. Don't know why I expect anything else. :(

Roll with it. My hairline began to recede when I was about 27, and now I'm almost completely bald. I save a small fortune in hair gel, and keeping the curtains short is easy.

Just let it happen. Bald is beautiful.

I gradually started losing my hair when I was 18 and by the time I was 23 I really couldn't hide it anymore. What did I do? I shaved it all off and have not regretted it since. Day to day it is a bit less maintenance (I shave my head twice a week), you save money by not buying shampoo/haircuts, and a breeze from the wrong direction is no longer a great concern.

It seems like many other guys are doing this, so you won't be alone or look out of place.

A bit of advice: If you shave your head and you're going to be outside for a while, wear sunscreen. I made the mistake of going without once. Once.

That's gotta suck. If you get too bold, make sure to shave your head. A full shaved head can even be sexy, if worn properly.

Yeah, I got the male pattern baldness going as well.
When it gets too far gone, I'll just shave it all off and grow a goatee like lots of other men who do.

LoneKiller said:
When it gets too far gone, I'll just shave it all off and grow a goatee like lots of other men who do.

Haha, I have a shaved head and goatee. I didn't realize I was that cliché. :cool:

I was thinking about shaving the goatee, just to see how I look clean-shaven. I have had at least a little facial hair for almost 4 years straight.

Antihero said:
LoneKiller said:

Haha, I have a shaved head and goatee. I didn't realize I was that cliché. :cool:

I was thinking about shaving the goatee, just to see how I look clean-shaven. I have had at least a little facial hair for almost 4 years straight.
Oh. you gotta keep the goat. Women dig it.:cool:

If it really bothers you that much there are products out there that can stall hair loss. It can't regrow hair already lost but what it does is block the hormone which kills the hair cells off, so you essentially keep what you have left. I'm still toying with the idea of starting it because untill a better solution is found you're pretty much on it for life as if you stop taking it the hair which should have gone will go really fast. Other downside is it only has an 80% success rate or something along those lines.

Some may ask, "Why would you be so vain?". Well there is very little about my appearance I like, I can't grow a beard for honeysuckle and the skinhead look makes me look like an overweight Glenn Jacobs (aka Kane from WWE). When my hair is long again I won't mind so much, will probably shave all the front and sides and keep a topknot/ponytail/braid at the back. I suppose the skinhead option works if you generally had short hair anyway but I love long hair, one of my regrets is shaving it all off a couple of years ago. Back then I hadn't started to recede, figured I could grow it back at any time, but it creeps up on you **** fast.

Keep in mind that something like Rogaine only really works if you're losing it from the back. I might stall the inevitable if you're losing it from the front, but that is not what it is designed to accomplish.

As far as other hair products, like LoneKiller said, seem pricey and also quite a few have what I would consider undesirable side effects like reduced libido. That said, if you're well all and the side effects don't matter then go for it.

The Pariah said:
but it creeps up on you **** fast.

I does, it really really does. :(

I still sometimes wish I could grow my hair past my shoulders and not look ridiculous.

I started losing mine when I was 16. I'm 23 now and already have the George Costanza look. Some day I'll just shave it all off. I just know I'm way too lazy to keep that up. I'm sure it doesn't help me when it comes to attracting people but I don't really notice anything really bad that's come from it. It's not as big of a deal as some people make it seem.

Speaking as someone whose had a shaved head for near 15 years now all I can say is that you will be your own worst enemy. Sure some people will be shallow enough to judge you on it (and you are better off without them) and other men are by far the worst when it comes to petty comments but never ever be afraid to be you and people will respect you more for it.

P.S. it's not as big a problem for ladies as you may think. Girls will squawk at anything outside of their limited mindset but ladies for the most won't be fussed.

When i was sick and on heavy meds i started loosing my hair by the handfull. It was scary, we are not sure what to attribute it to, the stress or the meds. Any way, i got a treatment for it and it worked, all natural. Scalp exfoliation, the nourrishment for a little while, tha products were expensive but i did not have to use them for long and it worked. The product line is Nioxin

Latest posts

Back