Half vent, half looking for advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growlithetroncat

Reaction score
I'm on my iPod, so my grammar may not be the best.

So at the beginning of this school year I realized that I had 2 classes with this guy who was a year above me. We never got a formal meeting, but we knew each other mostly because we were friends on Facebook. He started liking pictures that I shared and occassionally statuses I posted, so I started to get slightly interested in him. ( I should add that I already found him extremely attractive.) After some Facebook stalking I found out that we had a lot in common. I started involuntarily looking at him and was surprised to find that he was already looking at me. He also started randomly commented on things I posted. I met a mutual friend through a music class, and I decided to get closer to him so I could eventually talk to my crush. By now I've decided that he's so incredibly perfect, and that I've never felt the same way about anyone else. He also started doing stuff for me, like handing me a folder and letting me walk in front of him, but I brushed it off as him being nice.
Months later I'm obsessed with him and I still haven't talked to him. I'm so incredibly scared to just start talking to him.
Also, I wasn't really sure where to put this. I'm sorry if this isn't where it should be.

Sounds like you both like one another, so I would say you should go for it!

Try messaging him on Facebook if you can't directly ask him out, suggest a coffee or something and see what happens?

Good luck!

^^

What the two of them said.

It sounds like you're both into each other.
If you're shy around him and you don't want to make the first move, try and make it a little obvious that you like him. That way he'll (hopefully >_>) pick up on it and make the first move instead.

Best of luck :)

growlithetroncat said:
I'm on my iPod, so my grammar may not be the best.

So at the beginning of this school year I realized that I had 2 classes with this guy who was a year above me. We never got a formal meeting, but we knew each other mostly because we were friends on Facebook. He started liking pictures that I shared and occassionally statuses I posted, so I started to get slightly interested in him. ( I should add that I already found him extremely attractive.) After some Facebook stalking I found out that we had a lot in common. I started involuntarily looking at him and was surprised to find that he was already looking at me. He also started randomly commented on things I posted. I met a mutual friend through a music class, and I decided to get closer to him so I could eventually talk to my crush. By now I've decided that he's so incredibly perfect, and that I've never felt the same way about anyone else. He also started doing stuff for me, like handing me a folder and letting me walk in front of him, but I brushed it off as him being nice.
Months later I'm obsessed with him and I still haven't talked to him. I'm so incredibly scared to just start talking to him.
Also, I wasn't really sure where to put this. I'm sorry if this isn't where it should be.

I agree with everyone else that you should try to find a way to ask him out even if it is not directly. You could arrange to meet up outside of school and see if you both have a connection. It sounds like you are fearful of rejection which I can understand. I hate to sound like a kill joy, but I wouldn't take Facebook likes and comments too seriously unless he actually comes right out and tells you that he fancies you too; Furthermore nobody is perfect (it does sound like he may be a nice guy though). I wish you the best of luck :)

Hey,

Not to be negative but just keep things in perspective a while, when we are attracted to someone there is a lot of wishful, rose tinted thinking where simple gestures can seem like proof that the other person must be mutually attracted. It sounds as if there could be something there but if you can make contact and get to know him maybe you can become a little bit surer and if you're lucky he might say something to let you know and take the decision out of your hands.

It really comes down to how you'd take rejection, if you can take it on the chin and not let it get you down then there’s no harm in being bold, it would just be a shame to have people say "yep, 100% go for it, it sounds as if its meant to be" and then see yourself get let down. So give some thought to that maybe and if you think it would really hurt you or embarrass you, take your time and get to know him as a person until you're confident enough to tell him how you feel. But like everyone says, your next step is to get to know him a bit better and see how things progress.

Take it from someone who is far too analytical for his own good. If at all possible, stop analyzing. It'll make you nervous, paranoid, and it shows up. Instead, use a simple method. Don't try for an actual date if you're not comfortable with what the response would be. A good suggestion, give the guy a compliment. Randomly throw it out as you pass him by. "Nice shirt" or something of that nature. Give a guy a good compliment, and leave it at that. We will respond. Once you're in a conversation, then that nervous behavior you're already feeling, well that's like a bright neon sign to us. If you're nervous when we talk to you, we know you're thinking about us in a way that's not aloof or just friendly. This is your advantage. I sincerely hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back