Happy Birthdays!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think it's good to make a thread to say Happy Birthday to people on thier birthdays?

• Total voters
Oh, and I said yes, because then if others log in on that day they'll see a thread about it and know that it's that persons birthday, and be able to wish them a happy birthday as well and not feel they missed out on their chance to give best wishes... some people don't like others making a big deal about their birthdays though... that's why I put in the No option.

I just sent human_condition a PM wishing her a happy birthday and then I see this :)

I voted yes because of course its a good thing to make a thread. Cheers the birthday person up :)

Happy birthday to the both of you

I voted for PM, that way people would send you a more personal message. If they cared about you that is. Having 1 best friend is better than having 10 acquaintances, in my opinion.

Happy Birthday you two.

I must say though that I hate my own birthday. Nothing worse then being reminded your getting older. Don't really understand why anyone would like having a birthday.

I haven't had a birthday since I was 13... I was told then that I was too old for parties or the like. So that was my last bday... I don't pay any attention to them anymore, and feel somewhat uncomfortable when people bring it up.

I have an aunt that sends everyone cards for every occasion every year... it's so unbelievable that she can possibly remember everyones special days and holidays but she does... amazingly thoughtful woman. My parents remember if I'm home and around where they are... otherwise no cards... sometimes a phone call. I don't mind though, I'm terrible for remembering dates, so I'm only getting as good as I give.

Well then if you don't mind allow me to send you an online greeting, the next time your birthday comes around. Your birth date is a special thing, its one of the footprints you leave in this world.

Lost in the Oilfield said:
I haven't had a birthday since I was 13... I was told then that I was too old for parties or the like. So that was my last bday... I don't pay any attention to them anymore, and feel somewhat uncomfortable when people bring it up.

man that's not good... Birthdays are a day where everything revolves around you. Just for that one day a year. A day where the world celebrates you. Not the royal family are some jumpt up prime minister but you..

I could not Imogen not enjoying my birthday.

Who ever told you you was to old for birthdays wont's a slap.

If I know where you lived you would get a card from me as well,, whether you liked it are not :p

I don't want my own day unless I work hard or bring about something in this world that earns it through my sacrifice... like Valentines or Christmas... otherwise it would more rightly be my mother's day, since she had to go through the pain of having me, or my father's day since he supported, fed and clothed me when I could not do so myself... All the same, I don't mind words too much... a simple happy birthday lets you know that people do care I suppose, and I'll give those words as well as receive.

Appreciate the thought though guys, you're both gentlemen and scholars :)

Latest posts

Back