Hello ALL. Let me introduce myself...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erewhonian

Reaction score
28 / Male / Tornado Alley

I recently went into remission from a long episode of depression. I'm going back to school, volunteering – working on getting out of my hermitage and into The World. But with isolation so long in the making that's going to take a lot of time and effort.

Lets see... I like reading things, watching things, and listening to things. Kind of difficult to come up with a lot to say about that though – seems like most people maintain a constantly updated mental list of their top favorites in each category, but I don't seem to think in superlatives.

In movies I tend towards the auteur-ish. Television: comedies in the vein of Venture Bros and Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Books: mostly genre fiction of the scifi variety. Musically I tend toward “indie” rock, singer-songwriter folksy stuff, and psychedelia.

Used to play a lot of computer/video games – the full immersion they require helped me ignore my problems. Never cared greatly for the action or shooter types, but loved pretty much everything else. Addicted to MMOs for a few years. Haven't engaged in the game vice for awhile, at this point they just make me feel more isolated.

Sounds like the focus of this community might be helpful. Hoping to engage with you all.

I recently went into remission from a long episode of depression.

That's great! I hope the remission continues for you!

Welcome. Sorry you're lonely though.

Latest posts

Back