Hello everyone, from california here :-)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bei

I've never used any kind of forums before so lets see if I can get the hang of this. I'm 25 years old, I'm currently unemployed and I have been for over a year, living at home with my parents trying to deal with my depression and anxiety while feeling completely stuck and useless. I just recently started looking for work but quickly became discouraged and sort of stopped looking. I'm trying to get myself to start looking again but I just can't seem to get out there. I've been glued to my computer watching reruns of desperate housewives on netflix, literally all week. I've done nothing else and I feel like I'm going to a bad place again where I stop going outside and start ignoring the few friends I have. My depression used to be really bad, to the point where I could hardly ever convince myself to leave my house for about 2 years and lost the few new friends I had made when I just moved to the city I currently live in. So... I'm hoping I can talk to some people who have gone through some of this and it would really help to relate with someone who can understand without judging or thinking I'm being silly.
Anyways, thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum. There are quite a few people here in a similar situation to yours.

niave said:
I've never used any kind of forums before so lets see if I can get the hang of this. I'm 25 years old, I'm currently unemployed and I have been for over a year, living at home with my parents trying to deal with my depression and anxiety while feeling completely stuck and useless. I just recently started looking for work but quickly became discouraged and sort of stopped looking. I'm trying to get myself to start looking again but I just can't seem to get out there. I've been glued to my computer watching reruns of desperate housewives on netflix, literally all week. I've done nothing else and I feel like I'm going to a bad place again where I stop going outside and start ignoring the few friends I have. My depression used to be really bad, to the point where I could hardly ever convince myself to leave my house for about 2 years and lost the few new friends I had made when I just moved to the city I currently live in. So... I'm hoping I can talk to some people who have gone through some of this and it would really help to relate with someone who can understand without judging or thinking I'm being silly.
Hi there, I'm completely new here and also have never been part of a forum. I can relate to you 100% I was falling into some dark moods last week and watched almost an entire season of a show on netflix (gha!) so trust me, I am not judging you! I just felt so tired, even thinking was a drag and sad. I felt like I couldn't function.

I live away from home so besides my husband I have literally no one to talk to. I also don't want to fall deeper into sadness so even though I had peeked into this forum a while ago I really felt I needed to join and find others who felt/feel like me. I read your post and it resonated, so I am glad I joined and I hope you feel better knowing someone is feeling very similarly.  

lifesabeach said:
niave said:
Hi there, I'm completely new here and also have never been part of a forum. I can relate to you 100% I was falling into some dark moods last week and watched almost an entire season of a show on netflix (gha!) so trust me, I am not judging you! I just felt so tired, even thinking was a drag and sad. I felt like I couldn't function.

I live away from home so besides my husband I have literally no one to talk to. I also don't want to fall deeper into sadness so even though I had peeked into this forum a while ago I really felt I needed to join and find others who felt/feel like me. I read your post and it resonated, so I am glad I joined and I hope you feel better knowing someone is feeling very similarly.  

I'm glad you joined too! Welcome! :) Thanks for the reply, I do feel better knowing you were able to relate to what I'm feeling. You're also the same age as me xD You seem much more grown up though lol with a husband and all.
I've been zombied out on netflix for the same reason, just anything to stop my mind from thinking of ways to make me feel miserable, sad and crazy.
Anyways, if you'd like we should talk, I can pm you if that's ok or you can pm me of course anytime you want. I can always use a new friend to talk about these thing with.

TropicalStarfish said:
Welcome. Maybe we'll see you in chat. Lots of nice folks there.

Hi, Thanks :D

Latest posts

Back