Hello everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pennywise

Reaction score
Hello,
I'am pleased to be on this forum and that a place like this exists to help people like us. :D
I'am from Switzerland (mother tongue is French, so already sorry for the bad english :p ).
I'am a 26 years old guy and i'am passionate by horror stories (as can be deducted by my avatar ;) ) I'am also into Heavy Metal music and anything heavy and dark. Yeah weird tastes that make it even harder to socialize :(

If i'am here it is because i always had problems connecting with people, having no brothers nor sisters might be one of the reasons. However growing up it is becoming more and more painful feeling alone and being akward in social situations.

There are many reasons why i have difficulties having friends and keeping contact with people.
For exemple being an introvert i like having time for myself being alone, the problem is that i end up loosing track of time and then can spend days just doing nothing, if i had to call someone or send them a msg i tend to forget or do it super late.
Also i realized that i have problems to concentrate for a long time when a person talk to me and that makes it hard to enter a conversation and following what is being said when lot of people are talking together. Plus due to being lonely most of my life i cannot relate to what people are talking about, relationships, hanging out with lots of friends, parties.......
This made me sometimes sad and angry because when i was young my dream was to travel the world, it was the only goal i had put in my life, but you know how life goes, had to study then find a job, then... So i almost forgot it. So when i hear people talking about their travels, it makes me sad because it is like other people have done what i wanted to do rather than me (not that i'am not happy for them).

However i decided that it is time to change, when i was young i used to do martial arts but had to stop because of a shoulder injury and after that never continued, so i decided to start again(martial arts being my third passion beside horror and Heavy Metal), i started Kyokushin karate and there one of the guy decided to travel abroad with his gf in order to train and discover. That helped me remind of my dream that it still can be possible. Now i feel better since i have again a goal in my life, even if i lost it for almost 10 years. For now i'am broke and i need money to achieve it but i'am not in hurry, i need to plan it properly and even if i have to wait 10 more years, after all i'am still young.
The only problem i see facing me is my social anxiety, how can i want to travel and see the world when i cannot even make friends and get along with new people i meet? I'am afraid that due to my lack of ability to communicate i end up alone and living a boring life that i regret.

Anyway thanks for reading my long post :D I hope to make new friends here and find interesting people to share with, but i'am not afraid of that, loners are always the coolest people! ;)

Hey Pennywise, nice to have you on board. Welcome, hope you'll find some people you can connect with on here. Best of luck.

Thanks everybody for your responses :D
Seems that there is alot of interesting people here!

Hairmonster12 said:
Metal Heads got to stick together! i'm a huge Judas Priest fan myself. anyways, welcome!

Yeah exactly we are the best! ;)
Of course Judas Priest! They are my favorite old school Heavy Metal along with the Irons.

Latest posts

Back