Hello Fellow Lonely People

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrokenSoul25

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Being such a lonely individual, it always seems as though no one else in the world is lonely but you. I feel like the most disgusting person on the face of the earth even though I know it's not true. I don't know how to make friends with anyone. I have no family, I'm not in touch with any of my old friends anymore. I won't go anywhere because I'm so self-conscious. All of this has made me a very angry individual. I struggle to get through everyday without abusing myself or crying but I feel like I'm going to go insane. I feel like I'm in jail even though I'm in this great big world. I NEED someone to show me love sooo bad but I can't Make anyone love me. I have such a big heart, all I want to do is love someone and be loved but every social situation I get into is a letdown. I don't know what to do anymore. I have a little boy and I go to school now to better myself but it's so hard to keep going with no support system or "congrats" from anyone. It's like EVERYTHING i do, good or bad, goes unnoticed. I feel invisible. I just want this to be over, life is TERRIBLE. I REALLY hope there is a meaning to it. I also hope I don't die without having truly experienced love from someone other than my child. Why is everyone so cruel and unloving?
It's messed up that we all have to meet like this online instead of having some kind of real life group for people like us. I'm sure there is one somewhere, but nowhere near me.

I sweety, my name is uriel. I know how you feel, I am very bad at approaching people, and so my social life out in the
real world is not big. ^^; I am from Canada and I am a teen, but you know, if you need someone to talk to you can
always pm me ^^

Thank you Uriel, It's nice to meet you. My name is MeMe. I'm 24 years old, but it's always nice to have someone to talk to. What part of Canada are you in? I live about 30mins. from Niagara Falls, Canada
AlertKid said:
I sweety, my name is uriel. I know how you feel, I am very bad at approaching people, and so my social life out in the
real world is not big. ^^; I am from Canada and I am a teen, but you know, if you need someone to talk to you can
always pm me ^^

BrokenSoul25 said:
Thank you Uriel, It's nice to meet you. My name is MeMe. I'm 24 years old, but it's always nice to have someone to talk to. What part of Canada are you in? I live about 30mins. from Niagara Falls, Canada
AlertKid said:
always pm me ^^

I live in Kingston, Ontario. a couple hours away from you i guess ^^

Hi Brokensoul25 !!! Welcome to the forum! =D
I just want you to know that you are definitely not alone in this!
We all feel depressed and invisible!
But don't give up!
Life is definitely not meaningless
You mentioned you have a child, then you should focus on raising him.
Your aim in life now is to raise your child.
Give him a lot of love so that he would not grow up to become one of us~
Just don't give up on life yet~Hang in there, and always be positive.
I hope that everything will turn out good for you!
There are a lot of friendly people in this forum! And they are all willing to read your emails~
Maybe you can try email them or pm them and make pen-pal friends! ^^

Oh! And by the way! I read your post here http://www.alonelylife.com/im-so-fat-t-4114.html
Just want you to know that replies are disabled in that part of the forum, so it's not because no one wants to reply!
You are definitely not disgustingly fat~! And don't even say that about yourself! Have confidence in yourself and don't be afraid to make new friends! Everyone has a part of himself/herself that he/she is afraid to be commented and criticized by other people~ I for one, am too skinny and people keep telling me that i'm ugly because i'm just bones and skins! It felt really bad but hey~It'll pass!
And I also know a lot of overweight people who are popular and have lots of friends!
You just need to have confidence in yourself!

Tell yourself everyday that you will not give up, and that not a single person in the world can tell you to give up!

Hi there BrokenSoul25 and welcome. :)

A lot of us feel the same as you (hence why we're all here I guess, eh? =P) so know that you're in a safe, understanding place with people who are going through either the same, or similar experiences.

I found the more I loved, and accepted myself, the more others did. I know that sounds like a big stupid cliche, and yes I did have friends and people who cared about/loved me even when I was badly depressed and repulsed by myself, but the better I got and the more I learned to like myself, it felt easier to make connections with people, so I find there's a bit of truth to it.

If you ever need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me. I may not always have a lot to say, but I'm always willing to listen, without question. :)

Welcome.

I'm not going to give you some obvious advice that you'll probably ignore anyway. Your a single mother and I know the road ahead is not going to be easy. I have a few ideas though. But first heres todays song which I think you will relate to:

Its by no means the best Delerium has to offer, but I felt strangely drawn to post it today. Don't be dead inside, don't try to numb the pain.

On to the ideas:

1) Inner work: If you're spiritual now is the time for prayer and fasting. If not then try to assess your purpose in life. Follow the sorrow to its deepest point, but do not kill yourself. Somewhere inside you the answer is there, if you want it badly enough. Demand your inner self for a breakthrough. A goal, a purpose, an approach, maybe even a dream. Don't be dead inside, I can't stress this enough. Dead is a balanced point from which nothing happens. Sorrow is a negative point which invokes the equal and opposite end of the spectrum.

2) have you tried the dating sites? Eharmony, Okcupid, Perfectmatch.

3) Desperate men: they exist everywhere. Be careful though. You want the ones with morals and who are deep and caring. Be willing to love them unconditionally and for who they are, make sure you test whether love is sincere and whether being in their life would help them work through their problems.

4) Are you happy with your job? Maybe you need something more meaningful. Or maybe you should look for social groups with ideas you can relate to. The kind of people who are dedicated to some higher cause are usually very loving.

5) Psychics, Astrology, Numerology. Even if its not true you get a sense of hope to try and make it happen. I recommend this one http://www.aboutastro.com/cgi-bin/r...a=2006-12-12&gclid=CLHQv9LwvJYCFQOaFQodugbiyA her approach is extremely moving and compassionate. I also recommend http://www.123numerology.com/?hop=95037t this 150 page personal report will put all of your gifts, tendencies, and challenges into perspective.

6) Have you considered getting a pet?

7) Develop your imagination and creativity more. Maybe get a hobby.

8) Theres also this site http://www.circleoflight.net/soulmates1.html there are a lot of thoughts about soulmates and positive energy here. I know its our nature to be skeptic but opening yourself for a time can bring some very interesting journeys. The key to exploring these things is to lap everything into a state of potential existence then let your higher intuitive self decide.

I really hope you find a sense of peace. You owe it to your child to do so. You need to find some joy, the strength to persevere. The world is not how it should be, try not to be so critical of it. It's not your appearance. If you were the most gorgeous babe on earth people would just unworthy of you.

Not the same situation but I feel I know how your feeling is.
PM me when you need.

Hey BrokenSoul25,
I understand what you mean, it's hard being a single parent. My brother is a single parent, and he feels like everyday nobody is giving him support, or he isn't being appreciated. I try spending as much time with him as possible, and talking to him, but even then I understand or see at times why he's withdrawn. He has so much going on, and I wouldn't truly be able to understand him, though I can sympathize and talk with him, but even then there's still that emptiness.

Hi Broken,
I couldn't reply to your post about your weight, so I PMed you instead. You sound like a really neat person, and if I knew you in real life I think I would definitely be your friend. But I don't know you in real life so I guess this forum will have to suffice!

Welcome. I hope you're able to get the feedback you need in order to overcome your problems. I know I've only been here a little while, and just having a group of simmilar people has helped me gain some insight in to certain things.

Latest posts

Back