Hello to everybody out there!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V.V.

Reaction score
Hello everyone, call me VV! 20 years old and I go by Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6) in case that is necessary to explain. 

I'm currently doing therapy right now and it's kinda difficult for me to do. There are pros and cons of my experience. One of the pros is that it has helped me navigate stressful situations that would normally give me ridiculous amounts of anxiety (these situations are usually considered normal, e.g. ordering a sandwich from Subway) and one of the cons is that I'm very slow at the healing process, so that frustrates me. I kinda wish I could force myself to get better, but that would make things worse. The flow of life is tough (at least for me it is).

I've decided to join this forum in order to try to connect to other people who are at an iffy place in their life. Like, right now my life kinda feels like it's slowed down because I'm trying to recover from both mental and physical health conditions that developed due to a negligent upbringing. Also, reading so many fantastic introductions kinda urged me to make an account, too!

That being said, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for life to feel at a pause or a slow pace. I think that sometimes it's for the benefit of a better future. A lot of my acquaintances are going through college, getting good jobs and finding love and that used to make me feel super jealous. But now I'm actually glad for them and if I can be glad for them then I can be glad for myself for taking these steps in improving my life. But...I guess another reason for joining this forum is that it can feel pretty lonely at times going through these changes -- especially since I'm not used to change (although I'm accepting of it).

But aside from my recovery goals, I do have dreams that I would like to achieve. I've always had an interest in writing! But narrowing down the type of writing has been a long process for me to decide. Although, I've always loved historian type work and script writing.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing so many posts from the users on here and occasionally chatting to some of y'all!

Hiya, VV-- and welcome!

I hope your therapy helps you find a way to manage anxiety productively.  You apparently look for the pros as well as the cons in such situations, which is great.  Just about every difficulty brings with it a gift of some sort, if we're sharp enough to find it.  Maybe this slower pace you're holding is helping you level up in patience, as well.  Took me 40 years to achieve  that one... impatience was a real thing for me in years past.

IAC... onward and upward!  I look forward to seeing you on the forum, here.   :D

Welcome friend! Hope you find what you’re looking for here! Don’t feel afraid to PM if you ever feel like talking!

V.V. said:
Hello everyone, call me VV! 20 years old and I go by Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6) in case that is necessary to explain. 

I'm currently doing therapy right now and it's kinda difficult for me to do. There are pros and cons of my experience. One of the pros is that it has helped me navigate stressful situations that would normally give me ridiculous amounts of anxiety (these situations are usually considered normal, e.g. ordering a sandwich from Subway) and one of the cons is that I'm very slow at the healing process, so that frustrates me. I kinda wish I could force myself to get better, but that would make things worse. The flow of life is tough (at least for me it is).

I've decided to join this forum in order to try to connect to other people who are at an iffy place in their life. Like, right now my life kinda feels like it's slowed down because I'm trying to recover from both mental and physical health conditions that developed due to a negligent upbringing. Also, reading so many fantastic introductions kinda urged me to make an account, too!

That being said, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing for life to feel at a pause or a slow pace. I think that sometimes it's for the benefit of a better future. A lot of my acquaintances are going through college, getting good jobs and finding love and that used to make me feel super jealous. But now I'm actually glad for them and if I can be glad for them then I can be glad for myself for taking these steps in improving my life. But...I guess another reason for joining this forum is that it can feel pretty lonely at times going through these changes -- especially since I'm not used to change (although I'm accepting of it).

But aside from my recovery goals, I do have dreams that I would like to achieve. I've always had an interest in writing! But narrowing down the type of writing has been a long process for me to decide. Although, I've always loved historian type work and script writing.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing so many posts from the users on here and occasionally chatting to some of y'all!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Latest posts

Back