Hello! Yet another new member

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Terminus

Greetings everyone!

I found this forum a couple of weeks ago, I can't really remember how, I was probably just feeling down and typing in random (not very positive) words on Google. Not quite sure why, but it lead somewhere at least! :D

Anyways, I thought I'd introduce myself, I'll try to keep it somewhat short. ;)

My name is Rikard, I'm a 21 years old guy and I live in Sweden. I would say that I'm a very lonely person and it's definately not by choice. I guess I actually enjoy being by myself most of the time but I believe having at least a few really close friends is extremely important in life... sadly this seems to be too much to ask for. :(

I would say that I'm usually pretty social but I get really anxious and nervous around people I don't know, I've also been dealing with pretty severe OCD since I was just a kid, whice has limited me in many ways.

I never had too many friends in "real life", but I've had loads of great friends through the net. Sadly, most of the people I used to talk to, especially those I cared for very much, seem to have just turned their back on me.

So while my life situation isn't getting much better I'm trying not to give up hope. I know there are great people out there, and hopefully I will be able to meet a few here. I find it easier to talk to people who have gone through similar things. :)

As a person I'm usually pretty calm and quiet, I love talking to other people though and I try to be positive even though that is rarely how I truly feel.

Music is probably my biggest passion in life, my favorit genre is metal - all kinds! I can definately appreciate other kinds of music though. I play the guitar and the bass, neither very well but I still wish to be able to record music of my own one day. :cool:

My other interests range from things like computer games to art, history and astronomy... and sleeping of course! I can get excited about things pretty easily and I think life is about learning and experiencing as much as possible. :)

****... this became pretty long after all! Anyways, hopefully you know a bit about me now. If you think we have anything at all in common feel free to send me a message, e-mail or add me on MSN. You can find my e-mail in my profile.

Take care everyone! And nice to meet you all.

/Terminus

Welcome Rikard. I am glad you decided to start posting.

Welcome,

It's great you found this place, everyone here knows what you're talking about, they've all experienced it one way or another. I'm sure you'll make some friends here, everyone is here for the same reason: support. Btw there are other Swedes here too.

I know from my own experience that being "calm n' quiet" is the perfect recipe for a situation like this, it just isn't what most ppl are looking for. It's a common thing not revealing your true self irl, it would only make the situation worse I think.

You like _all_ kinds of metal? oh man that would be quite a list, I can only say I like the classic heavy metal and maybe some other styles, I'm quite picky when it comes to music. You play guitar and bass, that's awesome :), I hope to learn that some day too, eventho I allrdy know I will suck because i'm slow at everything I do.

Eventho it's hard to get in bed, everyone likes sleeping :D. You are right, life is all you got, so make sure you use it up completely :p

Nah, you're post wasn't long at all, you made it look longish with all the paragraphs. Also you forgot to say if you're still a student or allrdy a working citizen. Anyways you seem like an interesting person, I'm definitely adding you.

Enjoy your stay here,

welcome.. :)

i think someone has that avatar already....i've seen it

Welcome to the forum Terminus :) I'm sure you will find many real friends in here. Just post your thoughts in here or send out a PM.

One thing you said that caught my eye - "I guess I actually enjoy being by myself most of the time ". Though I'm tired of being lonely, 'sometimes' (not always) even I feel that I like being only with myself. I wonder if it is because I feel safe / secured that way? I guess this way we know for sure that we will not get hurt? We won't leave ourselves alone? Am I making any sense? Sorry, I'm not clearly able to express what I want to say. I hope not making this too complicated...LOL....

HUGS...

Latest posts

Back