Hello!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scatman

Reaction score
I've been struggling with depression for the past two years. Early on I begun to push my friends away, not on purpose of course, but that's just how it went. Nowadays I hardly ever see anybody. I still consider all of them my friends, yet I don't feel like I can call them anymore. I've lost my place among the people I used to hang out with. I even feel like I've kind of lost myself, but that may be because I've matured, and that the depression coincided with this. All in all it has been two pretty confusing years, and I'm currently very uncertain about most aspects of my life. I'm nearing my graduation, and would definitely say that my future prospects are good and safe, but very unappealing in all but a few possible outcomes.

EDIT: I contradicted myself. I meant that I was uncertain on a more personal level, i.e. motivation for doing what I do e.t.c.

For some reason I came to believe that most of the online articles and tips on coping with and ultimately recovering from depression, almost always speak from a theoretical standpoint, without any first hand experience. So I decided to look for a real "success story" to find out what actually helped, and stumbled upon some thread on this forum. Of course, I realized pretty soon that my initial assumption was wrong. But the thread got me interested in this forum, and with such a familiar name I decided to make an account hehe.

I'm looking forward to hearing what other, like-minded people have to say about things. Oh, and yeah, I immediately regretted my stupid username...

Hey Scatman, welcome to the site.

I've pushed far too many good friends away in the past. I don't intend to, it's just subconscious, I think I have a problems letting people get close. Sounds like you might be experiencing the same.

You're in good company here, there are so many great people here and they've accepted me into their community just like I'm sure they will you.

Welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Back