Hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actus

Reaction score
I signed up here before but couldn't bring myself to post anything. I was trying to pretend everything was okay in my life and felt like coming here begging for help would be defeat. Some of my problems have come from my childhood but mostly from when I lost my hearing. I left school at 16 due to not being able to hear or talk to my friends and teachers then I left my mum who I grew up with last year when I was 18 since we didn't get along.

Right now I live alone and luckily have a good job from skills I taught myself. I don't like where my life is going though and have started taking drugs I never ever thought I would take. I never imagined my life turning out this way and seriously think I'll be dead, in prison or a junkie soon. I don't know what to do. I can't go to bars because communicating with people is impossible in an environment like that with my hearing. All I do now is spend time alone but deep down I don't want to. I hope I can find help here. This might sound desperate but I'm really looking for a father figure or friend. Thank you.

Hi Actus, I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. I have been there myself. PM me if you will, maybe I can point you to some resources, or just lend an ear. Be well!

Welcome to the forum. Coming here isn't admitting defeat. Think of it more as a place to find yourself. A place to discover who you are with people who are in some ways similar to you.

Drugs won't help you in the long run. You need to find something other than substance to take your mind away from whatever you're 1
feeling. I can't be a father figure, but if you ever need to talk, feel free to PM me.

Feel free to try out the chat room. :)

Hi Actus, welcome. I can't really advise you, but I'm sure you'll find some help here :)

Hello Sir, welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about sounding desperate, you're fine here. I personally have no experience with drugs, so i'm afraid i can't really help you with that. But i can always listen if you feel like talking. I don't mind doing that.

Please don't be afraid to speak your mind on this forum, you're safe here. I hope you can find what you are looking for. Send me a message if you need help with anything!

actus said:
I signed up here before but couldn't bring myself to post anything. I was trying to pretend everything was okay in my life and felt like coming here begging for help would be defeat. Some of my problems have come from my childhood but mostly from when I lost my hearing. I left school at 16 due to not being able to hear or talk to my friends and teachers then I left my mum who I grew up with last year when I was 18 since we didn't get along.

Right now I live alone and luckily have a good job from skills I taught myself. I don't like where my life is going though and have started taking drugs I never ever thought I would take. I never imagined my life turning out this way and seriously think I'll be dead, in prison or a junkie soon. I don't know what to do. I can't go to bars because communicating with people is impossible in an environment like that with my hearing. All I do now is spend time alone but deep down I don't want to. I hope I can find help here. This might sound desperate but I'm really looking for a father figure or friend. Thank you.

I would really encourage you to seek out a recovery group, like a 12 step meeting, before things get any worse. You might even make some friends!

Ouch... am sorry to hear what you have gone thru.. if u ever feel bad try PMing me.. When am on board I will contact you *hugs* Dont feel bad and BTW welcome on board.. :)

Hi Actus. Welcome to the forum. I really hope you can find what you are looking for here.

There have been some good suggestions already posted so hopefully you will look into some of them to see if they could help you

Hello and welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. *hugs* There are lots of really kind people here. :)

Latest posts

Back