hey I'm new :)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gustafsg

Reaction score
I was feeling alone and sad on a Saturday night, so I randomly googled "lonely college student" and came across the whole invisible man thread(if you haven't read it, check it out, very deep and thought provoking thread) and decided I had to join this forum!

About me, I'll keep it short for now...I'm a college sophomore, majoring in Elementary Education. I am involved in a lot of clubs and organizations on campus, mostly in an effort to make friends, but also for pure enjoyment. I have met a lot of people, people who I wave high to when I pass them on the way to class, or chat with briefly when I run into them. But I have not made any real friends. I have one friend I met in high school who goes to school with me and we are still fairly close, but see less and less of each other as she lives off campus and I'm in the dorms. Otherwise, I am usually busy and relatively satisfied during the week, but I dread weekends, because it usually means I'm sitting alone in my dorm watching tv or searching random things on the internet.

I don't have a boyfriend, and haven't been in a relationship since a short and meaningless fling I had in high school. Like most people here, I am not unattractive, and I like to think that I am an easy person to get along with. A lot of my problems stem from my shyness, I have a really hard time feeling at ease with new people. It takes me a long time to become close friends with my peers, which makes things difficult on a busy college campus where, unlike high school, you generally don't see the same person day in and day out.

So much for a short post! Oh well, feels good to let it out, even if on a forum for lonely people! Thanks for reading!

aww thanks for the welcomes! I can already tell I'm going to like this forum everyone is so nice! :)

Welcome gustafsg :)

gustafsg said:
I was feeling alone and sad on a Saturday night, so I randomly googled "lonely college student" and came across the whole invisible man thread(if you haven't read it, check it out, very deep and thought provoking thread) and decided I had to join this forum!

About me, I'll keep it short for now...I'm a college sophomore, majoring in Elementary Education. I am involved in a lot of clubs and organizations on campus, mostly in an effort to make friends, but also for pure enjoyment. I have met a lot of people, people who I wave high to when I pass them on the way to class, or chat with briefly when I run into them. But I have not made any real friends. I have one friend I met in high school who goes to school with me and we are still fairly close, but see less and less of each other as she lives off campus and I'm in the dorms. Otherwise, I am usually busy and relatively satisfied during the week, but I dread weekends, because it usually means I'm sitting alone in my dorm watching tv or searching random things on the internet.

I don't have a boyfriend, and haven't been in a relationship since a short and meaningless fling I had in high school. Like most people here, I am not unattractive, and I like to think that I am an easy person to get along with. A lot of my problems stem from my shyness, I have a really hard time feeling at ease with new people. It takes me a long time to become close friends with my peers, which makes things difficult on a busy college campus where, unlike high school, you generally don't see the same person day in and day out.

So much for a short post! Oh well, feels good to let it out, even if on a forum for lonely people! Thanks for reading!

That was a very interesting introductory post, Gustafsg, and I know how relieving it can be to just write your story and problems down :)

There are many people here on ALL who are in a similar position to you - in College, with many acquantices but essentially zero friends. I could relate to much of your post as well, even though I am only a high school student (and thus have not had as much life experience as the other people here). There are many people that I might say "hi" to upon passing by in a hallway at school, but our relationships never really evolve beyond that. My problems stem from shyness too, especially when in a group situation with people from my grade at school.

I hope you have a great time here on ALL, and that you meet some great people, with whom you can hopefully help each other to overcome your problems :)

Have hope!

Latest posts

Back