Hi everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
X

xmassey

Hi,

I found this forum a few days ago whilst searching for info on loneliness in Google. At the time I was feeling very lonely, and it made me feel better just to know there was a community of you guys. I am 21 years old and I am studying a masters degree in physical geography. This year has been the worst year of my life and I have never felt even remotely how I do now on many occassions. 99% of my friends finished university last year and I am one of the only people doing a 4 year course. My life here is entirely different from my life at home. I live with 3 other people here however its quite complicated and I rarely see any of them. Every time I return back to university, my life suddenly changes, I am suddenly alone. At home I have plenty of friends, my family, and I have lots to do. Here I know nobody and I have no friends. I can spend up to a week in my bedroom at a time without even having any sort of social contact with anyone let alone seeing anyone. Maybe others may understand why its difficult to make new friends etc towards the end of university life. I am feeling much better at the moment, as I have had a few days to settle back into the usual lonely situation as I returned for my 2nd semester last week.
I have found it really comforting to read everyones messages since I found this website, and I have been spending alot of time here so I thought I better post a message. As I am sure many of you will understand loneliness/depression/anxiousness etc isn't straight forward, and though I feel fine now, that can change within literally seconds. But I look forward to the future...

Thanks
Chris

And hear is the rabble lol,,, welcome Chris :)

I hope you don't mined me moving this to the new members forum :)

hey xmassy, i hope things cheer up.

there's a lot of college students here feeling the same way.

feel free to pm me if you want

peace

:D

Mmm, well here's to hoping that you can finish up your university stuff soon and move back to where you're happiest. :)

Personally, I think being in a happy environment takes priority over academic routine, unless you really, really want that M.S. Either way, good luck!

Hello Chris,
I'm also in Uni and I'm going through the exact same things, my friends are 3000km away and I miss them dearly and I know no one in Uni. I actually found this forum the same way you did last week haha!
I hope you find some consolation for your loneliness here at this forum. There are so many nice caring people who can really empathize with you.
Oh! And good luck with your masters! that's awesome! ^_^

Ashley

Latest posts

Back