Hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leece

Reaction score
I found this forum while googling the phrase "how to stop missing someone." This is my near-constant state of mind, really. I've read through some of the threads relating to this topic, and find comfort in knowing I'm not alone.

A little background: Shy, hyperlexic and hypersensitive child; developed school phobia and "autistic withdrawal disorder" age 14 after serious illness; launched into early adulthood due to family breakup/economic necessity; married and parented early; numerous secretarial jobs in which I came to learn I'm more task-oriented than people-oriented; divorce & remarriage; parenthood again at age 40; my daughter has Aspergers and I think she may have inherited it from me.

My life is in major transition at the moment; rather not go into details at this time. Only that it is a midlife challenge that I don't dare fail. I realize that I've become completely socially withdrawn in the past three years, potentially handicapping me from meeting the challenge I face.

My internal censor is incredibly stringent and has been for a couple years now, so this is all I can manage to type. Hope I made sense....

Welcome to the Forum Leece :)

Sorry to hear all you have been through - you have come to a good place.

Latest posts

Back