Hospitals are fun

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Satyr

Yeah, I'm havin' a good old time.

All I do anymore is go back and forth to work, my mother's house and the hospital. Every spare moment I get is generally interrupted by a phonecall that ends in driving clear across town to a goddamn hospital. I offically hate hospitals.

Why do I do this? So I can watch my mom roll around in pain while inept physicians and nursing staff do pretty much nothing. Angels of mercy my ass. To anyone working in the medical profession that enjoys standing around in hallways gabbing about your moronic life, I'd suggest remembering that there's probably a pissed off relative listening in the next room, two seconds away from gouging both your eyes out with a ballpoint pen or syringe.

If you think you know pain, try having your legs slowly rot away from the result of slow, diabetic complications. You're unable to walk, sleep or be even remotely comfortable doing anything. Pretty much all you get to do in that condition is roll around and moan. Try watching someone in this condition as honeysuckle for brains medical staff stand around scratching their asses.

There should be a test for physicians and nurses that involves finding out whether any of them possess any actual compassion. Failure of said test should result in being thrown out the highest window onto hard concrete, tied to the back of an ambulance and dragged 10 miles at about 70 mph...make that 80.

Maybe then, empty headed idiots with the desire to "help others" will think twice about taking that wonderful course at their local community college. If you want to stand around a hallway flapping your horselike gums to the tune of pointless garbage, I'd suggest choosing communications. Whatever you do, stay the hell away from sick people...for their sake, if nothing else.

In the meantime, get the heck out of the hospital hallway so I won't have to kick you repeatedly in the groin and buttocks for being a complete drain on everyone's time and health.

Asshats...

:( I'm so sorry to hear that your mother is in that condition.

They cant give her medication so she isnt in as much pain?

I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong.

Sorry you're going through that.

I've been to hospitals lately helping an elderly gentalman that's in constant back pain.
Nope..I cn't imgine the pain nor I want to.
Yeah...sometimes my patients gets push or tested to the limit ... hanging around hospitals and old people.
I had an encounter like that last week myself...very fustrating. (FUN...lmao)

I remember many years ago...kicking the **** emergency room door over and over again,
screaming and making a big ass scene.
The stupid nurse and secutary said to wait....I say fresia that honeysuckle..my gf was hemeraging
to death...wait my ass. They had me vedio too....:p GOOD

I can't really throw a blanket over everyone...some of the staffs where very compassionate
and understanding. Some are emotionally detached or numb from the situation so they can
function. Even in recent weeks.

Some staff members are only lab technicians , food service, janitorial, administrations...etc.
They all don't have access to the pills or medications.

I've been hospitalized myself ..in constant pain from an accident. It was one of best hospital
with the best care a person can have for the type of injury I had.
I was in constant pain no matter how much morphine they injected into me. i was going to OD
if they injected anymore medications into me.
It depends what hospital and staff. I got treated with the best of care.

The memories I have in hospital was not about the nurses but about the illness I was suffering from.(Asthma.)

Because I was in emergency department,I was so dismayed to see people that are brought into the hospital and looks half dead.

Guess I was in Singapore,which is known to have high medical standards.

yea Hospitals are real fun huh? ******* great fun they are mate.

Dude, I have spent a lot of time in hospitals and I know what you mean about the nursing staff. OK they are some real good once there. And I have a lot to be thankful for the good once. But agreed there is a lot of wasters in this job. The night staff are weirs for it. I have even known them to disconnect a sick persons buzzer be for now cos they keep calling for a nurse cos they where in pain.

Angels of mercy my ass as well mate. Some deserve a medal but agreed most do not. The only difference most there wont to make is a difference to there bank balance.

Satyr, stay strong mate, keep calm. Do your beast and know that's all you can do.

I am sorry your mother isn't doing well. Yes hospitals just aren't fun.

She's back home now, but that just means we'll get to go through the whole thing over again at some point. They did finally prescribe her something for pain.

I don't think she'll ever improve 100%. From this point on it's just "maintenance" and keeping her comfortable. I fear the worst is still ahead but not much can be done about it.

I usually try not to mention this stuff here, but I was pretty upset by the unhelpful attitude of the local hospital staff.

I guess that's all I had to say. Thanks for the responses.

Stuff like that is hard. If you can not rant about stuff here then where else can you go to get it out? This is the reason I come here anyway. Kinder like therapy to unload on here. Better then not thinking about it at all. Just to seat there feeling like honeysuckle. Well, it kinder helps to put things into perspective I think.

Your mom is very lucky to have a son like yourself.

Sorry to hear this.

I know just how disgusting many people are. I have experienced it first hand. I think it's deplorable that we have created a society where it's acceptable to not give a ****. Oh, don't get too close to people. Then when a doctor kills you they don't have to feel a thing, just shrug.

I was in hospital for two day's just before christmas and i liked my stay.
All the nurse's were lovely and treated me with kindness.
I would get chocolate's for all the of them but i'd be broke if i did haha.
The bad one's wreck it for the all good one's, just like the police force.

punisher said:

I stayed at a hospital when I wen into sugery once....

She plugged the IV in wrong and my hand swelled up. XD

Hijacc said:
punisher said:

It's a ***** when they do that wrong :p

punisher said:
Hijacc said:
punisher said:

Overall it was fine going to the bathroom was awkward and stuff...

I got cranky because they wouldnt let me go home though...

Hijacc said:
punisher said:
Hijacc said:
punisher said:

Overall it was fine going to the bathroom was awkward and stuff...

I got cranky because they wouldnt let me go home though...

I had two drain's coming out of my chest so had to carry two bag's of blood around too :p but i never felt better, :)

Satyr, I know exactly how you feel. My mom too suffers from diabetes, and it became so bad, on her last day of work, she fell, and we knew that was it for her. To top it all off, some idiotic doctor did surgery on her back thinking it was the cause of why her legs didn't want work. He messed up the surgery twice. And I had a right of mind to try my hardest to get his license taken away. What he did wasn't even remotely right, and I'd hate to think he's doing it to other people.

One doctor told my mom she was making it up, and one doctor refused to give her any pain medication. My brother stepped in - who's 6'6 and about 350 pounds - and he scared that doctor, so a nurse came in, and thank God, gave her some morphine. I had to hold her hand, telling her to squeeze my hand as hard as she could if it made her feel better. Another doctor gave her so much pain medication, she was finally able to sleep some, and it took away her pain for at least 3 days after she came back home from the emergency room. He had said to her, "Ma'am, I wouldn't want my own mother in so much pain, so I'm just going to give you as much as I can." So not every doctor is dim-witted... There are some out there who do have a knack for helping people as much as they possibly can.

VanillaCreme said:
Satyr, I know exactly how you feel. My mom too suffers from diabetes, and it became so bad, on her last day of work, she fell, and we knew that was it for her. To top it all off, some idiotic doctor did surgery on her back thinking it was the cause of why her legs didn't want work. He messed up the surgery twice. And I had a right of mind to try my hardest to get his license taken away. What he did wasn't even remotely right, and I'd hate to think he's doing it to other people.

One doctor told my mom she was making it up, and one doctor refused to give her any pain medication. My brother stepped in - who's 6'6 and about 350 pounds - and he scared that doctor, so a nurse came in, and thank God, gave her some morphine. I had to hold her hand, telling her to squeeze my hand as hard as she could if it made her feel better. Another doctor gave her so much pain medication, she was finally able to sleep some, and it took away her pain for at least 3 days after she came back home from the emergency room. He had said to her, "Ma'am, I wouldn't want my own mother in so much pain, so I'm just going to give you as much as I can." So not every doctor is dim-witted... There are some out there who do have a knack for helping people as much as they possibly can.

He isn't even a member anymore Vanilla

If you take the time to learn about health care you will find out that doctors, just like everyone, screw up constantly. Oh if you only knew, you wouldn't ever want to go in a hospital again..... lol Unlike on TV, they kill people on accident all the time.

He can still read this. Maybe he left because of a situation with his mom. =/

Latest posts

Back