How are your parents?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was adopted when I was 3 days old. My adoptive parents were so loving and kind . I was blessed. Of course not everything was perfect. My Mother had a drinking problem that she fought and overcame but it took her until I graduated high school to become sober. There were some very dark times. She was never abusive. In fact she was one of the sweetest people in the world. But many days I would come home from school to find her passed out on the couch. When she stopped drinking cold turkey she ended up almost dying from withdraw. But she got help and I was so proud of her for being able to fight her addiction. She died 4 years ago And was about 30 years sober. I’m still not over her death . She was truly my best friend. My Dad died 18 years ago. He was devoted to me and my mom. My parents and I were in our own little world and now I feel lost without them. Sometimes I just feel left behind. I know it’s not healthy to be so tightly tied to your parents that you don’t branch out and pursue other relationships. But I have to confess that is my truth.

My parents are alive and well,we have had issues at times.One was with a few ex boyfriends I had,hated them.Dad acted like the tv show character Al Bundy when they came.Right hand around the neck or on the left arm opening the door throwing them out.

Latest posts

Back