how can i not get upset?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twinklestar

Reaction score
I've written in quite a few threads about my 2 female friends, and how one is quite sly and selfish and wants the other lovely friend to herself...well sly's at it again and i want to stop thinking about it all the time and stop letting it upset me
for example i don't really get out much due to having small children and sly has arranged for her and lovely to go out for a meal in a couple of days time when she knows for sure i won't be able to attend....In the past sly has treated lovely like rubbish, yet she won't say anything to her!

also Sly had a party a few days ago and on her facebook page there's loads of photos of all the guests, yet the only person who's not on the pics is ME!!, it was like i didn't exist or attend

I'm fed up it upsetting me and would like not to think about it all the time but i can't:(, i guess its because i think so highly about the lovely friend and i've always treated her so well and she obviously thinks more of the sly friend

PrinceCharming said:
Have you tried meeting new people? Sounds like you need to get rid of those two soon :/

I've tried quite a lot!I've been to groups,courses etc and even though i try quite hard people just aren't drawn to me for some reason...people seem to go out of their way to avoid me...There's nothing wrong with me, i'm quite intelligent,very kind,i can hold a conversation and i don't look like a freak...I've put various adverts on find a friend websites and never had a single reply

twinklestar said:
I've tried quite a lot!I've been to groups,courses etc and even though i try quite hard people just aren't drawn to me for some reason...people seem to go out of their way to avoid me...There's nothing wrong with me, i'm quite intelligent,very kind,i can hold a conversation and i don't look like a freak...I've put various adverts on find a friend websites and never had a single reply

Geez you sound EXACTLY like me! I too was on friend finding website and came off it due to a lack of interest in me. Perhaps we could be friends.
:)

In all fairness, I don't know these ladies, but it seems to me that they are a source of stress for you. Friends are supposed to make you happy, not treat you like a gum on the bottom of their shoe. I'm sorry to hear this. I hope that you can find some true friends who will love you for you and never betray you. Sadly, they're are a dying breed these days.

Godspeed.
LK

Are friends people you mumble hello to in the communal bathroom in the morning at college? Because, that's how it is for me here in college.

so very lonely said:
twinklestar said:

Geez you sound EXACTLY like me! I too was on friend finding website and came off it due to a lack of interest in me. Perhaps we could be friends.
:)

yep that would be nice, Sophia:)...and yes totally know what you mean, some weeks it can feel like i've not spoke to another human being, other than shop assistants etc...just fed up of putting faith in people to have that trust broken a few months down the line when i get dumped for a new friend

Hi dear,
You should never take tension, and try to remain happy. You should leave such selfish friends and meet new people to search the sincere friends.

Gresham said:
Hi dear,
You should never take tension, and try to remain happy. You should leave such selfish friends and meet new people to search the sincere friends.

trust me i've tried in every way possible and i think i've met a friend and then they'll ignore me when i see them next

twinklestar said:
Gresham said:
Hi dear,

trust me i've tried in every way possible and i think i've met a friend and then they'll ignore me when i see them next
Any Comment?

twinklestar said:
Gresham said:
Hi dear,

Any Comment?

Gresham said:
twinklestar said:
Gresham said:
Hi dear,

Any Comment?

You can stop right here and not try anymore and just be alone for the rest of your life. But you wouldn't because then you really have no hope.

Latest posts

Back