How to meet people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fender

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm still here.

Does anyone have any tips on meeting people? I am going to college, and my second semester classes start on Monday. I never really have much to say in conversations because I usually don't know much about what people are talking about or I am just too nervous to go out on a ledge and join a conversation. I think I am afraid I will say something dumb and people will make fun of me when I'm not around or people just won't like me. I really want to try hard to talk to people and meet people this semester though so I was hoping I could get some tips.

Thanks!

hmm. .
Join Club and be active in club activities. You will make a lot of friends in clubs who have similar interest like yours.
Be friendly and helpful but don't afraid to speak out when someone is trying to make fun of you.
I joined quite a number of clubs and was really active for the first year. And I made quite a few friends who are in fact, really helpful and have similar interest as me.
Hope it will be helpful for you. :)

Fender said:
Does anyone have any tips on meeting people? I am going to college, and my second semester classes start on Monday. I never really have much to say in conversations because I usually don't know much about what people are talking about or I am just too nervous to go out on a ledge and join a conversation. I think I am afraid I will say something dumb and people will make fun of me when I'm not around or people just won't like me. I really want to try hard to talk to people and meet people this semester though so I was hoping I could get some tips.

There will be some people who have the same interests as you or want to be your friends.These will be your best targets for friends because you have something in common with them or there is a willingness to be your friend.

Just think of a group as many individuals.Stick to talking to individuals who you are closer to and then start talking to other individuals.Keep fears and doubts aside and you will do just fine.

The state you are in right now is like "Stuck inside your own head", it's full of judgements and labels of your surroundings or yourself. Everything is seen through a wall of thinking. You thinking isn't helping with social situations. Generally thinking is not entirely needed for interacting with people.

The state that you'll proabably feel more happy/content/expressive, is a talkative state. Just talk to people, and keep talking, and keep talking, and keep talking until you get into these states of talking where it's fun and everything is easy and just a dodle.

Also, take your time, you're going to see these people day in day out of your semester, just ease yourself in.

Latest posts

Back