I can't relate to my friends anymore

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I can't stand my friends anymore. I don't know what the problem is. I just find that with certain ppl, there's no more conversation to be had. I feel it's the clash of changing opinions, and as a consequence, a divergence in the way we live our lives.

I also think that I have experienced a lot more of life, and so the way that they see things and think about things is pretty naive. I don't know how to relate to people that don't think on the same level as me. It's not like I want to cut them out of my life, but i don't see myself doing more than just partying with them. Don't get me wrong, they are intelligent girls, all go to college at least, but I'm just becoming so different than them. One of my favourite things is to just sit down and have coffee and meaningful conversion.. Man i'm just craving that. And it's something I just can't do with them anymore.... AhHHHH... This must be boring as hell to read...

Anyway, my emotional loneliness cause of a lack of ppl that actually understand my thoughts and the way I feel and think on the same level. Despite having friends, i'm just not fullfilled.

I know that this is a late reply, but I am hoping that you will still read it.  I am almost sure that I know exactly how you feel.  For the past few years, I have been feeling very distant from my friends.  We'd have fun spending time together, but the connection that was once there was completely lost.  The older I get, the more I feel that I need to break away.  It may sound harsh, but I feel that I am growing up while they are growing down.  I am still a junior in high school, but I have set plans for my future, and I am a very focused and driven person when it comes to school.  I appear as a "nerd" to them, and they appear as immature people to me.  I have become very interested in politics and would love to have a debate with someone or talk about current issues in the world.  I cannot do that with my friends, as they are still interested in topics that I was interested in when I was in first grade--sad, but true.  I keep having this feeling in my heart that I am meant to find people that I can connect with, but my search has been unsuccessful and leaving me feeling lonely and left out of the world.

To cut the rambling--I know what it is like, trust me.  It is not a comfortable feeling to want to move on from the friends that you have known for different people.  It nearly makes you feel that it is your fault, at least that is what it does to me.  I can tell you that it is completely natural.  People change like the seasons, which is not anyone's fault.  Maybe try going to a book store or even a café.  I can say that finding new people to talk to will not be easy, especially if you are shy, but you must try.  You don't have to lose the friends that you already have, but I think that you have reached the time in your life where new and different people are going to be let in.

I can relate to this topic!
In what way do you feel you are above your friends? Have you moved around a lot, or are you just more career focused than they are, or what's your story? I'm interested.

Latest posts

Back