I come in peace.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Caesium

Hello, users of A Lonely Life. I come in peace.

A bit about me. My name is Something Something, but you can call me Caesium (yeah, I know it's unoriginal, but it's all I could think of while I was filling out the registration form. I don't even like chemistry). I'm 17 years old..from England, but I've spent most of my life out of the country (parents work for foreign companies). Right now I am in a country in Europe where I don't speak the native language (so going outside and 'chilling' with the locals is harder. Not that I ever went out when I was in England though...over protective parents. Thankfully...they're loosening the noose. I guess they're starting to worry about me and just want me to be more social somehow). I go to an international school here, which has around 1000 pupils (mostly American and British). Since I've started school, I've been in 10 different schools, in 4 countries.

I don't like school much. It's tedious, soul-destroying, and seemingly pointless. However, I don't want to be a high-school drop-out, and I always do well on tests, so once I'm done with this High School honeysuckle I'll probably go back to England and study computer science at university.

I don't know what I'll do after that though. I'm tempted to just move to some far-away country, live in a small house by the sea, and work from home via the internet or something.

On to my problems. I'm an ultra-geek. After I come home from school everyday, the first thing I do is go online and just mess around on the computer. I program, I hack, and then I program some more. I spend ages tweaking my network to make make it more secure than Fort Knox, and am constantly on the look out for new machines to connect. Computers are really my life.

I don't have any friends in 'real-life' at the moment. At my last school I only had two friends, a fellow computer-programmer and an intern who worked on the yearbook. I just don't really relate to the average high-school in my school. They seem to talk about such mundane, stupid things. Their idea of a good conversation is talking about how much they messed and got drunk at the nightclubs over the weekend. I have a few friends online though, but most of them have now started to get social lives, so they're not online as much anymore.

I've never really had many friends.

Sometimes, all I can really think or talk about are computers. This makes conversations with me quite tedious. Example: I plucked up the courage (spurred on by one of my online-friends) to message a girl from my school that I liked on Facebook. I ended up talking about how the progression of scientific advances follows an exponential rather than a linear curve - **** I was stupid. I think I managed to save the conversation somewhat by bringing it back down to the Jonas Brothers, which is all that my conversation partner seemed to be interested in. Unfortunately, the damage had been done - to her I am now just a freak)

I'm in my late teens and have never had a girlfriend, never kissed or hugged a girl (who wasn't family - the hugging I mean), never been to a party (never been invited and I have no clue where they are. Besides, if I went I'd probably be too shy to talk to anyone)

I'm grateful however, for all the things that I do have in life - a comfortable home, food, schooling, good health. I'm well aware that there are many millions, if not billions of people in this world who do not have those things.

I think lots of people also misinterpret my shyness as anti-social behaviour.

The only times that girls ever notice me are when they need help with their schoolwork or computers. I help them of course, in the hope that I will someday get something back. But no.

Maybe this introduction will also be more interesting if I tell you a bit more about what I like. regarding movies, I'll watch pretty much anything except romantic comedies. I like movies that make me think, or show other cultures different from my own. Some movie that I've watched recently that I liked a lot are:
Full Metal Jacket, Apocalypse Now, American History X, The Straight Story, The Matrix, This is Spinal Tap, Zoolander, Hackers, Two-lane Blacktop, 28 Days Later, Vertigo, Psycho, The Shining, Easy Rider, Battle Royale, The Motorcycle Diaries, Zero Day, Elephant, Dancer in the Dark

My taste is music is just as eclectic as my taste in film. I listen to many different genres (except for hip-hop and rap). Sometimes I listen to heavy metal, sometimes I listen to french pop music. Some music that I've listened to recently:
KMFDM, American Head Charge, Beth Orton, Kansas, The Hollies, America, The Troggs, The Kinks, Placebo, Fiona Apple, Slipknot, Ryan Hunt (pinion), Pantera, Soundgarden, Stone Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Metallica, Slayer, Fleetwood Mac, Anthrax, The Carpenters, Nine Inch Nails, Killswitch Engage, Roger Waters, Pink Floyd, Mark Knopfler, Pixies, Elvis Costello, David Bowie, Beck, Jane Birkin, France Gall, Deftones, The Flaming Lips, Polysics, Björk

I've been lurking here for a few days here, and from what I've seen so far, there are some really nice people here. I think I'll stay here for quite a long time :)

PS: Sorry for the awful layout and structure of this post...I wrote it in several different sections at different times, because I didn't know how to start, so I just kinda...started typing to see what I would end up with.

Welcome to the ALL community. There are many nice people here. Hope you meet them real soon.

Hey something something :p

Welcome to the community :)

Welcome Something Something

Caesium said:
I think lots of people also misinterpret my shyness as anti-social behaviour.

That seems to be fairly common.

Thanks for the nice welcomes everybody, you guys are great. I love you all.

hello something something, is that the running joke of this thread or what!?!??

Caesium? whats that mean?'

dont worry about being shy! after high school and the restraints of popularity and upbeat just fall apart!
oh and.............welcome!

Naleena said:
Hey! Wuz up, Caesium?
Hi and welcome to the forum. This song is for you! David Bowie is great.

[youtube]LxoE2az9mJM[/youtube]

That was a really cool song, thanks. Very uplifting :)

Latest posts

Back