I Found a Baby Mouse!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jesse

Reaction score
:) I found a baby mouse who was abandoned by its mommy or it got lost. It's eyes were closed but it has fir so it's maybe nearly 2 weeks old. I've been feeding it warm milk in a dropper and on the palm of my hand for 3 days and today its eyes opened!! Now hes eating solid food! I'm so proud! He's my little buddy.

Aww how cute. Other than the disease ridden pee trails, that's a nice little pet to have.

It sounds to me like this little fellow needs a name. You should hold a "name the mouse" contest or something.

Haha, I've already named him DJ Larry Archibald. :)

And I've been very thoroughly clean handling him. Washing hands twice with two different soaps after handling.

Would it be rude and nasty if Pie were to ask you to put it in a blender and video it so Pie can see please.

PieBeNice said:
Would it be rude and nasty if Pie were to ask you to put it in a blender and video it so Pie can see please.

Well I've already grown attached to him, so no killing.

0630090118a.jpg

0630090118.jpg

Aww that's defiantely cute, I'd pet my monitor too but it wouldn't be the same as doing it in real life.

Years ago when I lived with my parents we used to get field mice in the house, I found one and fed it honey puffs which is a cereal for a while, then thought I probably shouldn't do that and let it go. Mice scare me but I was forever trying to save them from the cat, would be honeysuckle scared trying to pick them up to put them outside but I managed to do it for some. The sad mouse stories are when my Nanna killed one with a jandal in the toilet and when I found one squashed by the carpet, I have a fair idea that my brother in law killed it. Then there was a time when I looked down and one was on the floor with my dog looking guilty, it was dead.

He's adorable! He's not quite 2 weeks old. Maybe 1- 1 and a half. They start getting fur after 2-3 days. Make sure you feed him every cpl of hours and try to find some formula at the pet shop or vet (otherwise he won't get the vitamins he needs for energy and growth).
You need a heating pad too. If he gets cold for too long he will die. Find something you can set on top of it (half on and half off, so he can find a cool spot too). Turn it on low at night. And only need it every time you lay him in it during the day. Keep him well fed and he'll grow to love you. You can train him to do all sorts of things. Ride in your pocket, on your shoulder, even give you kisses.

Good luck and have fun. Here was the lil boy I raised at 2 days old.

0331081947-1.jpg

Here's about 2 weeks

LittlemanandMommy-1-1.jpg

Irishdoll said:
... he'll grow to love you. You can train him to do all sorts of things. Ride in your pocket, on your shoulder, even give you kisses.

I want one :D

Aww.. Soo tiny and cute! What are you gonna call him?

Now I want a mouse!
I've always had hamsters when I was a kid but my brothers hamster would alway end up killing mine :(

Aww sorry Sodium. :(

My mouse's name is DJ Larry Archibald :)

:( DJ Larry has somehow escaped his cage :( That or my aunt has thrown him out. I really don't see how he could have got out by himself and I know he was in there before I left for work.

Latest posts

Back