I hate my mother.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue

Reaction score
I hate her so much, I can't stand looking at her and listening to her voice.
I loved her, but she's been treating me like I'm some crazy guy ever since I dropped out of college and got this depression. She'd ask questions like a cop would when interrogating someone and I'm sick of it.

I want to be a good son, I want to love her, but she gets angry at me all the time, and I can tell that she's given up on me.
I want to run away, I want to kill her, I want to die.

( >___<)/ Dammmit !
What should I do?

She has not given up on you if she keeps asking you questions. She dose that cos she cares.

Sometimes its a pain in the ass when someone cares for you. They ask you questions your not comfortable answering.
But you know what this is what parents do. Good parents do anyway.

You should try and look at things from your mums side and see why she asks you questions. She dose not know what you get up to when she is not there. Shes only worried by the sounds of it.

Also if she is trying to talk to you then try talking back to her, Nicely. You may be surprised how much she would appreciate that.

Also try and remember that even tho you may not get on or even like the ppl that love you sometimes, They do still love you and there is very few ppl in the world that would put them self out for you like most mothers would. You only get one mum, look after her.

Yeah I can totally understand you, I hated my mother for a while it was a few things she said and what she did when I was a child. Over the years that has dissolved and I get on with her now, she doesn't know about me hating her and I wouldn't tell her either.

samba101 said:
Yeah I can totally understand you, I hated my mother for a while it was a few things she said and what she did when I was a child. Over the years that has dissolved and I get on with her now, she doesn't know about me hating her and I wouldn't tell her either.

Ye I think one important thing about growing up is to learn that your parents are not perfect and are boned to make mistakes just like me, you and every one else on the planet.

Learn to forgive your parents. Well as long as they did not beat you or abused you. And abuse dose not mean that they grounded you and sent you to bed with no supper one time lol

Well, do you have a job? Rents are dropping all over. Get free. Get control of your environment instead of it controlling you. You might be controlled by the job, but when you turn the key to your own place it's your domain.

Yeah, your mom isn't perfect. And she's asking you questions because she's only trying to find some solutions. She's probably wondering what happened to you. Maybe if you talked to her, and nicely like Bluey said, you'd be amazed at how much she could help. Believe me you, your mom is a smart cookie. Let her help you. It might do you both good.

Blue said:
I loved her, but she's been treating me like I'm some crazy guy ever since I dropped out of college and got this depression. She'd ask questions like a cop would when interrogating someone and I'm sick of it.

I want to be a good son, I want to love her, but she gets angry at me all the time, and I can tell that she's given up on me.

( >___<)/ Dammmit !
What should I do?

She is probably trying to understand you.
As a mother myself, i would do the same and im pretty **** certain that she is worried about you and as you are feeling crappy and low, you are reading more into it as her getting at you.
By her asking you and trying to understand you, that to me is what mothers do, and im betting she loves you dearly even though its driving you nutz.
Maybe try to talk to her rationaly without it ending in a fight, i know that is probably hard, but try it.
Ask her to just give you a bit of space and back off on the questions as you need to have some head space for a bit.
Honestly, she will respect you for being honest with her and not jumping down her neck.
Your her boy and at the end of the day, all she wants is what is best for you.
Remind her that you love her, and give her a hug, it will say an ocean of things that you maybe cant find the words for.

Blue said:

( >___<)/ Dammmit !
What should I do?

((((((((((((((((((((Blue)))))))))))))))))))) your mother is probabley feeling pretty powerless to help you right now. Sometimes people when they feel powerless act out in an angry way. The fact that she is acting this way imo means she hasn't given up on you. She may feel like she is in some pretty strange territory. It may be scary for her and some parents try to RULE thier children thinking that will solve the problem. Children never come with instruction booklets and niether do parents. Have you thought of going to a councellor or finding someone you can talk too?

Best thing to do is tell her what you're telling us.

Actually it may not be the best thing but it puts all the chips on the table and confronts the situation head on. Underneath all that anger, frustration is love for her son.

In the mean time try getting a job?

Pshh we all hate our mothers (insert smiley face).

Seriously though, probably a point in everyone's' lives where they hate their mothers, and if there isn't then well that's just not a functioning family in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back