I regret seeing the end of social distancing

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JJW said:
Myra said:
morrowrd said:
My 3 shadows

They're very cute :)

They look worried.  I'd be concerned.

Yeah, Molly is the one that looks worried - she's my rescue dog - nicknamed "Tip."  The pug is my oldest friend there, and the terrier's name (nick) is 'Baby.'  They hang out with me in my basement 'lair' so I throw mats down so they are comfortable.  The camera probably is what made Tip nervous.  Here's a better shot of all of us.

Attachments

• 3goodfriends.jpg
    3goodfriends.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 10
This is an interesting thread from roughly a year ago... I wonder how all these folks are doing? I can relate to the OP, especially the part about being a loner, as opposed to being lonely... I always had a few close friends, but when it came to society and the urban population in San Diego, I kinda felt like I was on the outside, looking in, and not particularly liking what I saw enough to want to join 'em, lol.   ;)

I'd walk the beach, but I'd do it on the southern half of the Silver Strand, where there were few people... some days I'd have it entirely to myself. I'd walk the golf course at night in Coronado, it was only a few short blocks from the ol' hacienda, and with no golfers present it was like one big waterfront park on the bay. Makes me wonder how many miles I racked up over the years...   :rolleyes:

Small craft sailing was another outlet: I'm not talking yachting with rich fucks, I'm talking Laser & Minifish sailing, which put that extra distance between me and the masses, lol. Now that I'm living in the high desert, I miss sailing---that's ALL I miss from Kalifornia---but there are so many wilderness areas a short distance from this high desert home of mine, I can still find all the solitude I want.   :)

When I first moved to Arizona about 5 years ago, I bought a home on the outskirts of Show Low, and the trailhead for some incredible dirt biking was literally two minutes from my door. I was one of 'the forest people'---or so a Native American told me. Man, I loved riding into that wilderness, riding for MILES & MILES and never seeing another person, just bountiful wildlife and magnificent scenery. ******* awesome!!!   :cool: 

FrankenBike & Pit Bike Thread 

Edit: There's a link to some riding videos shot during my two years in Show Low and the White Mountains of Arizona. Scroll down to Post #566 to see the short videos, they'll give ya a sense of the freedom from 'civilization' and all it entails, lol. Let's see, there are some cool forest shots on Page 31, Post #609 and onward, and some shots from back in Dago on Page 6, Post #112 and onward, riding on Otay Mountain and looking into Baja (Tijuana smog below thrown in at no additional charge, lol). I only mention those Dago shots for comparison to the forest shots, lol. Hey, Finished, if you see this post, check out those riding videos, you'll get a laugh out of 'em!!! Lol, I'd ride with bear spray on my belt and a ******* Glock in a "Tuco Sling" rigged for easy (and quick) access, lol. Never knew when ya might encounter serious critters with bad attitudes... not the four-legged kind, no worries about them, lol. Meh, never had any problem, but I'm the kinda guy who likes to be prepared, aye?   :D 

Further edit: Forgot to mention that the cheesedick Hero Cam made foot-deep ruts look like little wrinkles in the dirt, while grapefruit-sized rocks looked like little pebbles, lol. One more reason why I donated that camera to some good skateboarders & BMX riders in the White Mountains, I reckoned they would get better use out of the Hero Cam while riding on their ramps and riding at the skatepark. All that editing was a major ******* hassle too, and I'm not overly fond of Big Tech.   :club:

I was reliving some of those excellent rides and one link kicked out further videos I made while I was living as one of 'the forest people' in the White Mountains. Dunno where the rest of these 'Recon' videos are, but Finished, you'll like this short video of Big Lake over on the eastern end of the range... beautiful location, up at 9000' elevation too. Sailing in the summer, plenty of snow in the winter, lol. If I ever get the money, I'd like to go back up there and buy property on the eastern end of the range, it's so peaceful and quiet up there... plus you have the Elk Mountains right across the state line in New Mexico, and they rise to 13000' or so. Appropriately named too, though there are shitloads of elk in the White Mountains of Arizona, I used to see 'em while riding my FrankenBike & pit bike, lol.  :)

[video=vimeo]

^ Yep. I've been all up and around that area many times. I fished many of the different lakes up there lots of times too. I had a small inflatable boat. I would set it in Big Lake and let the wind push me wherever it wanted to. If the wind was strong I would tie a heavy tree branch onto a rope and use it like a partial anchor. When I got to the other side I would deflate it, leave the branch, hike back to the other, and do it all over again. I've also 4X4'd just about every dirt road and trail I could around there. I'd find a nice place to camp and then go for long hikes too. Several people have gone missing up there. I've seen many missing hiker signs as I walked the paths. I assume some of the fearless bears got to them. But, one never knows. It's a nice area. But, it has heavily burned several times in recent years. So, it's not quite as nice as it used to be. Lots of dead trees falling can sure spoil a trip especially if one happens to choose to fall on you.

A little further south it's better treed such as around Hannagan Meadows. A few years back the area was closed. So, I got to enjoy it all to myself. I hiked into the Black River near the Indian Res, maybe a little over, and got some nice pink rainbows, which surprised me. However, the bears also knew the area was closed and were quite prolific. I walked straight through a large grouping of them with fish in tow. I'm sure glad they were just scared enough of me not to come investigate my catch. :)

I assume much of that area is over-run with people now. But, around winter time it's probably still quite and secluded. One just has to be prepared that the forest law dogs shut down just about every **** road now. It's easier for them to shut down all forest access in the winter so that's what they do even if the roads are passable.

I think my timing might have been good when I lived there, I did notice that the real estate market was hot when I left, too many people buying up property there in the White Mountains. Meh, I'm just glad I had two good years there, those were great for decompressing from life on the overcrowded coast, lol. I found a few more videos, but I can only post one at a time... here goes, I still miss the FREEDOM up there, but maybe I actually have more freedom down here in Cochise County. Hmm, what to post first? Check out this ultra-short clip of my tricked-out mini after a mud-bogging session, lol...

[video=vimeo] 

Edit: That carbon fiber can is ******* ridiculously-over-the-top, lol... with that Piranha 140cc motor I dropped into the bike, the thing was a BEAST!!! Hey, that aluminum swingarm cost over $200, lol... and it was worth every penny, same goes for all the other mods I made to that bike. My little offroad rocket... I sure miss that bike, it was the most fun I've had with my clothes on in a LONNNNG TIME!!!   ;)

Here's the road leading up to Big Lake, the other route was closed at the time:

[video=vimeo]

Skirting the White Mountains to the north, running US60 to Springerville & Eagar during "rush hour!"

[video=vimeo]

For some reason, ya can't hear that bad boy .45-70 lever-action rifle blasting, I guess the cheesedick Hero Cam had some sorta 'noise canceling' feature, pfffft. That little outdoor range in 'cedar country' was about 20 minutes from my forest home... I'd go there to blast honeysuckle, lol. I once shot the hell out of an old desktop computer that gave me grief over the years... it was like THERAPY, lol.   ;)

[video=vimeo]

Another firing video...

[video=vimeo]

Hmm, here's when I first took my adult BMX bike (26" wheels) to Show Low Skatepark... I had just assembled the bike after it was shipped to me, so I was being conservative, lol. As the title implies, I was 55 years old when this video was made, pretty sure I was the oldest guy at the park every time I went, whether I was riding a bike or a board, lol. The park wasn't like Kalifornia skateparks in the '70s & '80s, those had heller vertical, but this little park was fun to ride, it was also free and open 24/7 (lit at night). Could've been worse, could've had no skatepark at all, lol. 

[video=vimeo] 

Time to go mack, I'm done thread-jacking for the day, lol... just thought you & others would appreciate the freedom in those videos. Cheers!  :cool:

Yeah don't think it will ever end for me it has been scarred into my brain not to get to close to people.People still give a wide birth around others on pavements,or wait for others to pass in shops even kids though some just think all back to normal.About 80 % still wearing masks same here i don't wanna catch it think it last years here because its still around.Still remember family members describing how ill they were including how sick the wife was.Even though she didn't have classic symptoms I've only ever seen her that ill about twenty years ago no way it was coincidence.Anyway doesn't bother me just got used to it.But customers getting to close can wind me up and at a carboots had a geezer invade my personal space so I told him so.But I've forgotten too when lifting heavy stuff for the ladies into their arms at carboots should just leave them to it but politeness kicks in but forgot until afterwards how close I was.But outside our kids school it is mayhem parents just mix together but I stay back and well out of the mele.Thing that clinched it for me was a local journalist describing how ill he was for two weeks recently even his favorite wine tasted like rust.He caught it after the Euros when England could have one the football and hugging all the rage again when England scored.Wonder if others still social distance in other countries....

Back on subject though..nothing beats the views down the multi coloured green valleys of surrey looking down from a high point just breathtaking,cant get enough of it.Maybe getting old lol just happy with the wife ,a nice flat white and bacon sarnie chilling taking in the views.Quite happy just the two of us ,though occasionally the kids but we were both introverted when we met and that never leaves you no matter how many friends you make in life.

I want COVID and all the misery that's come with it, to end.

But I'm not looking forward to a return to the demanding, fast-paced world. At least there was a little bit more understanding during the pandemic, than there was before.

So that greedy little tick Fauci, a paid tool of the Democrats, decries the gathering at Sturgis yet makes NO MENTION of Nobama's party or the Lollapalooza festival in Chicago, PFFFFFFT.  

I guess that means it's okay for Democratic Party scumbags to gather in large groups... same goes for folks who live in Dem-controlled shitholes like Chicago... but God forbid those BIKERS should gather at Sturgis!!! Lol, the hoax-related hypocrisy continues... 

The REAL VIRUS: globalist-owned lamestream media, bought & sold political scum and their paid friggin' tools.   :club:

^ Agreed. Keep people fearful and confused. Then you can do anything to them.

iu

We are your friends. Don't run. Ha! ha!

^ Maybe, maybe not. Schools and other entities are so well trained that they are breaking from governor's executive orders and state laws to do as Fauci says. I'd love to ignore many of the extremely stupid laws and orders. But, powerless individuals get hammered. I'm seeing a large percentage of people wearing masks out in public now too. But, to be honest I like everybody else wearing masks. It helps to keep them from spreading their germs around. However, I like to lick my hands before I go out and then touch as many things as I can. Ha! Ha!

I didn't mind lockdown at all. Of course, I live in the boondocks so I was able to go out into nature anytime I wanted while those in the cities were stuck in their 500m2 apartment  :p
I don't mind the mask at all. If I only see half of people's faces I only get half sick of them  :D
I DO want social distancing, the further away from me the better :p

Latest posts

Back