I'm a new guy here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

constant stranger

Reaction score
I do not come to this forum in crisis, but rather in a state of monotonous gloom. I'm functional: a caregiver of my 89 yr old widowed mother; a steward of our rural property; an active member of my church; an active volunteer with the county cooperative extension service; a middle aged bachelor with no close friends (none for years) and in early, planned retirement.

Not in crisis, but seemingly embedded in a daily, weekly, monthly, monotonous grind of joyless duties. Is this as good as it gets? I haven't pursued a relationship with a lady since I was 30, and that was 25 yrs ago.....I told myself that I'd given up on aspiring to happiness and settled for contentment, but that's turned into a spirit numbing cycle of one year after another of drab chores and one logistical task after another.

So I've come here to ventilate some feelings and musings. I'm not looking for answers from anyone, but would be most interested in engaging in the dialogue. I hope I can contribute a few relevant comments.

Hey welcome, hope you can break up some of that monotonous gloom while here. :D

Welcome! There are some really great people on this site. Hope you enjoy your stay :)

Welcome to the site. I hope you find something worthwhile here. And if you're interested, come drop by the chat room sometime :)

mintymint said:
Welcome to the site. I hope you find something worthwhile here. And if you're interested, come drop by the chat room sometime :)

Actually, I am interested in the chat room and tried to attach a picture, but I'm afraid that I don't yet know what a 'remote URL' is. Embarrassing. Browsing my pictures or documents has worked on other sites but I seem stymied here, so far, in the posting pics thing.

I feel I must return my welcoming here, hello Constant Stranger!

Unfortunately my great lack of knowledge with computer stuff unables me to help you there, sorry about that

constant stranger said:
Browsing my pictures or documents has worked on other sites but I seem stymied here, so far, in the posting pics thing.

Are you trying to post the pics directly from your computer files, or a hosting site, like Photobucket? You can't post them from your computer, if you're attempting to.

If you use Photobucket, for example....

Select the photo you want to post here. It will give you four link options. Choose "direct link" and copy the link. Then, when you make a post, look up on he tool bar and you will see the icon for posting pics (looks like a tiny pic of mountains and a sun). Hover over the icon and it will say "insert image." Click that and a box will open. Delete the "http://" and paste the entire link you copied from photobucket nd click OK. It should paste a good link into your post.
I hope this helps.

EveWasFramed said:
constant stranger said:
Browsing my pictures or documents has worked on other sites but I seem stymied here, so far, in the posting pics thing.

Are you trying to post the pics directly from your computer files, or a hosting site, like Photobucket? You can't post them from your computer, if you're attempting to.

If you use Photobucket, for example....

Select the photo you want to post here. It will give you four link options. Choose "direct link" and copy the link. Then, when you make a post, look up on he tool bar and you will see the icon for posting pics (looks like a tiny pic of mountains and a sun). Hover over the icon and it will say "insert image." Click that and a box will open. Delete the "http://" and paste the entire link you copied from photobucket nd click OK. It should paste a good link into your post.
I hope this helps.
Thank you! That's the information I was hoping to discover! Photobucket is new to me too but your help gives me a place to work from.:cool:

Latest posts

Back