I'm bi-polar

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WallflowerGirl83

I'm bi-polar and disabled, I'm in bad shape right now. I try to get out of the house to make friends but a lot of the people that's my age has moved out of town and this has depressed me. During the day I keep myself busy, I love abstract art, I watch anime and movies, I exercise and keep myself healthy.

The one thing that depresses me though is that I don't have many people to talk too anymore, I've added them on Skype but a lot of them are away a lot of time and this kinda disappoints me. I'm wondering if anyone would like to talk to me on here, through Skype or through PM. I'm really Depressed here and not many people contact me anymore. It would make me happy if I had a few people to talk too during the day. Is there anyone out there, that would like to talk to me?

My late oldest brother Jon suffered Bipolar, but he differed from you because he stayed inside the house rather than going out. His having occasional agoraphobia problems accounted for that.

The Internet is fickle when it comes to maintaining friends, for they come and go surely as night follows day. It cannot be entirely relied on.

My reticence to talk to you is not personal. It's because I find talking on messenger so draining, for it requires quick thinking and after a while, I just - stop. This is because I have chronic fatigue syndrome.

Your making an effort leaving your house still means you have the freedom, for even though your loneliness is acute from your friends moving away, still you can visit art galleries and libraries, stopping off at a tea house for nice pot of your favourite brew. I've found conversation easier to start when one is relaxed, sipping tea in such places. Even if it's a returned smile or an exchange of appreciation for the tea your opposite table person is enjoying. It's small conversation like this which often is the most rewarding.

Somewhere else on the forum I read your wanting to leave ALL. If you did, that would only make you feel more lonely. I hope you stay because you are a special part of us. :)

Anna

Mouse said:
My late oldest brother Jon suffered Bipolar, but he differed from you because he stayed inside the house rather than going out. His having occasional agoraphobia problems accounted for that.

The Internet is fickle when it comes to maintaining friends, for they come and go surely as night follows day. It cannot be entirely relied on.

My reticence to talk to you is not personal. It's because I find talking on messenger so draining, for it requires quick thinking and after a while, I just - stop. This is because I have chronic fatigue syndrome.

Your making an effort leaving your house still means you have the freedom, for even though your loneliness is acute from your friends moving away, still you can visit art galleries and libraries, stopping off at a tea house for nice pot of your favourite brew. I've found conversation easier to start when one is relaxed, sipping tea in such places. Even if it's a returned smile or an exchange of appreciation for the tea your opposite table person is enjoying. It's small conversation like this which often is the most rewarding.

Somewhere else on the forum I read your wanting to leave ALL. If you did, that would only make you feel more lonely. I hope you stay because you are a special part of us. :)

Anna
Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it a lot. The only reason why I wanted to leave is cause I feel like me being is here is not important but I guess your right, if I did leave I would be even more lonely so maybe I should stay. As for going out, I ride my bike, I swim in my pool and I go to the beach when it's warm out. I live in Florida and we have short winter's here. It's already starting to get warmer out and my depression is getting better, I just wish I had more people to talk to on the net to fill in those empty spaces during the day.

Hey! I have 35+ plus years of experience with mental illness - my father is bi-polar, he got sick in 1980. I've spent most of my life dealing with his illness, trying to understand and learn from it and seeing his struggles first-hand. If you ever want someone to chat with, a friend who can empathize and would never judge you, give me a shout.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling in this way but I understand. :/ *hugs* It's good and healthy that you are going outside from your home from time to time. Our minds and bodies need that. As you know, I have been really busy with my current job, I don't have much of time for anything really, not even taking care of myself enough. So it's nothing personal to you. :( Also I am now living in the another place for few weeks because the job is in different locations, so much hassle, LOL. I'm sorry some of your friends have disappeared just like that... I think some people have had some problems or busy lives in general and they somehow sadly forgot the new friends they have made and when their lives go back to normal, they might feel shy to contact again? I don't know, I am only guessing. Whatever their reasons are, I don't think anyone of them hates you or anything. I hope you will feel better soon!!

It makes me sad to hear your story, WallflowerGirl83. These things can feel terrible, I know. Especially when everything comes together and you feel like left behind in a way. I think to stay here is a reasonable thing to do for you and I would as well. It can only help. We are all humans, black or white, disabled or not, healthy or chronically ill and the only thing we can do is to stick together and to try to make the best of it, of our lives. So I wish you good luck here and with your other friends as well. You will see things will go better again soon.
Chin up!

I can only hope you're feeling better now. I only wanted to say that you seem really lovely and I suppose it would be great to know you better and share a piece of life with you as a friend. However, for me and probably quite a few others the distance may be a serious obstacle. Personally, I find it hard to keep and nurture an online friendship. Having the opportunity to meet someone in person and to do something together seems crucial. It's just the way I am constructed :)

I wouldn't mind having an email friendship with you-we probably live too far apart to make meeting up possible. If you would like a new cyberpal, pm me and we could take it from there.

I'm bipolar,and there are times i feel the same as you. Even just getting out for walk can help. If you love art, maybe there's a gallery somewhere you could volunteer?

Bipolar for 30+ years here. I like Tiinas suggestion. Many galleries could use volunteers, or if you feel up to it, teach. I volunteer at a museum and nature preserve. Helps keep me busy, and I learn things. It keeps me motivated.

I've been bi-polar since age 3. I'm also disabled due to having anxiety/panic attacks daily because I'm so emotionally strung out. I got married and moved away from everything I know to be with her and she's ungrateful for it as her days revolve around watching stupid buzzfeed videos,listening to country music. When we were dating it was NOTHING like that we would watch T.V.,Play video games and have a good amount of sex but after the day we married that all stopped. If I wasn't so spine-less I would learn to drive,get a job,leave her and go back home. Sure I'd still be miserable but at least I would be in an area I knew well.

Latest posts

Back