I'm not attracted to my girlfriend who I live with

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't do it, you need to straighten things up with the girl you are with. I had a friend who went through something similar, worse off she was married though and her husband went off to meet another woman. It tore her apart and made her very bitter and angry towards him. You need to get your house in order before you start pursuing other women no matter what your partner may have done or treated you. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sci-Fi said:
Don't do it, you need to straighten things up with the girl you are with.  I had a friend who went through something similar, worse off she was married though and her husband went off to meet another woman.  It tore her apart and made her very bitter and angry towards him.  You need to get your house in order before you start pursuing other women no matter what your partner may have done or treated you.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

This ^^^^ And obviously at one point, you were happy. At least give her the respect she deserves (despite the issues between you) and break off the relationship properly by TALKING to her - don't be a jerk and sneak behind her back with other women. Be a man.

I've had similar problems until I tried sildenafil, it boosted my confidence and magically cured depression. You probably never thought that problems are not in relationship? Anyway I got it from *Link removed*

Terry94 said:
For a while now I've realised I'm stating to lose feelings for my girlfriend, I care about her but I don't find her sexually attractive anymore and I feel awkward kissing her now. Trouble is I live with her and I have no other friends or family so I would be homeless as the flat is in her name. We have almost broke up a couple times but she threated to kill herself including one time taking about 10 tablets to overdose. I'm now at the point where I'm trying to get her to dump me. I want a change, I don't want to be in a relationship anymore, ideally I would like to pursue other women. Behind her back I message and flirt with women but I haven't cheated (slept with anyone) I'm really unsure what to do. any advice would be ideal.

This very bad situation and it is hard under described circumstances to tell you anything... Maybe your idea about dumping is really best solution.

I know I answer late, but...
Reread the first post by Richard_39.
Don't cheat on anyone, not the one you have now, not anyone later. If that is what you want, then leave her and then go hook up with these other ones, but be open about the situation. You don't want to get potentially nasty people after you if they find out on their own afterwards.
If she doesn't agree to some kind of help for the death threats, then leave her. As is already said, it won't get better. That'll wrap it up for what I have to say at the moment.

Terry94 said:
For a while now I've realised I'm stating to lose feelings for my girlfriend, I care about her but I don't find her sexually attractive anymore and I feel awkward kissing her now. Trouble is I live with her and I have no other friends or family so I would be homeless as the flat is in her name. We have almost broke up a couple times but she threated to kill herself including one time taking about 10 tablets to overdose. I'm now at the point where I'm trying to get her to dump me. I want a change, I don't want to be in a relationship anymore, ideally I would like to pursue other women. Behind her back I message and flirt with women but I haven't cheated (slept with anyone) I'm really unsure what to do. any advice would be ideal.

If she is suicidal .. you are in danger.

People that are willing to take their life ... can find it very easy to take your life. She is using emotional blackmail on you.

I just need to find a new place of your own. Can you rent a 'room' somewhere?

You need to put your plan into place, secure a little place and then wait until she goes to work to move your stuff out of there.

Do not tell her in advance or confront her - she is unstable. Leave her a goodbye letter - but no forwarding address and block her from SM and your phone. GHOST.

Becka said:
If she is suicidal .. you are in danger.

People that are willing to take their life ... can find it very easy to take your life. She is using emotional blackmail on you.

That is NOT true.  Perhaps it is with a few, but definitely not the majority.

Latest posts

Back