I'm really sick of trolls

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone.

I understand that "Trolling" occurs on forums, but maybe we should take into consideration the nature of the forums that it occurs in. This forum is dedicated to people suffering from various mental and social problems. It's not as easy for some members here to simply just ignore "Trolling".

It's very easy to take things the wrong way online. The net doesn't contain emotional content itself, only the people banging away at the keys can provide that. If a friend and I are sitting in McDonald's having a burger and in jest, he calls me "Pencil Dick", I can tell if he is serious or not by having the advantage of seeing his facial features and body language which tells me if he is serious or not.

I've said before. This may be the internet, but it's real people with real feelings typing from the other end of the wire. People online get hurt
just like people irl do. Not everyone can just flick a switch and pretend that aren't hurt by other members.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if some members at one time or another, cry themselves to sleep due to being hurt by another member's conduct online. The net in this aspect, serves as a vehicle to convey your thoughts and feelings. Things said and done online have real power. Simply just brushing it off isn't so easy for some.

IgnoredOne said:
Sci-Fi said:
My god your idiocy continues to grow, bullies are NOT being playful. Yeah the bully who approached me in the locker room with his dick in his had was being playful. fresia YOU! Obviously you were/are one of those bullies since you defend them. You are so thick headed and want to sit here and insult everyone and blame us for the tortures we have endured THAT WE NEVER ASKED FOR!!

Remember, girls also get raped only because it was their fault, too.

lol...

and people who are robbed should not have had that nice TV sitting out in plain view now should they?

Just because someone has to take preventative measures, does not mean that being robbed or raped or trolled or bullied is their fault.

The person in the wrong is the bully, they are doing the wrong act.

The behaviors the victim might exhibit, niceness, not being assertive, only serve as an invitation to people who have that sort of personality because they feel they can get away with it.

Here are some quotes:

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's wrong is to get caught." ~J.C. Watts

"We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.” -Paulo Coelh

"Be tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these. " -George Washington Carver

This forum is way too pc and overly sensitive, imho. Recently I made an innocuous post in "Success Stories & Positive Experiences" section. Someone posted a "success story" entitled "Engaged." The thread starter said they discovered someone from this forum in chat and now a few months later they are engaged. everyone in the thread as often on this forum posted what they thought the author wanted to hear. I asked a simple question if the author actually meet the fiancée in real life and how many times, because if they didn't, it could end up as a disaster. The mods deleted it, of course, because this forum has an ethos that tends toward coddling not saying what needs to be said, even if it is not hostile. So in this case, forumers here are cheerleading mindlessly(once again) a situation they have no clue about it. Most people in our society have this false notion that in marriage partner they could find a lover, best friend, soul-mate,and someone to be happy together forever and when they don't find that, which is most often they split up. Since this is the dominant notion of marriage, I don't see how you can ever determine that from internet especially, leaving aside that the dominant goal of marriage is so utopian as to be unobtainable. Since I am from a different background(rural Greek peasants) where marriage was about producing a stable family and you stayed married no matter what, I don't buy the American and N. European notions conception of marriage based on the romantic movement and other trends.

Anyway, Skorian, who is being attacked by many people here is one of the best posters in this forum. Mindless ass kissing is not what people need, alot of the people here are so unrealistic, they cannot give good advice. For example I listened to an audio-book called Disciplined Minds: A Critical Look at Salaried Professionals and the Soul-battering System That Shapes Their Lives, and now am listening to Power and Powerlessness. In the first work, the author cited statistics that show that professional workers tend to have better health than the working class due to their larger autonomy and power in the workforce, so they feel more in control of their lives. Whereas the working class tends to feel more slighted and powerless. This is the problem of so many forumers in here! But all the politically correct panderers don't even see it. For example in one thread someone asked that will think less of them of them because they file for disability because of mental illness and I told them that relatively, yes most will. Personally I don't think like that, to me the richer you are, the more criminal, but in the dominant society with the widespread circulation of social darwinism if you make less income, none or on government dole, people will look down on you. What does it do to create a false environment or make-believe on this forum, only to better people crush them when they log off? So many people here log in to say they are losers because of their experiences and frustration in the workplace or at school, their lack of autonomy, their perceived low position. Giving false encouragement online is a useless pallative for such folk. They need solidarity with other workers and students outside the institutional paradigm to counterbalance their lack of social power in that space.

actually Thrasy most of us know Spare quite well and know what has been going on in his life. Don't assume we don't know stuff, we do.

o_O

if this forum is too PC and "overly sensitive" then just leave and find a different forum that is more to your tastes.

I think you and everyone else are totally mistaken on your make-believe internet friends meme. I know this guy who lives 40 minutes from me I have mentioned before. Recently he has been very heavily victimized by mental health with lithium and electroshock. Even on the phone initially he tried to convince how fine he was doing from this treatment. But his fiction of "interiority and commentary"* collapsed easily on the phone from cues not available via the net.

But so many here want to maintain a fiction of how well you can know someone via the net, simply because it is all they have, online friends. But I could portray for example, myself as a successful businessmen on the net, if I were so inclined, but I am not, infact I hate those who choose wealth and personal accumulation over and against the rest of society.

* According to David Smail, a dissident, social materialist psychologist, since his field ignores totally social context they reduce all problems to problems in the interiority of a patient and commentary(how a person justifies internally their social context in the world).

I don't know you who you are, but saying this forum is too "PC" and "Oversensitive" is simply just wrong. This forum is for people who are suffering from various afflictions. Some very serious. You may notice that the title of the forum? Last time I checked, it didn't say, "PC & Oversensitive Forums".

I don't mean to sound rude, but people like you really piss me off. If you took the time to read most of the posts here you would notice that everyone here is compassionate and pretty **** smart when it comes to helping other members with some very painful afflictions, and are eager to help you get through your pain.

The members here treat me with respect, and have been a great deal of help to me in my life. If we are too "PC" and "Oversensitive" for you, then take a hike and join a forum where your opinions might actually do some good.

Thrasymachus said:
But so many here want to maintain a fiction of how well you can know someone via the net, simply because it is all they have, online friends. But I could portray, for example myself as a successful businessmen on the net, if I were so inclined, but I am not, infact I hate those who choose wealth and personal accumulation over and against the rest of society.

And you would fail. There's a reason why I can talk about things while others often try to fake the same but can't; there's an entire level of experience from actually doing something that you cannot portray without intimate knowledge. But yes, please use your Fed Ex experience as much as you use.

Thrasymachus said:
This forum is way too pc and overly sensitive, imho. Recently I made an innocuous post in "Success Stories & Positive Experiences" section. Someone posted a "success story" entitled "Engaged." The thread starter said they discovered someone from this forum in chat and now a few months later they are engaged. everyone in the thread as often on this forum posted what they thought the author wanted to hear. I asked a simple question if the author actually meet the fiancée in real life and how many times, because if they didn't, it could end up as a disaster. The mods deleted it, of course, because this forum has an ethos that tends toward coddling not saying what needs to be said, even if it is not hostile. So in this case, forumers here are cheerleading mindlessly(once again) a situation they have no clue about it. Most people in our society have this false notion that in marriage partner they could find a lover, best friend, soul-mate,and someone to be happy together forever and when they don't find that, which is most often they split up. Since this is the dominant notion of marriage, I don't see how you can ever determine that from internet especially, leaving aside that the dominant goal of marriage is so utopian as to be unobtainable. Since I am from a different background(rural Greek peasants) where marriage was about producing a stable family and you stayed married no matter what, I don't buy the American and N. European notions conception of marriage based on the romantic movement and other trends.

Anyway, Skorian, who is being attacked by many people here is one of the best posters in this forum. Mindless ass kissing is not what people need, alot of the people here are so unrealistic, they cannot give good advice. For example I listened to an audio-book called Disciplined Minds: A Critical Look at Salaried Professionals and the Soul-battering System That Shapes Their Lives, and now am listening to Power and Powerlessness. In the first work, the author cited statistics that show that professional workers tend to have better health than the working class due to their larger autonomy and power in the workforce, so they feel more in control of their lives. Whereas the working class tends to feel more slighted and powerless. This is the problem of so many forumers in here! But all the politically correct panderers don't even see it. For example in one thread someone asked that will think less of them of them because they file for disability because of mental illness and I told them that relatively, yes most will. Personally I don't think like that, to me the richer you are, the more criminal, but in the dominant society with the widespread circulation of social darwinism if you make less income, none or on government dole, people will look down on you. What does it do to create a false environment or make-believe on this forum, only to better people crush them when they log off? So many people here log in to say they are losers because of their experiences and frustration in the workplace or at school, their lack of autonomy, their perceived low position. Giving false encouragement online is a useless pallative for such folk. They need solidarity with other workers and students outside the institutional paradigm to counterbalance their lack of social power in that space.

I see why you like Skorian so much. Cos you have something similar. being overly confident by your judgement. You don't know everyone that well and to assume things is plainly arrogant of you, specially on this site where most people post nice things because most genuinely care. We are not dumb mindless people. We know when to agree or disagree, we know when to appreciate or reprimand. and this time, most people are disagreeing with skorian. You can't possibly say it's ALL our fault.

If there's any advice, I think, you and skorian could both gain a lot from, is that to NOT BE TOO OVERLY CONFIDENT BY YOUR OWN JUDGEMENT SPECIALLY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE. leave room of errors for yourselves, cos you never know, you're trapped in your twisted ideas about things cos you are too focused on believing everyone deserves to be treated like honeysuckle, just cos you did.

Don't assume too much and don't judge, cos you'd only make yourself look silly. And do you want to know why I am this mad? how dare you diss down a thread that was meant to inspire people and give people hope or at least happy thoughts, when you obviously made your judgment a little too quick without even bothering to know the OP. At least you could be happy for them. Being overly judgmental is not showing care. it shows how good and righteous you think of yourself that you can easily assume things about people. If you really cared, you'd at least have the decency to contact the OP in private, not that he has the need to explain things to you.

If this forum is too wooglymushy for you, go find one that is full of hate.

IgnoredOne, you are total hypocrite. Why should we sympathize with someone like you who sucks up to corporations, joins ass-kissing management groups, like you to make as much money possible, against the rest of society? Don't you feel like a hypocrite to write in threads to a person inquiring about if applying disability makes them a failure that "No, it does not," or having a sig talking about "gentlemen"?

IgnoredOne, you are good proof of the fiction of knowing people online. You cannot even maintain consist values online, in real life you would betray even more from your countenance and tone. From reading your posts I can tell you are very externally oriented and buy into the Darwinian fictions of the rich(who themselves live funnily enough as social parasites from the backs of the vast working class).

In my homeland, one Greek teenager died, all of Athens erupted in 2008. In many of the overly capitalistic countries where English is most spoken corresponds too well where the most lonely people are because people choose the anti-social pursuit of money against the rest of their class. Because everyone is chasing after and competing against everyone else for money, the only places they have left to socialize are the places they can only be in because they paid to get in.

WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE STOP FEEDING INTO SKORIAN'S CRAP AND STOP POSTING TO HIS THOUGHTLESS INSENSITIVE POSTS? HE WILL THEN EITHER POST TO HIMSELF OR STOP THIS NONSENSE!

If you want to read what I wrote to him before, and see his answer to my post, it is below. How can he assume I wanted such horrible pain and being degraded so. He isn't me. I don't know how to quote just parts of what someone wrote, but I will make a thread on it and learn soon.

So, Skorian, I am not giving you the satisfaction of making any comments to your answer to me with your post.

I, Wishing Well, wrote to Skorian:
It seems to me, Skorian, that you disagree with, and tell everyone that is posting on this Thread the reason they are wrong for feeling the way they do.

I was in an abusive relationship for 6 years--VERBALLY, physically and even sexually. The physical part healed. The sexual part I know wasn't normal, but bothers me a little bit. However, the verbal and emotional pain caused me the most pain (and it is complicated why I didn't leave before that--and I believe that is my personal business and unless someone was me in that situation they wouldn't understand why). I am very sensitive when someone verbally hurts me. I don't believe being called names for any reason is something anyone has the right to do.

Skorian Wrote Back To Me:
I have a mother who it took me years of coaxing to leave my father. He would threaten violence for petty things. My mother tended to just sit there and blame things on everyone, but herself. If she had blamed herself in the right way, she probably would never have been in the relationship.

Some people like weird sexuality, it all ends up being a choice. Some people actually do like being called names. It can be hard to believe when you are very sensitive.

If something is terrible you should decide it is and leave the situation. The crux is that being sensitive is what causes people to be caught in these things in the first place.

There is something about the state it puts people into that they are indecisive. The only way you could really understand is to find a solution to why you are so sensitive and experience the difference. Is that likely to happen for you? Probably not, not unless you really take it upon yourself to start learning alot of things and look for answers yourself. Like studying biology yourself. I don't know if you are able, many aren't. There is nothing I can do to magically make you another person with different experiences.

People such as yourself are in a place where probably a ton of things hurt and that makes life hard. I am sorry that mental health is such a botch at fixing that. It is my fault, it is everyone's fault that things are this way.

I suppose there is something else I can say. The first step is blaming ones self. Only then can a person change their response. The next is having the strength to not vegetate in blaming ones self. That next step may be beyond some here. It is a hard step. If someone vegetates they are likely to agonize over something that should be simple. I think diet can go a long way to help. I recommend making a serious effort to learn about and improve upon what you eat. Living and unprocessed things are very good for people. Fruits, vegies, that sort of thing. It may seem impossible, but if small steps are taken can lead to life changing changes. If you look, you can find what I mean. I recently watched a documentary called "Fat, Sick, and nearly dead. They could have chosen a better title, but the documentary is inspiring. If you are interested I could pm a link.

I am disabled for mental illness since 1985, I have temporal lobe epilepsy from a head injury, chronic pain in my back from another injury, and many other health problems. I complain at times, because things get overwhelming. That doesn't make me weak, however, it makes me HUMAN.

I await for your reply picking my post apart.

WishingWell said:
WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE STOP FEEDING INTO SKORIAN'S CRAP AND STOP POSTING TO HIS THOUGHTLESS INSENSITIVE POSTS? HE WILL THEN EITHER POST TO HIMSELF OR STOP THIS NONSENSE!

Whoa.

Breathe...

*hug*

Thrasymachus said:
IgnoredOne, you are total hypocrite. Why should we sympathize with someone like you who sucks up to corporations, joins ass-kissing management groups, like you to make as much money possible, against the rest of society? Don't you feel like a hypocrite to write in threads to a person inquiring about if applying disability makes them a failure that "No, it does not," or having a sig talking about "gentlemen"?

It hardly seems worth the effort to answer you, but because I am a gentleman, I'll actually bother this once.

I don't suck up to corporations; I always have been ambitious and that is part of my very being. I have an unbroken line of descent from nobility, and the notion of being anything less than capable of ruling land and capital would seem to be a failure of my legacy. Simultaneously, my expectations of myself demands excellence from myself and the honorable nature of noblesse oblige. Just because I believe that I might be genuinely superior to someone in something does not mean that I have to be rude about it.

I thrive in competition, and indeed, believe that ultimately a competitive world does make for a better world. There is no hypocrisy in my actions or words. Accepting disability does NOT make you a failure, not any more than losing a leg or an arm; it may be a disadvantage, but we all have disadvantages and that hardly prevents someone from being smart enough, ruthless enough or work hard enough to succeed.

The idea that we are somehow parasites is hilarious, and that the peasantry are somehow fundamentally morally superior is equally amusing. About a hundred years ago, peasantry slaughtered my family and then thought they were going to setup a better world. Guess what? They just established the same system, with different names. One of my best friends, Vlad, is a Russian with the same background as myself - the peasantry did the same thing to his family, with the same self-satisfied superiority and ignorance.

It doesn't work. The status quo exists for a reason, and your bitterness in blaming others stems from a willful ignorance, and that fundamental choice to /be ignorant/ is one of the few things that can define someone as a failure. A man can move mountains, literally, if he never gives up and knows what to do. A man can also curse at a mountain for generations, and watch it budge not an inch.

Oh, I was in Greece, you know? I rather enjoyed the place but I knew it was going to be a hellhole soon. The only true progress that your 'homeland' had was from the gifts of wealth from Germany and the rest of the EU. For all your whining, the only problem that your countrymen have is that they are too corrupt, too stupid and too irresponsible to be part of a mature economy.

That's all I have to say. Grow up, 'Thrasymachus'. Or stay in your little fantasy world, I don't care. You make your own bed, and lay in it.

I only do care when you actually begin to harm people with your blather, and it so does happen there are a lot of people here who I do not wish to be hurt, and who actually do have hope. Am I an arrogant dick at times? Absolutely. Do I ascribe to an ancient code of behavior and personality? Without a doubt. Am I 'antisocial' enough to not give a **** about anonymous people for my closer consideration of friends and family? Hell yeah.

But I anything but a hypocrite. I don't merely seek to fit in, but I rather accept and seek to perpetuate the system that for all its failings, is still the best **** thing of all alternatives.

unbeknownst to ignored one I am also greek. :p

two great grandparents were greek, one french, the other german, and then my other side was swiss-german.

I look greek though. Lots of people have asked me if i am hispanic. I have to tell them "no, i'm greek"

SophiaGrace said:
unbeknownst to ignored one I am also greek. :p

two great grandparents were greek, one french, the other german, and then my other side was swiss-german.

I look greek though. Lots of people have asked me if i am hispanic. I have to tell them "no, i'm greek"

The problem lies not in the ethnicity but in the culture. I'm sure that for all else that is said, your family has adopted the American work ethic - which is why they are here :)

If someone would troll me or got on my last nerves, I would simply use the "ignore" function - problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back