Imaginary Girlfriend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I was the only one.
I do this tooo much =| It makes me feel a bit lame I dont know but I guess it is normal
I wish I didn't let my imagination wonder though as when I come back to reality it makes me feel even more lonely knowing it's all just a dream and will never come true for me.

this is hard to admit but i think im getting on this same boat.

its getting to the point where im pretending "what could be" with nearly every girl i meet. Just last night i had a daydream, of all things driving- about this one girl in class and "what could be" situtation. In my head she was in the passenger seat going on about blah blah blah, something about "dont forget we're meeting up with --- for dinner tonight." My mind then fast forwards to that night then i phase back to reality.

Dreams, daydreams you name it, it flies around in my mind. And this is not a once in a while basis, this is getting out of hand and happening everyday. I dont know if this is my mind being as twisted as it can be or if this is loniness crushing me to the point where my own mind has to play tricks on me to keep me sane.

I dont know if this is simply lonelyness, stress, bordem, patheticness, or a combination of all but i really dont think this is normal at all

I've never had an imaginary boyfriend. I do imagine marrying every guy I meet. I know, that is weird. I quickly imagine what life would be like with every man I cross paths with. Then sometimes I think, "Man, that would suck!" Oh, and even after I start dating a guy after I imagined being with him, my imagination is usually waaaaay off! Men are never what you expect them to be. You can imagine doing certain things to a guy, and then find out that he doesn't like that stuff. Ok....I think I've shared too much now. I'm shutting up now.

eviloreo said:
its getting to the point where im pretending "what could be" with nearly every girl i meet. Just last night i had a daydream, of all things driving- about this one girl in class and "what could be" situtation. In my head she was in the passenger seat going on about blah blah blah, something about "dont forget we're meeting up with --- for dinner tonight." My mind then fast forwards to that night then i phase back to reality.

Man...I do that ALL the time!

I think I have over 1000 imaginary girlfriends, and I'm not kidding. Every time I go to sleep for the last 12 years, I always pretend I'm holding a girl and kissing her and stuff, really pathetic, sort of a stress reliever as well.

Chris 2 said:
I think I have over 1000 imaginary girlfriends, and I'm not kidding. Every time I go to sleep for the last 12 years, I always pretend I'm holding a girl and kissing her and stuff, really pathetic, sort of a stress reliever as well.

I think everyone does that, most people just won't be honest and admit it though.

Latest posts

Back