Is there ANYBODY in the Whole World Like ME?!! Need a Friend!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelygirl

I'm so wierd, I have only had ONE friend that I felt truly understood me. She then moved away and I've never heard from her since!

Me:

I like: Morrissey, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, U2, Sting, The Police, The Cure, poetry (some, especially short pieces), reading, journalism, traveling, learning about other cultures (languages, food, etc), movies, theatre, the colors purple, black, and blue-green, amethyst, aquariums, the ocean, fresh air, sunshine, blue skies, flowers, questioning authority.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I am more of an independent with liberatarian tendencies.

I like some dirty jokes such as Howard Stern, but nothing too gross (American Pie and crass stuff)

hey girl,
I am also lonely. i have a few friends, but it seems as we get older we are all heading in different directions. Some have married, moved away, found boyfriends, or we just grew apart. At this point, I'm pretty much alone. Still single. No boyfriend. I don't why I can't meet anyone. I guess I don't have much time. I'm in nursing school now so that keeps me pretty busy. But I do find men now a days are pretty superficial. They're always looking for someone better. Plus it doesn't help that I make myself unavailable. Anyway, I like the same bands you do and really share some of your likes. I too enjoy learning about other cultures. I am a big movie buff, or I try to be. I enjoy foreign films. My favorite color is white. You seem pretty cool. And I would like to be your friend. I'm 31 by the way. Also I'm new to the site. So, maybe you can orient me. hope to hear from you soon. My name is Clara.

lonelygirl said:
I'm so wierd, I have only had ONE friend that I felt truly understood me. She then moved away and I've never heard from her since!

Me:

I like: Morrissey, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, U2, Sting, The Police, The Cure, poetry (some, especially short pieces), reading, journalism, traveling, learning about other cultures (languages, food, etc), movies, theatre, the colors purple, black, and blue-green, amethyst, aquariums, the ocean, fresh air, sunshine, blue skies, flowers, questioning authority.

I'm neither a Republican nor a Democrat. I am more of an independent with liberatarian tendencies.

I like some dirty jokes such as Howard Stern, but nothing too gross (American Pie and crass stuff)

rnvica said:
hey girl,
I am also lonely. i have a few friends, but it seems as we get older we are all heading in different directions. Some have married, moved away, found boyfriends, or we just grew apart. At this point, I'm pretty much alone. Still single. No boyfriend. I don't why I can't meet anyone. I guess I don't have much time. I'm in nursing school now so that keeps me pretty busy. But I do find men now a days are pretty superficial. They're always looking for someone better. Plus it doesn't help that I make myself unavailable. Anyway, I like the same bands you do and really share some of your likes. I too enjoy learning about other cultures. I am a big movie buff, or I try to be. I enjoy foreign films. My favorite color is white. You seem pretty cool. And I would like to be your friend. I'm 31 by the way. Also I'm new to the site. So, maybe you can orient me. hope to hear from you soon. My name is Clara.

lonelygirl said:

Me:

Hi Clara,

Nice to meet you! Thanks for the response. You sound very cool! I agree with you, the dating scene these days is brutal. I am very lucky to have my husband. He's kind and faithful. He's far from perfect, though--there are many things missing in our relationship. I hope we can stick together for a very, very long time, though!

I love learning. What's it like being a nursing student? Also, may I ask what region you are located?

I will be your friend, if you don't hate me. I also like The Cure, black and purple, ocean, and the sky (of any color it can be :)). The sky is the only thing that makes me happy... when I look at the sky... it's grey, or blue, or black... always so great and beautiful. It melts all my suffering and gives me hope. I like to think that somewhere high above there is someone that loves... and understands...

Hi Mimizu, I don't hate you. I didn't understand that one post you did about me, I thought you were thinking I was being a troll?

Yes, I do love the sky and the ocean. They can calm us, make us think "Deep Thoughts" lol about life, the universe, and everything!

lol if you have facebook we can be facebook friends. I deleted my myspace account 2 months ago so we can't be myspace friends, sorry.

lonelygirl said:
Me:

I like: Morrissey, The Smiths, Depeche Mode, U2, Sting, The Police, The Cure

*gives thumbs up* You've good taste in music. I have a habit of listening to Depeche Mode over and over and over, and U2 has started climbing up my list of favorites.

Hi Stardust,

Thanks. I really love some of their songs--perhaps the saddest ones, such as
"All I Want is You." and "Running to Stand Still." But I love the entire Joshua Tree album, I can listen to it again and again and it's always got such a combination of emotions, a very soulful sound to it!

Just adding some support for U2 here!  They're definitely my favorite band.  When I first heard "City of Blinding Lights" I listened to it over and over for god knows how long.

Hi Guest,

U2 is a very introspective sound, the lyrics are somewhat deep, (some more than others) but all of them produce a lot of mental imagery. I can just lay there and listen to Joshua Tree over and over...or for that matter even Pop, or other more recent ones. I just like to listen to their albums as a whole, they provide a lot of daydreaming and thinking material!

I like The Cure, Sleater Kinney, Tegan and Sara, Pixies, Enon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Clash, All things Kathleen Hanna(El Tigre),Butthole Sufers, Lydia Lunch, Ladytron, Bowie and a bunch of other stuff that sounds kind of like that stuff.

As for politics I am more of a Constructionist Progressive Secularist... yeh

Lewis Black for President.

I haven't heard of those bands that you mentioned except U2. I'll try listening to the other bands.

I agree I love U2 as well, right now tho I cant get Nine Inch Nails (all albums), Our Lady Peace, and a lot of Johnny Cash. But I make myself listen to at least 3 new artist a week wether I like them or not in the hopes that I can constantly feed the creative monster brewing in my sould and help the bitterness and lonelyness in my heart.. Everyone in this thread seems like good peeps so i tht i would put in some info!:)

Hi Krossknife,

That is really cool--that you make yourself listen to new music!

I will try some new music myself. I do like Modest Mouse, the Killers, and many, many others. I like some Bowie. I also really like some Fiona Apple. I love all the songs from "Tidal."

Awsome! Lonelygirl,
I think and have always tht that music really is a cure for the soul and I would just drop dead on the spot if it ever faded away lol. Ill try and post a new band that i like every week maybe some of u can get to know me through what i feel and hopefully u feel through the music? Anyways the band this week is Zeromancer!! 3 songs in peticular..Hollywood, Germany, and 1-800 suicide. Oh yeah and a classic as well Smashing Pumkins-Holdin Back the fool again!!! If any of you have any new good bands to share Im all ears! Just email me post it here or pm me if I'm on. Im new to forum life but I am trying my best:D. You all are great!!!

ohh yeah!! And when I say new bands I mean I am posting new bands to my ears lol. They could be older than mollases for all i know:)

Lately I've been really into Mike Doughty. His album Haughty Melodic is great. Anybody else a fan?

Latest posts

Back