Just one response

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ovid

Reaction score
I used to post here, but now I am just a stranger.

I have been hurt beyond my comprehension, after so many years, and all I want... Is for someone to tell me that this horrible feeling, this nightmare will go away in the passage of time. I do not believe it, if I tell it to myself.

Regardless of the situation and what happened, the pain WILL lessen as time goes by. It may still be there, but it does lessen. What you feel right now does not mean you will always feel that way. Believe in yourself and take it one day at a time and you will get through it.

Hi, Ovid.
I don't think "good to see you again" really applies in this case, so I won't.

However, as someone who has suffered through the same thing I think you're likely suffering through at the moment, I can say that (for me at least) that time does heal. How much time? That depends on you and how well you deal with that kind of grief.

(((((Ovid)))))

I am not handling this very well. What happened was sudden, and it destroyed what I thought was my future. I really need time to move faster

Ovid said:
I am not handling this very well. What happened was sudden, and it destroyed what I thought was my future. I really need time to move faster

Be kind to yourself, Ovid, and allow yourself time to grieve. Try to (eventually) occupy your mind and time with things that will help you.

I am sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you can keep your head up, and know that time heals. When it feels like it isn't going to, fight harder.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Course it will, "time is a great healer" an all that...

Ovid said:

The one thing about life, that I've learned, is that it's not wise to plan your future because it can change in the blink of an eye. Live for today, because that's all you really have.
What you thought you had is gone, but that doesn't mean you can't get something else, something that could be, in a number of ways, be better...even if it doesn't seem like it right now.
Time moving faster won't happen (and honestly won't really help). You have to comes to terms with how you feel, forgive yourself and everyone else that had a part in it and let it go and only then will it begin to heal.

Disclaimer...."letting go" does NOT mean you have to forget, just that you don't let it eat you alive any longer.

*hugs* Ovid. I hope you will get through this all right. Try to keep on and stay strong.

Thank you for responding, everyone. It really helps me a lot.

I am dreading waking up tomorrow, but I'm exhausted so at least I can sleep.
Night

Latest posts

Back