Lack of motivation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

File_not_found

Reaction score
I'm having this issue for about 6 years, but now it's getting worse, so i've decided to post here. Thing is, i don't have motivation to do anything.I'm alone 100% of the time.i don't have many friends(just a few guys i hang out with once in a year) and no girlfriend .I'm only at peace at my room.going to university is a torture.Because I'm a social inept i have no friends there.it gets so boring i have been missing classes for a while.I'm alone everywhere i go, except home where i still have my family.I can't leave home. I need motivation to finish my studies but i can't find any because of my loneliness, it just feels like I'm ignored. Does anybody have a suggestion? Thanks for reading this long ranting.

The only way to get out of a slump like that is to pull yourself up out of it. I know it's hard but you have to get out there and meet people. Build up your confidence with exercise and positive thinking. Visualize yourself having a successful conversation with a stranger. Build at it a little at a time, and don't fear rejection.
I know, I know easier said than done... but anything in life thats worth doing takes a bit of effort right? That's how I see it. Hope this helped.

You don't lack any moviations.
Ur either more motivataed to sit on ur ass or more motivated to get off of ur ass.

There's payoffs and benifits of not doing anything about your life. It's comfortiable.

You simply had just conditioned yourself into a rut. It didn't happened overnite.
As unheathly or torturing you might feel about ur current condition..you had
simply adjusted to it and had gotten comfortiable. Even in the way you think
or your thinking process...then it simply just reinforces itself.
Your brain releases natural endorphines. it simply had become like a drug or addiction.
You simply create condtions or think a certain way to release those endorphines...over and over again.
Bascailly you're addicted to your current life style.

Thats why you might notice some people always have dramma in thier lives or theres always something
going wrong with thier lives...They simply create conditions to trigger endorphines in thier brain.

Like people say...we are creatures of habits...
The way that you think is also a habit.

Simply just break the cycle...make small changes in your routine or pattern.
Move the furniture around in your room. Take a different route when you walk
to class. Change your wake up hours. Make a commitment to say hello to
a stranger everyday...you dont have to make big conversations...just a simply
greeting...baby steps. Then you'll get comfortiable with that.
Build on that..graudaully you'll make small talk with people and build repor with poeple.

Poeple are just poeple....they're just human beings just like you...no greater nor smaller.
They bleed just like you...they all have to take a honeysuckle just like U...have confidence in that.
So whatever low self esteem or lack of confidance that you might have...KNOW THIS SIMPLE TRUTH.
Simply change ur faulty beliefs system or non workable beliefs you have of urself.
Change your thinking change your life. Control and descipline your mind or it'll control you.
You are the master of your mind.
Do some reserch of how your mind works. KNOW THYSELF.
Use it to work for you not against you.

So dont trip... other people don't have it all together either....Just relax N go with the flow.
Keep it simple....
There's nothing wrong with you. It's just the condition that you are in at the moment
that you wish to change.

i was just wondering.... what kind of environment do you live in? is your house generally clean or messy? this can make a difference in how you feel :)

Thank you for answering me :).
@robw03 Thanks for the Help.I will try to build some self-confidence.i've been doing that for years, so i know it's difficult.i guess i have to try even harder. @ lonesome crow You gave me a lot to think about.Changing my thinking patterns seem to be really though.I have been trying to change for years.maybe i was giving up too easy. @Carina6192 my room is clean.i don't think i have anything to complain about my house(maybe that's exactly my problem :s)​

Latest posts

Back