Laid off. Yaaay, snow.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
Well it's officially snowing it's ass off here in north Idaho. Not nearly like last year, but enough to put us out of the woods for a few days whenever we have a storm. A guy can only clear so much brush when it's 4 degrees and snowing I guess.

Truthfully, I wish it -would- dump on us like the end of days, like it did last year. Last year we were over our heads in snow. And that was great: I had some plow work, but more importantly we got to shovel roofs off. I was making $20 an hour, as many hours as I could possibly go for, shoveling snow off of schools and administrative buildings. And truthfully it was easy work...I was never really cold or wet thanks to winter boots and coveralls, and we didn't have to wear earplugs so the day wasn't so monotonous. But, I don't think we'll get that this year.

So I guess it's time to collect my meager unemployment and try to sleep through being depressed. Last year hit me -bad- when we were out of work. I didn't really know what to do with myself without having work to go to. I don't usually like getting up in the morning to go do our thing...but I downright -hate- waking up knowing that all I probably have to look forward to is going -back- to sleep and waiting for my fire pager to maybe go off. It really made me appreciate my job this summer even more than I appreciated it before. Because I knew winter was coming and we had to make the best of our time. Almost every Friday I'd try and get the boss to work Saturday, to the chagrin of my coworkers who insisted I needed to find something to do besides get up for work every day. But now here we are...wishing we'd worked more Saturdays.

I do have more plow work than last year. But still not enough to call a job. It's enough to have my ass out of bed at 4 AM to go do one parking lot.

And to top it off no lakes are even frozen yet. Can't even ice fish. :(

Anyway...I'm done whining. Guess I'll go back to bed now :rolleyes:

Really back to bed Brian? With all of the interenet world out there? You can't find work to do from home? Collections, answering service, wake up services? That would be fun....calling and waking people up hoping they hate waking up as much as you do (and myself ).

Well i wish you luck with the whole winter thing!

lmao...I was making $35 an hour plus over time last year.
The housing market took a nose. nose, nose dive.
My friend kept me on the skeleton crew from 150 to 20 people
as long as he could just becuase i was his freind.
We where told...it was suppose to go gang buster for the next
10 years. New homes we built are empty..lol

The unemployment rate is 27% where i live.
Are you all caught up to speed yet ? :p

I went to the main mall last week...there's hardly anyone
in any of the stores.

Recently another new Marvin's store was built in a mini mall.
Millions of dallors invested in building that place.
Brand spaking new...They went out of bussiness without
even moving the stuff from the old store.

It's bad...really , really bad.

Even this morning in a meeting at my old job that I had to returned to.
Our estimate production forcast for next year is at 40%.
Our current operations or profit is in the negative...lol
Laid offs is to be expected....let's play spin the bottle..lmao
It's actually raining freaken really hard atm too...
fresia this living in fear crap...lol

I have to laugh about it now...becuase this honeysuckle messed me up
pretty hard starting from last year.

I've been working on myself really, really hard with this...Happiness is an inside job for reasons.:p
Necessity is a mother F^%$# er of all inventions...lmao
Obviously i can't depend on anyone to be happy.
I need to be creative to make my own freaken money or wealth.
I hate government cheese.lmao
Come on brain...don't fail me now...I can do this. lol

Blue: Are any of those work from home deals real, though? Aside from stuff like freelance writing/programming, I've always looked at that stuff and thought 'Yeah, right. Scam, scam, scam.'

That sucks about your real estate job, Crow. I think $35 an hour is pretty much unheard of in my area :p The best jobs around here used to be in the lumber mills, but those are tits up now too. I wouldn't feel bad about collecting unemployment if that's what you're calling 'government cheese'...it's your entitlement. I have money taken out of every check towards unemployment...I know I sure as heck ain't letting Uncle Sam keep it. ;) It's *mine*, not theirs.

On another note, I think I shoulda stayed awake. That was a good nap but I probably could have used that time better heh.

I must admit I would rather work in snow than rain. Snow at least is 'dry' as long as it's cold. And usually we're fine, except the boss is sick and eventually you get enough snow that you: A. Can't get your equipment to the spot you need to be, and B. You can only cut so far under the snow, so when you come back in spring there's still half-height brush everywhere :p

Brian said:
I must admit I would rather work in snow than rain. Snow at least is 'dry' as long as it's cold. And usually we're fine, except the boss is sick and eventually you get enough snow that you: A. Can't get your equipment to the spot you need to be, and B. You can only cut so far under the snow, so when you come back in spring there's still half-height brush everywhere :p

I'm from the uk, and i have no idea what you are talking about lol. Why would you need to cut into the snow? :S

What on earth do you do for a living? it all sounds a bit bizzare to me.

Whenever we have snow here, the country comes to a standstill because we're so inept when it comes to coping with extreme weather. If it snows or rains heavily its all over the news for days on end and everyone will moan even if the weather changes slightly.

Unacc: You know, I've lived up here for almost 4 years now and I haven't seen one Yeti. I'm very disappointed.

Stella: I work on a crew to clear underbrush and thin trees out in the woods near houses, either to create a defensive barrier against fire or for beautification. We use chainsaws and high-power weed eaters with metal sawblades on them. So when it snows, it piles up and keeps you from being able to cut any trees or foliage at ground level.

err...i looked in tonight's classified of the local news paper.
There's only 8 medium to low paying jobs opening.
Just a couple of colums in the help wated section...

There's 7 pages of legel listing of home foreclosures.
**** bankers and lawers have to make a legal listing.
Bascailly the houses are getting repo.
I counted..... 35 families are losing there house just in today's
listing. That's messed up.

Chrysler announced ...it's shuting down all it's production plant today
Hang on to your ass man....

Latest posts

Back