Living in the slums with thieves.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

February203

"Be tolerant of others and strict with yourself."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now I feel like venting a little. Someone managed to get into my car and stole money out of it. This bothered me but I meditated on it and managed to calm myself down. The money isn't that big of a deal. I'm healthy and employed so I'll make it back.

But they stole something important to me. Something with sentimental value. They stole a bronze coin that was engraved with the four cardinal virtues of stoicism. I have to be accountable, why did I think leaving something so important to me in my car was a smart idea?

And honestly, if I make better life choices, I wouldn't live in the awful neighborhood that I'm currently staying in. Things get stolen all the time around here.

Why do people in this day and age STILL leave valuables in their cars? Sorry for your loss, but you should've known better.
Lol, yeah I acknowledged that in the post. I take accountability for my own negligence. I think I'll get multiple coin copies made and I'll start carrying one on my person.

Right now I feel like venting a little. Someone managed to get into my car and stole money out of it. This bothered me but I meditated on it and managed to calm myself down. The money isn't that big of a deal. I'm healthy and employed so I'll make it back.

But they stole something important to me. Something with sentimental value. They stole a bronze coin that was engraved with the four cardinal virtues of stoicism. I have to be accountable, why did I think leaving something so important to me in my car was a smart idea?

And honestly, if I make better life choices, I wouldn't live in the awful neighborhood that I'm currently staying in. Things get stolen all the time around here.
Has living in an RV been an option for you? Maybe stealth living. Costs just as much as living at a crappy location but you can move around. I’m fixing to get an RV trailer for $360 a month. Going to pull it with a Nissan Frontier. Nothing too fancy but it will be brand new. To minimize on the costs I will be using local Planet fitness for shower and restroom use. I mean $500 a month will get you something decent.

Has living in an RV been an option for you? Maybe stealth living. Costs just as much as living at a crappy location but you can move around. I’m fixing to get an RV trailer for $360 a month. Going to pull it with a Nissan Frontier. Nothing too fancy but it will be brand new. To minimize on the costs I will be using local Planet fitness for shower and restroom use. I mean $500 a month will get you something decent.
You know it's crazy. Believe it or not, I actually have thought of doing something like that. Even the whole idea of using a gym as my personal shower. I live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle. Currently the only furniture I own is my bed. I currently own a television but I don't ever watch it. Living out of an RV would suit me well. I live in the city so finding some place to park it would be logistical nightmare.

You know it's crazy. Believe it or not, I actually have thought of doing something like that. Even the whole idea of using a gym as my personal shower. I live a pretty minimalistic lifestyle. Currently the only furniture I own is my bed. I currently own a television but I don't ever watch it. Living out of an RV would suit me well. I live in the city so finding some place to park it would be logistical nightmare.

Are there no rv parks or campgrounds around? Some have year round services for those that live in RVs. Look into it. If it's a big city, look on the outskirts. You might just have a longer commute though.

Very few, and they're always crowded all year round.
Look up stealth living. Still research it but here is the best way I can sum it up. Used box truck from uhual or penskey. Watch YT videos on how to insulate it and hire a competent carpenter to build you what you need. Reason for using the smallest they have at uhual is length. It is still small enough to fit a parking spot. Now everyone will think someone is moving in/out…stealth living!!!

Latest posts

Back