Lost me job today

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I work as an engineer and today is the end of my 3 months probation. In my mind I thought I performed well because nobody was complaining. I see myself as a competent guy who knows his stuff and I expected a good review from the HR department. Too my suprise, one of the HR people called me up and told me to pack it up because I wasn't right for the job.

What's bugging me are the mix signals I get from the company. They like me but they have to let me go. They said that they are more than happy to give me recommendation for my next job.

I'm a lonely and not so confident guy and the news of them letting me go was hard hitting. If somebody looks @ me the wrong way can I feel rejected so in this case it hits me really hard x10. I had shortness of breath and my throat had a big lump. It was a horrible feeling and I never want to feel that way again. I have never felt anxiety at this level before ever in my life. In my mind I had no doubt that I will get a good review but it was the case so it really caught me off guard.

Thanks for reading :)

That's a kick in the teeth!

You maybe on probation but there might be some legal remedies. If you don't want to go that route, than you must determine what went wrong. I know this isn't easy, find out why they didn't continue the working relationship. There might be something to learn, or it may simply be a badly run company (let's face it there are lots of them around). If you can:
- determine what went wrong and how to fix it
- come to the conclusion that working in a company with mixed messages isn't a good situation anyway
You might see this as a good thing.

I've stuck it out in two really awful jobs when any sane person would have left, maybe this was a good thing.

Make sure you get a good reference letter, even ask for it in writing and just hand that out when employers ask for references.

Welcome, Frustrated is right you should try to assertain what went wrong. It won't be easy but your increased experience will be well worth the uneasy feeling.

As far as anxiety goes I have had my own run in with it I even ended in the hospital once. If you have a serious problem with it seeking medical help before you end up in the emergency room is not a bad idea. I never thought I would get that bad. Why do you think you are lacking in confidence?

Guest, of course, no problem reading...

I really clued into you saying that if someone looks at your wrong that you take it hard and the anxiety level you are feeling right now. I agree with want2bhappy, there is a fine line where sometimes you need more help than you can give yourself when things feel out of hand.

I know where I am engineers are in high demand (well I guess depending on what type you are). I suspect you feel extremely kicked down right now. I am really hoping another opportunity opens up for you.

Latest posts

Back