Magic The Gathering?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shak

Reaction score
No Idea where this Topic would go. So i assume General Chat?

Anyways!
Does any one play Magic the Gathering?
I'm not Pro nor am I a Newbie...

But I do enjoy the game a lot and wanted to know if anyone else here plays or played it?

I absolutely love Magic!

I only play the classic cards though. The cards that were around the time when Ice Age and Original Revised were popular. It was when the Goddamn Jester's Cap was big. Man, I hated that card. Unless when I was able to use it.:D

I still have a couple of decks. One is a red green weenie deck. The other is an all green with Killer Bees, and a Force Of Nature. Things like that.

My all-time favorite card is the Dragon Whelp.(What a lightning rod. lol) In terms of cash value. My most valuable card was a Shivan Dragon. As you can probably tell. I'm old school. Very old school. lol

Probably best under Games category; but yeah, I play. The Innsdark blocs lately have been pretty awesome, with Ravnica being one of my favorites. Return to Ravnica looks very promising to me, with its multicolored and gold cards.

Favorite card is probably Gravecrawler to combo with Diregraph Captain - that combo won me a Dark Rising draft tournament; most valuable card is Liliana of the Veil.

I used to play it, was a lot of fun. I haven't looked into the newer cards though.

I still play the old computer game from time to time.

Anyone own the coveted classic Black Lotus?
I sure as hell don't. lol

MyBlackLotus.jpg

I used to play with a group of guys and a few girls almost every day. It's amazing how many petty arguments occur while playing. There was a guy named Tyson we played with. He wasn't drawing nearly enough mana to summon his big creatures.

Finally, he got enough mana to summon his Earth Elemental and a little 12yo playing black used a "Terror" on it. lol What a riot that was.

LoneKiller said:
I used to play with a group of guys and a few girls almost every day. It's amazing how many petty arguments occur while playing. There was a guy named Tyson we played with. He wasn't drawing nearly enough mana to summon his big creatures.

Finally, he got enough mana to summon his Earth Elemental and a little 12yo playing black used a "Terror" on it. lol What a riot that was.

lol

The doom of large creatures. Its one reason why I tend to consistently dislike heavy investment creatures, because a single Terror or creature removal spell will get rid of it.

Troll Ascetic was one of my favorites for that. Definitely one of the few cards which can be absolutely and totally said to be trolling any removal/ping damage deck. I REFUSE TO DIE, har har har.

92.jpg

I think that tournaments until lately have been pretty dominated by black/blue counter/discard decks, and from a strategic point of view, it makes a lot of sense. Play to disrupt, avoid having a plan that allows you to be vulnerable.

Anyone ever try to lay the ol' Channel + Fireball combo on you? We had one guy who did before the Channel card was banned.

People are funny you know. This game has a fair share of rules that players must take seriously for the smooth flow of the game. I've met some criminals who've played this game back when I was into it. They have no respect for the law and go to jail. But when they sit down to play Magic, rules are strictly enforced.

Break into a person's home and steal their jewelry ,no big deal. But God help you if you don't pay your upkeep on your enchantment. It's world war 3.

@Ignored. Cool card! Reasonable casting cost too.

I always liked goblin decks. Cheapie 1/1 cards you'd toss out like candy, that would suddenly buff up to 4/4 or 5/5 when you tossed out the appropriate "adds +/+ to all goblins you control" cards all at once.

i used to play Magic with some coworkers and my boss

we would get drunk and stoned and have a hella good time

LoneKiller said:
Anyone ever try to lay the ol' Channel + Fireball combo on you? We had one guy who did before the Channel card was banned.

People are funny you know. This game has a fair share of rules that players must take seriously for the smooth flow of the game. I've met some criminals who've played this game back when I was into it. They have no respect for the law and go to jail. But when they sit down to play Magic, rules are strictly enforced.

Break into a person's home and steal their jewelry ,no big deal. But God help you if you don't pay your upkeep on your enchantment. It's world war 3.

@Ignored. Cool card! Reasonable casting cost too.

Yup. I've known people who've gotten violent over a game of Magic Commander. Its ridiculous. I can see being stressed over rules in a tournament game where Limited or Draft rules already have naturally ironed out the worst of abuses, but some people take even casual games to deathly rules lawyering.

Latest posts

Back