meet up groups???

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coolio

Reaction score
Hey so I've seen lots of people who really enjoy this site and everything it has to offer but want to connect with real people in the real world. So I was thinking why don't we get some local groups going? We could vote on different things to do like learn a language together, jog in the park, start a book club.. I have tons of epub books I could send around and we could discuss weekly. Or all use duolingo and meet up one a week and all pitch on a language tutor to practice with for the group.

Anyway these are just some starter ideas. I've recently relocated back to Toronto. So I wouldn't mind starting something over here. I really want to get into jogging/exercise. I love learning languages and reading obviously. If anyone else has any other hobbies/interests please share! !! It might be something not a lot of people would think of. We could even do something different every week instead of sticking with one thing. What does everyone think?

Coolio said:
Hey so I've seen lots of people who really enjoy this site and everything it has to offer but want to connect with real people in the real world. So I was thinking why don't we get some local groups going? We could vote on different things to do like learn a language together, jog in the park, start a book club.. I have tons of epub books I could send around and we could discuss weekly. Or all use duolingo and meet up one a week and all pitch on a language tutor to practice with for the group.

Anyway these are just some starter ideas. I've recently relocated back to Toronto. So I wouldn't mind starting something over here. I really want to get into jogging/exercise. I love learning languages and reading obviously. If anyone else has any other hobbies/interests please share! !! It might be something not a lot of people would think of. We could even do something different every week instead of sticking with one thing. What does everyone think?
Hi. I think that's a very nice idea. Toronto is a bit far away, but what is a little distance?:) reading is one of my main pleasures. Languages come with the territory. What about cooking, though? I won't touch any méat, but I'm rather good at improvising dinners...

Love the idea :) I enjoyed using meetup.com to meet new people and I'm still in touch with people I met at some groups a couple of years ago now. I'm interested in all of those things you've listed, although jogging through a park might not be the easiest thing to accomplish here. If you're only looking for locals, then all the best and I hope you find some torontonians to socialize with. If not, and this is for ALL in general, I will definitely join in if you start a book club or anything else, but I can only do so after the first week of July. As quintus suggested, cooking would be great too. Or baking. We could share recipes and discuss how they turned out and share pictures. We could try arts and crafts too perhaps.

Sorry guys I went MIA for a bit but I'm back now and will be logging in regularly. So if we want to get into this for real we could start with something simple as an online book club. Reading and discussing chapters. If we want to meet in person we will have to find a place to do so and obviously depending on what we will do will determine what kind of location we need. Any thoughts? I've also been looking into continuing education through TDSB. They have general interest courses like different languages, sewing, cooking etc we could also sign up for those.

I don't think it's what we will do that will determine the location we need. There's not really much of a choice. No Canadians have replied to this thread so far, let alone torotonians, so meeting up in person might not be the easiest thing if we have to cross the Atlantic every week or so. :) A book club might be more feasible. Does the TDSB have online courses?

For academic courses yes but not for general interest courses, at least not that I saw. I think the book club is a good idea as well, and online discussion. And I've been meaning to get into that meet up.com perhaps i'll look into that this week. Thanks for the reminder :) check out www.tdsb.on.ca/coned

Latest posts

Back