Metal

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian said:
You're back!

...Welcome back :)

How've you been?

Life is a struggle, as usual. The music pretty much keeps me alive. Thanks for asking. :)

And I wouldn't say that I'm back. I visit very rarely and I only decided to post again because of this (totally awesome) thread.

Here's another song from me, this time by Greek veterans Rotting Christ. They've been around for close to 25 years and are still going strong!

[youtube]q9ush9IVKD4[/youtube]

I got sidetracked,

Lets get back to ACTUAL black metal.

(im talking about my last post)

Marduk-Steel Inferno

[youtube]/v/TTcLhKdOqu8?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

Nifelheim - Sadistic Blood Massacre

[youtube]/v/O1HjCe8NcZ0?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

Dimmu Borgir - Satan My Master

[youtube]/v/E_1Ksa5vSzQ?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

@Brian

Thank you Brian but I had figured out this method before asking my question which was why I asked how to embed videos using the embed code in particular.
But thanks anyways.

@Eris
Thanks for posting Marduk's song because that song is a good representation of the kind of metal I hate most:) Though I'm not a huge fan of harsh vocals, I still like them but when they're combined with that kind of sound I just can't stand it. I guess I like a more melodic and not-so-noisy sound (yeah, what kind of metalhead am I?)

So.... here comes a really soft song from Dream Theater

[youtube]NzLoR2xEwVM[/youtube]

And some heavier stuff
[youtube]9gA9eDIWQTs[/youtube]

^^^ If that is the kind of metal you like, I really recommend Burzum.

They are one of my favorite bands of all time, and they are considered melodic black metal.

Listen to the song in the very first post of this thread, it is one of their best.

They do a lot of traditional black metal, but their voice is more of a static-ey sound than a growl or screech and the music is tamer than most.

They also do a lot of pure melodic music, here are good examples of the melodic stuff.

This song is from Gummo, the greatest movie OF ALL TIME

Burzum - Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der S. P1

[youtube]/v/S-x6BU9u0sQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/youtube]

More ambient/atmospheric stuff...

Burzum- Móti Ragnarokum

[youtube]/v/2wKxdbxcZoo?fs=1&hl=en_US[/youtube]

Just DL filosofem, the whole album. Its one of the greatest albums ever.

Burzum - Rundgang um die transzendentale Säule der S. P1

I really hate it when the song name is 8 words long and in a foreign language. When people ask me about it or I want to mention it for whatever reason, I'm always having to be all, "You know, THAT ONE SONG..."

Oh, well you dont need to worry about it for that song, because the alternate title is Rundtgåing Av Den Transcendentale Egenbetens Støtte. So you can remember that instead.

I cant believe I forgot about Xasthur. Dark Ambient Black Metal.

[youtube]/v/6YedXRq3Pbo?fs=1&hl=en_US"[/youtube]

here is a perfect intro to bethlehem.

I posted their best song in the first post, these are also great and so are any song you could DL.

one of my top 5 bands of any genre.

[youtube]/v/zeA-Klh8LkY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"><[/youtube]

[youtube]/v/yoGkDtPqtbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"[/youtube]

[youtube]/v/tz8rAOGuyUM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"[/youtube]

[youtube]</v/OsbxRDZealY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"[/youtube]

^^^A couple of those Bethlehem songs were pretty good. :)

I might hafta check 'em out a bit more.

Dear Black Metal Bands,

I would like to talk to you today about some of the videos you have made. I feel that your Quality Assurance teams may have mislead you during post-production, and indeed, they may have dropped several hits of acid just moments before they watched your videos and told you how kvlt they were.

Because I assure you, they were wrong.

Honestly, guys. I am hurting for you watching these. Don't get me wrong; the music is indeed heavy and it is definitely metal, but the videos are more inhumane than your weekly goat sacrifices. When I close my eyes and imagine a scene to go along with your wonderful, torment-laden crowing, it's magical. But the videos are definitely not that scene.

I think some basic ground rules would be correct and appropriate at this juncture of our relationship:

1. First and foremost, if your face is within four feet of the camera, back. The fresia. Up. If you must be within this proximity, for the love of all that is wicked, resist that inner voice telling you to make threatening facial expressions.

2. The joyous, happy forest is a wonderful place to be and I'm sure you had a fine time in the great outdoors. However, it is not a very ominous location for you to film your dark rite of guitar playing, and the pretty autumn leaves do not lend themselves to your demon worship.

3. No more running/chase scenes.
3A. NO MORE CHASE SCENES WITH YOU WEARING A WITCH HAT

4. Please refrain from taking your friend in to the aforementioned woods for a violin-and-guitar molestation session. No, waiting until evening does not make it ok. What is this I don't even...

5. I demand that you invest a few more dollars in to your camera equipment. Do it now.

That is all.

Thank you,
Your Dark God Below

[youtube]g5NSvtWirS4[/youtube]

yes, lame. but a lot of the bands I posted and black metal in general started in like 1991. pretty much everything was lame in 1991. i remember. I started listening to black metal in 94 when I was 14 and had no internet yet :( Most of my favorite stuff that I posted didnt have a video :p

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

everybody just stare at a picture of a pretty girl sing one of my favorite unmetal songs

[youtube]/v/fIOvcvNz9rk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US[/youtube]

My husband likes death metal. He likes a lot of the music I like but not so much black metal. He wants a growl. :p

We nearly broke up, then agreed on one band. Cannibal Corpse. I can stand it, and its his favorite band. I asked him what song I should use to represent them and he said "messed with a knife"..so.

I decided to go with "I cum blood" with a kitteh

[youtube]/v/Sug_wgvY5Qo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US[/youtube]

and end scene with a final bethlehem

[youtube]/v/zsU8MZa-BKg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"[/youtube]