Monday Lunch (French Style)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaguarundi

Reaction score
As Monday can be a bit of a meh day, why not have a decent lunch at any rate? The resto Le Poirier offers its usual style of daily fare. 13.50 euros, wine included in the price. Coffee, if you can squeeze it down, is extra..

Vegetable soup - help yourself from the serving bowl
eqxcwl.jpg

Cold rice 'salad' with tinned tuna, surimi and olives
1gszkp.jpg

Hot courgette(zucchini) stuffed with sausage meat topped with cheese
f2muf7.jpg

Roast Loin of Pork is served with Lentils
2lj3p83.jpg

Cheese (yes please) and lettuce
6jd169.jpg

Custard tart
10n6b1h.jpg

An afternoon nap may be called for later...​

I just converted Euros to Canadian and the price for me would be $20.53 and that meal is a bargain!!! Wow! Look at all that food and wine and cheese and desert!!

An afternoon nap would be needed for sure!!!

Thanks for sharing your lunch with us!

It's what they call 'cuisine de campagne'.. Basically pretty much the kind of cooking a thrifty, unpretentious French household will eat every day.

Its all cooked fresh, its always seasonal, and there is no choice on the menu. If you don't like the main course they might find something else for you, but that's it! No picky eaters in these places😸

🔼the food shown there was for 2 people Peaches, except the cheese bboard which is for a few tables, and yes I ate all my share..

I would like to experience a meal like that. 6 course meal for lunch, wow.
One comment about the vegetable soup ... I don't see any vegetables. Lol TheSkaFish would not be happy !!

Grackle said:
I would like to experience a meal like that. 6 course meal for lunch, wow.
One comment about the vegetable soup ... I don't see any vegetables. Lol TheSkaFish would not be happy !!

Just because you can't see them doesn't mean they aren't there! The soup was likely 5 vegetable puree (sometimes more than 5), then with tiny pasta shapes in it.