My 'deal'

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
Okay this is going to be long. Prepare for my story mostly about my current relationship.

So I started uni back in September last year and met the everyone at my halls. They all seemed to be pretty awesome and we all connected. We played many drinking games, I decided who I was attracted to, who was attracted to me (which seemed to be most the girls and even two of the boys who are gay awwwkward) and who I didn't like quite very quickly. I'd like to point out at this stage that at this point I was a virgin and had told everyone in my halls. Later more people arrived including this one girl (let's call her 'may' jusst in case). Yeah well I knew from the beginning there was something different about this girl; she was more mature and had a head on her shoulders, less like those screeechy 'look at me' girls (you know those types, I am sick of them). She was quiet, shy even, and looked like she had been through a lot, this just got me interested in her but not much more at this point.

Anyway we were all pre-drinking one night (this was probably around freshers week) and I was playing my music from my laptop for everyone like I always have. Anyway she was pretty much sitting next to me this whole time, talking to me and just flirting very slightly. Whilst playing my music she was like 'omg, you like brand new!'. My jaw dropped because I love this band brand new and they aren't very popular to begin with. We instantly made a connection because I will 'love' anybody (notice 'love' not Love) with the same interest in music as me because of how much passion I have for music. I found out things about her like she is pansexual (look it up I cba to explain).

Anyway we just started talking more and more each night and eventually people were suspecting we liked each other and so was I. I knew I wanted to play it cool, I didn't want to fresia up this relationship, so I let this attraction slip a bit and I continued going out. I got with a few people (I didn't have sex with anyone) including a different girl form my halls who I was kissing and dancing with all night despite her having a boyfriend, we got close to having sex but I didn't want to morally so I didn't try.

A few days later we were all pre-drinking again. She was flirting with me loads by this point. I wanted this, I wanted her to come to me which is why I played it cool for a few days. Anyway whilst we were flirting I moved in for the kiss. That was it, we were kissing all night, at the club and everything. We slept together but didn't have sex.

Now I was fully attracted to her and every night was the same, eventually we had sex. We began to spend loads of time together, being in the same halls. Time went on and she met my family, went to my house and all that. We even spent hours in bed talking about everything in our lives up to this point. She was in a three year relationship a year before meeting me. We also talked about our relationship and how "the longer you treat me this way the harder it is going to be if you leave me" (or something to that degree) which made me seriously think of whether to get with this girl or not. On one hand if I stayed with her I felt like I would be missing out on true uni life (going out, getting with countless girls and experiencing it all). On the other hand I thought of how much I liked her and what I would have to lose if I left her. She basically told me if you want to stay with me then I want it to be serious.

Anyways, after about one month or something people decided to put up this 'Sex Chart' in the halls where everyone's name was put up with a tally of how many times they had sex since starting uni. I put one of course but as I looked at it later I found that 'may' had put three. This really got to me but I decided not to show how much it pissed me off. I eventually but calmly confronted her about it, she told me she slept with a guy from the halls and a guy from her anime club she joined. She made it clear it was before we fully got together (like around the time I was 'playing it cool' probably).

I let it slide because she was clearly sorry and started getting upset. I was still annoyed bearing in mind we spent ages talking about how she wants a lasting relationship. We still continued 'going out' I suppose you could say. I was really happy being in my first serious relationship with someone I was so into. The whole time I still had this tiny feeling that I am losing out on other experiences socially. Eventually people began to ask 'what are you guys actually doing' 'are you in a relationship, in love etc.' neither of us answered these questions when asked.

Eventually we talked about it and we decided to officially be in a relationship so we put it on facebook. (I waited so long to to determine what I wanted from this relationship and I didn't want it to get too serious too soon). After Christmas together, the relationship was still going strong. She would occasionally go to this 'anime club' of hers. I was still dubious about it and always had the memory of her sleeping with someone from it. I suppose I became a little paranoid and still am about what she gets up to. One night, she went out with her friends from this club. She told me she would be back later on but she later (at about three in the morning) text me saying she was staying at a friends house for the night because they got really drunk and she couldn't get home by herself. I was thinking the whole time she better not be cheating on me but never said it. (remember she likes girls too).

In response to this I decided to go out too. See how she liked it (not that she was trying to get to me although I don't know for sure). I went out with a group of people I knew we all got pretty smashed and I met this girl who was pretty fit, we were flirting with each other a bit because by this stage I was pretty drunk as was she. I think I kissed her on the cheek, hugged her a few times and danced with her but that was as far as I took it. I even went back to her place with a few people and we played ring of fire. She has a boyfriend but I know she was into me. I was also attracted to her but I let it slide because I really like 'may' and didn't want to do such a thing to her even if I got away with it.

Another part of my paranoia is her 'friendship' with a guy from her course. She defiantly speaks to him every, if not almost, every day by text or facebook. I have asked her about how close she is to him and she said she has never got with him nor does she intend to. But she tells me she spends time at his place on breaks at uni and after uni for a while before she gets back here. I'd love to know what they get up to. He has even came to visit our halls too to look around but that is about it. He really pissed me off though; when 'may' met my parents at my uncles rock gig he put on 'may's' facebook wall "how was meet the parents? Good film I think :p" to which she replied "Interesting to say the least" (this is a whole new story as to why she found it interesting)... how stupid do they both think I am. I told her how much this pissed me off and she apologised. She even used to take leftover cider with her to drink before going to her lectures because they are boring. WTF is that? I still think there is something going on even to this day.

Other than that it has been pretty smooth in terms of a good relationship, we have even reached the Love stage. I honestly believe I am in Love with her and I don't take that word lightly. She also tells me she Loves me back but I am not sure if she 'loves' me or Loves me. (I may just be completely paranoid) or I may be onto something which is what I believe and if all this turns out to be true I will be f***ing pissed off to say the least. I hate it when people think they are fooling you; you aren't clever. Anybody could cheat if they knew how to lie. I know I could cheat on her and get away with it but I won't.

She still goes out to her anime club now and then but hasn't fully gone to a club with them for a while (I think she knows I didn't like it). I also still go out regularly mostly with her on a night out but occasionally with just friends. ( I even went to a couple of other friend's unis on a couple of weekends). She is actually out now with her 'anime club friends' but I am starting to just trust her (wtf else can I do). Yeah she met these two girls who are obsessed with k-pop.

This brings me onto more things. She is pretty much obsessed with k-pop. She has told me openly she loves the music and finds the female singers attractive (like she would do them) she evens says that she downloads images of them on her laptop and I have seen them (nothing too revealing). This is her major reason why she considers herself pansexual but to be honest I have just accepted this strange taste. (strange to me anyway) I mean it would be pretty hot to have a threesome with one of these hot k-pop singers anyway.

About the k-pop obsession, she has this little laptop and her only pass-time is k-pop. Everything about it 6theory, tumblr, whatever else she just goes around on forums pretty much talking about how fit the girls or boys are in the bands and probably about the music mostly I call it k-popping. She also spends a LOT of time on facebook talking to these girls from her 'anime club' who also love k-pop. And also this guy from her course.

We have been together now for over three months and it has been bothering me because an average day now is she goes to uni, doesn't let me know when she is back (her lesson finishes at 6:15 officially). The only way I know she is back is when she appears online on facebook. I always seem to be the one who says first hey, how was your day, when did you get back etc. I realise we are probably spending way too much time together but it is hard being at the same halls. Lately I have been just staying in my room and letting her text me first or message me first.

Whenever we just relax in the same room together (usually her bedroom or mine) we sit at opposite ends of the bed facing each other but she has her laptop on. I want to see what she gets up to on that laptop, now and then tapping away at that keyboard or hers. I think to myself "who is she talking to, what is she saying". I often see a smile on her face while she looks at the screen. So now and then I go over to her and she almost every time looks really shifty, quickly moving her mouse and clicking almost as if to hide something. I want to know what she is hiding, I have asked what she is doing she just replies "nothing really". It is so annoying the way she positions herself so I can't see the screen and when I go over to her she mover the laptop away or even shuts the lid. What is she hiding?

What also strikes me as odd is how laid back she is with protection. I was the first to bring up the fact we should use protection. She told me has never been pregnant in the three years with her previous boyfriend and he hardly ever used condoms, he just pulled out last second. She hasn't even been protecting herself this whole time with pills, injections or any other means. She has told me that she strongly dislikes kids and never wants a child. She said if she goes crazy for some reason she will adopt a child. Is this just part of her sexuality? It also leads me to believe she can't get pregnant and she just doesn't want to tell me. I do want kids some day but not in the near future.

Now for my final problem. We are almost over with the contract of our halls and we are moving in to the same house in August. We are next door to each other in the house too. I have realised this was a very bad move. We didn't even discuss it when we were both asked if we want this house, we both said yes.

I know that my relationship is already a bit close as in there is no space in our individual lives so when we move in to this house it will be worse. She has already told me that she is going to have a 'onsie' party in her room with her 'anime club' friends. God knows what that is going to be like to listen to. Also living together, what if we break up? How awkward will that be! And on top of that I will be living in a house where I will be the only straight guy. I honestly wonder what my situation is going to be by next year. I hope that me and 'may' will still be in a relationship and a good one with all of my problems resolved.

Well what a long winded story but that is my uni life so far and it has had its ups and downs but mostly ups. I just want your opinions on what I should do about these thoughts that are really getting to me.

I have condensed it into all the questions I asked:

What should I do?
Does she Love me?
Do I Love her?
Is having a relationship at uni a bad idea?
Why does she not want kids, why is she so laid back about protection?
Am I being paranoid, clingy etc.?
What is she hiding on her laptop?
Also living together, what if we break up? How awkward will that be!

And if my girlfriend ever finds this then I am probably f***ed so if you are reading this, come and talk to me now. (I am so paranoid :/)

If anyone (including my girlfriend) has read all of this, I take my hat off to your my friend :O

Hi Dear Tragedy,

The truth is there is not many answers that anyone can give you, you need to find the answers.

However i will tell you what i think of the situation.

I recently had a boyfriend, who was very paranoid, he read my diary, checked my phone, looked at my computer etc. I had nothing to hide, but beeing invaded like that made me angry, and i had a feeling he was trying to controle me, so i ended it.
If you do that... maybe she feels invaded...

My current boyfriend come over to see my computer when i laugh, i never hide it, i tell him with who i am chatting, everything is ok.
Now if this is the way you are... maybe she is hiding something.

You have your doubts, and you cant go on like that, the paranoya will grow, and you will both be unhappy.

Her beeing laid back about protection worries me, she clearly doesnt want kids, why would she take that risk ??? Why should you? you are still in School, you have to protect yourself. Plus there are so many deseises out there. If she cant have children and didnt tell you, that is an indication that she may be lying on other things also.

There are no perfect recipe for love, each couple is different, nothing is wrong or right, in my opinion, if there is honesty, trust, love and respect, everything should be fine.
In life there are many roads, every decision we make brings us in a different road...we could spend our life asking did i make the right decision ?. Thing is life is the road you choose, good or bad, no sense in regretting or wondering. Choose a road at the best of your jugement and go... you can always take another one later in you feel you are going the wrong way.

Take care

First of al thank you :) I thought no one would reply!

Yeah, when I ask her what she is laughing at on her laptop she will always tell me. It is just if I come over to hug her or something (admittedly just to see what she is doing), she will close the lid sometimes or frantically minimize something. I just want her to know she doesn't have to hide anything from me. I want to understand her completely. But I am aware that being too controlling is a bad idea. For a start she is 21 and I am 19 so it is not like I can have a control on her from where I'm standing.

And that kids/protection thing is really bothering me. To clarify we do use condoms, I always seem to be buying them though. One time she started researching birth control options and even found the clinic to go to in our city but never got around to it. I have reminded her about it twice before but she seems to hedge away from the topic. I don't know what to do.

I realise paranoia is a big problem here. I have always had bad experiences with relationships, the little amount I've had. I suppose the paranoia comes form my taste in music. Most of the songs are about post-breakups and relationships (which songs aren't) I know I will be okay if I have the songs because I can relate to them and become stronger.

Big deal, she messed some guys before you. Get over that. You are being to clingy. Clingy-ness makes people want to cheat or just punch you in the face for being so ******* clingy. As for your other questions, I don't know if you love her or if she loves you. I'd check your sex life, and make sure its (still) good, as she seems to be sexually open. Now I won't give you sex advice, but have a good, honest talk with her about it (and don't get all offended and crap if she tells you "slutty" things)

As for protection, USE ******* PROTECTION. Personally, if I know a girl was so lax with protection, I wouldn't sleep with her. I'd probably get checked out for std's, and I'm serious about that.

And the other, maybe she is sleeping with him, but personally I doubt it. She probably just likes the attention (or he is plan B). I wouldn't have moved in next to her. But if you can be an adult, and stop being so clingy, its possible to live close, if you end up splitting up.

You do sound like you are falling for her, or already have I should say. But, is it love... I can't answer that. Does she ever discuss any worries she has with you about the relationship or her future? I mean, it's good to have these thoughts and to reexamine everything because you are young and crap happens. I just wonder if she's on the same level as you..with the anime club and all this..like she has other things on her mind over you most times? Not saying there's anything wrong with that but is it like that for you? You seem more serious than her.

I have been the "clingy" or "obsessed" person in my relationship awhile ago, so I understand these feelings and feeling something was inadequate. Maybe you should take a step back and I'll say this... stuff can definately change when you live together and yep...it would be awkward if it didn't work out. The clingyness like others have said, can create issues by itself too. :\

I have decided she isn't on the same level as me. I am being more serious about it which is strange how things turn out because a couple months ago and I would have said she was really into me. Is she still just as into me but has given up trying because she knows I love her?

She defiantly takes her social life (or rather anime club friends/k-pop) more seriously than our relationship. First thing I am going to do is stop being so clingy. I am going to get out a bit more, maybe more than her and let her text me first or contact me first in the day. If she doesn't even text me voluntarily I will know there is something wrong.

I know what I must do now, just be more laid back like I don't care about the relationship. I used to think I don't really care if I found she cheated or she got bored of me because then I could enjoy the uni life from a single perspective again. I need that mindset again and when she notices a change in the attention I give her I am going to note her actions.

Are there any other ways of realising what she wants from me. I don't know if she is just using me for emotional support, company or whatever. I really don't know any more. I know one thing, I will find out but in a calm way, the laid back way that got me into this relationship to begin with.

sweet mother of all @.@

perhaps you are stressing about all this simply because it does not fit your ideal relationship ...
maybe just go with the flow and let things happen without worry or regret

probably not much help but
I wish you all the very best for the future

things happen .. and then they are gone and naught but a memory, an illusion of the past

@ Dear-_-Tragedy

You seem like you are getting very worked up about this girl, and she is making you very nervous and paranoid.

I, like others have said here, would sit her down and talk about where she sees your relationship going.
If she doesn't seem to have a clue, or gives you a very 'canned' answer that you strongly feel is untrue, then I would tell her that you are uncomfortable with her answer, and you don't feel that she is being honest with you.

I would frankly tell her that you want you and her to take a single week apart to think about your relationship. Don't talk to each other, don't message, for the week.

She may really want this other 'guy' or 'girl', and by giving her a few days without you in the picture, it may help her realize that she wants you, or she wants someone else. She, like everyone, is not 'terrible' or the 'enemy'. She might just be confused with her feelings, and needs some time alone, living her life as she would without you, to sort them out.
And you should get back to your 'normal life' with friends, having fun, and partying (I would not sleep with anyone during the 'off-week'). If after the night is over (in your own bed, alone) you are missing her, then maybe she is the one you should be with.
If you don't feel the 'pull' to see her in that short time, or there is someone else that catches your eye that makes you forget about 'may', then I think maybe it's best to break it off. It's not fair to her to 'lead her on', and as you say, you feel the 'call of the uni-life'.

From the way you describe things, you're able to see and meet people fairly easily, and you're only 19. You have lots of time to figure out what you want in a women.
Maybe you are the type of gentleman that needs a woman that is more visibly committed to her man?
A lady that doesn't seem to hide things from you?

I think you're doing the right thing to try and trust her as much as you can (this is a positive thing for a person to do for their partner).
But if you are having trouble sleeping, or find yourself worrying/anxious/nervous about her fidelity, then something needs to be done.
You will have to be the judge of what you will do (shore up your own nerves, or confront her, or break it off completely).

You sound like a good guy, just stressed and a little paranoid about his somewhat confusing girlfriend.

I hope this helps you, and best of luck.

@ Astral_Punisher : Thank you sooo much for your advice It is so clear and concise. I had a great night with her on thursday, we went to a club with friends and she couldn't keep her hands off me. So maybe she is still jut as into me. Anyway in the club she said to me we need to talk when we get back about why you have been acting a bit strange. So we went back I told her about a lot of the things like paranoia and clingyness and how I should probably get out and do more things. I said to her that it is my first serious relationship so I am still learning. Throughout this whole thing she was very supportive and reassuring (as I can remember, I mean we were both a little bit drunk by this stage). I was fine for a few days then I started again with these nagging thoughts. She has begun to get stressed from my obvious angst I suppose it could be called. consequently we have been having little tiny arguments (nothing drastic).

I've decided something has to change. I am going to tell her all of my thoughts. I will start as you said by sitting her down and asking her where she thinks the relationship is going. I want to read her body language and see that what she says is genuine. I want to get it out of her once and for all why she is acting strange about the whole birth control thing (I will only ask her this if she responds positively to my previous question)

I have a feeling in the back of my mind of how our relationship will end:

1. She is just stringing me along, keeping me for emotional support, social support and attention. (things I know she hates to not have from listening to her past) If this is the case then she has been holding me back the life I want and I will not be happy.

2. Later down the line (years probably, if we last that long) I will want children and I will find out the truth/ she will never want children and I will feel the need to move on.

@ Dear-_-Tragedy

I'm glad that I was able to provide you some assistance :).

If I was you, and please be assured I do not wish to cause you any upset, but I would try to make sure that my concerns were not stemming from personal insecurity. It is not uncommon for partners to 'project' insecurities from themselves to their partners. As you have mentioned, this is your first serious relationship, and they are definitely a different animal then a 'less serious' relationship.

As for any concerns that you are sure are not 'solvable' from your end, I would write the thoughts down before you 'lay it on her'.
You want to make it as easy as possible for her to understand your concerns - and letting them 'all out as they come to you' is counterproductive to her understanding.

Make some bullet points, and think about each point. Think about if it is the simplest, most concise explanation of that particular concern.
You want to give her every possible chance to understand your concerns as fully, (and as concisely) as possible. Communicating information in as simple and forward a manner as possible is what good partners do for one another.

Perhaps she is hesitant to use birth control because she is subconsciously (or consciously) trying to become pregnant?
(I echo Passage on this point, or as he put it - "As for protection, USE ******* PROTECTION.")
I believe that, generally, people do not use protection when they are either unconcerned with pregnancy (a mistake in my opinion), or they are trying to have a child. Is she ready to support a child, or, frankly, even ready to survive the trial that is pregnancy?

It sounds as if part of you has already made up your mind that your relationship with her is over from the two 'options' your present.
Even though you may be thinking that she is not the type of girl that you want to be with (and although she does not sounds like the 'most' top-notchest of girls from what you have wrote), I would still think thoroughly about breaking it off with her.
Every relationship has ups and downs - perhaps you simply hit a deeper 'pothole' in the road that you are used to?

If you really are dead-sure that she is not the one, then do not 'string her along', even if you feel that she may be doing it to you. That is not fair to her, or any partner (even if you suspect the partner is doing the same to you.)

I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how you make out.

Thank you again for your reply, this website seems to be my only help right now. Well I have an update on the relationship with some more stories.

A fair came into town and our friends in the halls planned we would go to it. Well that didn't happen. Basically I wanted to see if she would text me if I didn't text her throughout the day (a girlfriends who supposedly loves me would text me if I didn't text her for the whole day right?). Wrong. She had a lesson at about 14:15 and she said she doesn't know when she will be getting back. (sometime around 6 she said the night before when we were planning going to the fair). Anyway, for the whole day I checked my phone now and then to see if she had text me or not. It was getting late and still nothing, I even went to the gym for like 2 hours after my lesson to fill some time, still no text.

The day went on and we were all getting ready to go to the fair (I still had no clue as to 'mays' whereabouts) It was about 8 by this point so I was certain she was back by now. I didn't bother knocking her door or even texting her or facebook messaging her. Why the HELL should I be the one to initiate a conversation all the time, if she wanted to spend time with me or if she is even interested in me she would have at least text me once by this point. I went to the fair with everyone minus 'may' and I was the most depressed person you'd see at a fair. There was an odd number of people so on rides with to seats I was on my own like some loner, the whole time thinking this could be 'may' next to me, not an empty space. My friends knew there was something up but I haven't really told them this whole story. Moving on. I had some fun I suppose towards the end but I still had all these emotions in my head. Anger, paranoia, general sadness. It was about 10 by this point and guess what? No text.

By this point I thought to myself. Right, I am going to get messed. Bought a 2l of strongbow and a couple more ciders and my friends said I can have as much spirits as I want that they had. I forgot to mention we also had arranged we would go out clubbing afterwards. So I was planning to get wrecked and go out. Well guess what? I went onto to facebook when we were all chilling in my room and she had sent me two messages sent an hour or two ago. I was still pissed off.

1. They were not messages, they were just links to 'funny' images. Not "hey, how are you? Haven't spoken to you all day :(" or "hey where are you" no just a copy and pasted link. Like she thought "derp, maybe I should do something, he isn't texting or anything, derp. I know ctrl v"

2. Why the f*** did she not text me instead? I mean for god sake she knew we were going out at that time. I'm not going to carry a laptop with me to the fair.

So I messaged her like normal.

something like (oh wait I'll find it)....

me: lol
her: :)
me: so yeah, fair was good :)
her: everyone left before is remembered :/
me: LOL 'remembered', there may have been a bit confusion as to when we were leaving but how did it make you forget?
We were standing near your door for a while waiting for some people because they were just getting ready.
her: I seeeeee

so then after that I began to ask her if she still wanted to go out I was like:

so are you still up for coming out? (who is going) everyone (where to) same place as last week (we didn't go out last week XD)
I mean same as last time we went out (when are you going) In about 15 mins, come to my room when you are ready.

so I had to jump all these hurdles and she didn't even say yes she wants to go out she just said I'll be ready in about 20 mins.
If she wanted to go out she would have been the one to say "when are we going out" but no.

yeah so when she did eventually come out. She was all over me like when we first met hugging me, kissing me, dancing with me. Everything I wanted. SO that night I told her things (like I have already said) but this didn't seem to sink in (like I said) So I told her I wanted to talk to her when I was speaking to her on facebook. She said to me she doesn't mind if I speak to her through facebook about it. I said something like no because I want a truthful answer, not some message passed through a veiled screen.

Yeah so I was at my halls thinking of things to say to her and ask her. I kept looking through this topic for advice. I had everything set I wanted to say. So there I was waiting for her to come back from her 14:15 lecture. A lecture that should have finished by 18:30 latest. Waiting. Waiting. Saw on facebook she was offline but was posting and commenting on things to do with k-pop now and then. I then looked at the time and realised it was 23:00 or something and she still wasn't back. I left my phone in her room and her room locks when you shut it so I couldn't text her and she knew this because I told her in the day via facebook. I decided to occupy my mind so I watched a film with friends. It just made me sad, you know the film Up? Because a lot of it was about the old man and his love so it just reminded me and made me think about what will happen between me and 'may'. Will I get that far with her? I want to. My friends said they always cry at this film and I neverrr cry at films but this made my eyes a bit teary.

Anyway, went a bit off topic there. So after watching the film I checked facebook again and found that 1 holy honeysuckle it was 23:00 by this point and she STILL wasn't back and two that her 'friend' has just got back to uni and 'may' had gone to this 'friends house' doing "research, eating and looking at k-pop" with her 'friend'. You don't even know how pissed I was so I left her a message:

this is how the facebook convo went: her in bracket, me not

(I am researching and eating toast. what are you doing) to which I said:

Just finished watching up. loved it I think you might like it actually.
and now I am waiting for you to return so I can get my phone so I can set an alarm for the morning. Also all I wanted to do was talk to you but I see you are too busy being curious 'researching' and nomming toast. I know that you don't need to be up till 1 or something but it would be nice to sleep sometime but by the looks of things I will be sleeping on a honeysuckle bed with no curtains again. and yes, that is what my mind is like right now. I need to sort myself out I'm going for a walk.

so I did. I had enough. Took tobacco, rolling paper and a lighter. I very rarely smoke, I have never thought to smoke when I have been stressed before. This was a new low. I didn't even know how to roll tobacco but figured I would just go somewhere and figure it out. I wanted to go for a walk and think things through about my life. I headed towards the river where me and 'may' stayed up till 6 lying there under a tree talking about our lives.

I was sort of on the verge of tears. I wanted to cry because I had to clear everything and sort out my true feelings and what I wanted to ask her. Anyway out of pure coincidence, guess who I bumped into on the way? 'may' I hugged her and we went to where I was going, the river. So I asked her things that were on my mind. I asked her if she saw my rage message earlier and she said no she wasn't on facebook when I sent it. I showed her on my phone and then preceded to ask her what she wants from the relationship. If it means anything to her and if she wants a long lasting one. As I was talking (we were sitting on a bench), she gradually hugged me tighter as I explained more. And she didn't talk an awful lot, she said of course I want a meaningful relationship. She seemed sincere in everything she did say. She said she loves me and kissed me and stuff. I said to her, I just need reassurance really. And that I didn't want the relationship to end half way in this house we will live in together because it would be really bad. I told her I want this relationship to last. I said I know I am being a bit clingy and paranoid and I also said that I believe that the relationship doesn't seem to be the same as it used to like she pays less attention to me now and doesn't seem as interested in me any more. She said that she didn't think the relationship has changed. I said she doesn't kiss me as much and I am always the person to text her in the day.

I seemed to come to the conclusion that I just need to occupy my time more instead of thinking too much about what she is doing. she assured me that she wasn't interested in this guy and that her friend she was with is indeed just a friend and that she is happy that she found friends she can relate to. She was a bit upset in the past months of uni that she had no realy friends here and now she does has friends she is happy and that is why she is more into k-pop now because of her friends and also why she spends a lot of time at uni; she is hanging out with her friends. So I am going to believe all that she has said. If she is taking me for a ride I will not be amused and I won't make ending easy for her because if after me pouring my heart out to her, she can lie to my face about her feelings then she is just wrong.

About the birth control thing. It isn't like I have even been having sex with her for a while anyway (last time was last weekend). She doesn't ever seem interested, always sitting there on her laptop at the opposite side of the bed tapping away at her keyboard till the early hours. Not saying a thing to me almost hours at a time.

But I have a bad feeling In the back of my mind. What if she can't have children. She physically can't for whatever reason and is too worried to tell me in fear of me ending the relationship? This would explain why she
1. hates her mom and doesn't really get on with her family.
2. hates children and never wants to have one (and "if she really has to have one will adopt" I quote)
3. her sexuality.

Is this a crazy thing to assume? She has also told me in the past she fears that one day she is just going to be a middle aged/old women on her own, lonely. She has cried talking about this when we have talked in the early hours of the morning (this was a while back, when we actually engaged in some meaningful conversation)

I didn't expect to rant again this much but oh well it is done now. So what do you guys have to say about this ^ whole post :/

honeysuckle, I can see why women complain about relationships. fresia, if I was her I would've clocked you in the face. You don't own her, she doesn't have to call/text you every day. She can hang out with who ever she likes. Stop being so clingy. Honestly, if I were her I would've told you to go fresia yourself. And you have seem to have anger problems when she doesn't "behave" the way you want her to. Jesus christ man, you should be happy she is so nice about the crap you give her over nothing.

@Passage

I do not disagree with you, but you certainly have a to-the-point kind of style!

@Dear-_-Tragedy

That is a big post, my friend!

I don't know if I can address all of the experiences you have been having lately, but it seems like you are happier now that you have spoken with her.

As for her no messaging you, it may be that she got caught up in her activities. I believe (in good faith of her intentions), that she simply gets preoccupied - not that she intentionally wants to 'snub' you by not messaging you.

As for being upset that she 'forgot' about the fair trip - it may be that she became caught up in what she was doing, and for gets the time.
'May' might simply have poor time-management skills. You may have to be the one that 'reminds' her that she has prior engagements in this relationship.
If she agrees to go out with you, say on the weekend to a restaurant, then I would politely remind her maybe 30 minutes before the start time of your get-together that you will 'meet her there'.
Do not be rude to her about this 'reminding', or make it sound like a chore to remind her; she will appreciate it that you are so interested in seeing her that you want to make sure she is well-informed about the event.

I think this is also very key: clear, concise communication with your partner.
Partners can lie, but for every lie they tell, the chances of all the information 'lining up' and making sense decrease.
So, the more that you communicate with your partner, the more likely you are to know if they are lying, or telling the truth.
Even the best 'liers' make mistakes when they communicate consistently with their partner.

I believe the simple answer to the 'bad feeling' about her child-bearing capabilities is to ask her, straight up.
Don't be rude, but say something like, "Honey, I know this is a strange question to ask, but do you think we would have any 'trouble' having children in the future?"
I think that sounds fairly softly worded, so you won't upset her.

I think the most important thing you can do for your own mental and emotional health:
Trust her.

You will never know exactly where she is, or what she is doing, and honestly, you will push her away the more you try to 'get close' to her.

Steps I would take in your position.

1) Give her her alone time (ask her how much she needs). Use this time to develop your own healthy personal interests (gym, social contacts, schoolwork, etc). Focus on YOU in these times, not her.
2) When you are together with her, make her feel loved (Ask her what makes her feel loved). Make her feel like the most important woman in the world. Focus on HER in these times, not yourself.
3) By 'positively reinforcing' the time she spends with you as 'good', she will naturally want to spend more time with you, and will be much less likely to look for her 'love' needs elsewhere. Do not let her want to spend huge amounts of time with you endanger your own 'personal' life.
4) She will also greatly appreciate the trust you put in her.

Bottom line: Learn to have a life that does not directly involve this woman - You have to have your own life, she has to have hers, or you will drive her away.

This was way to much reading for me bro... So I'ma sum it up. You just need to get drunk. That's it. Alcohol will be the solution to all your problems. If she's a hoe-fa-sho, then it's time to bounce and hit up a partay. There are plenty of fishes in the jungle. :)

....... urm can a moderator please delete this thread? I have patched everything up with her now so it's all good :) There is no point in more posts in this thread.

Latest posts

Back