My first job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedHitman

Reaction score
So i've been out of HS for like 2 years now and at 20 years old(almost 21) I finally got a job, I honestly thought it would take alot longer. It's a temp job, but it's a job. I'm working in a distribution center unloading trucks, it's a ******* workout from hell, all that lifting for 8 hours, but **** it feels good at the end of the day. It's what i was looking for anyways, i wanted something physical. I couldn't imagine myself doing a desk job sitting on my ass all day. Plus, i don't need a gym membership. I come home covered in dirt and sweat, can't beat that.

Congratulations. You'll get used to the physical work, like you say; it's a job!

Congrats!:) Like you said, labor like that will really get you into shape. It'll probably be easier after a couple weeks.

Congratulations dude! I remember my first job 3 years ago. I quit after 1,5 months because I thought it was time consuming and the work I did was overall annoying to do. I've been jobless for 3 years now, haha.

quintus said:
I didn't know they are still into child- labour in Holland.

Haha yeah it was pretty odd, hiring a 14 year old. The minimum age is actually 15.

EDIT: I might've been a little unclear in my previous post; it was just a job I had in the grocery store, mind you. Still, I hated it.

When a person is dedicated to his work and want to earn by legal means, he comes to like the job which is strenuous and require more hard work. Such a person finds it tiresome in the begining but he is much satisfied from inside for doing justice with the work and earning a legitimate income

Well done to you sir! Let it be a start of something great long term!

I too like physical work. Getting paid to keep fit! :D

Latest posts

Back