My heart and soul, the pinnacle of my existence, etc.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these is your LEAST favorite track? Please answer! It won't hurt my feelings, it'll only

• IV. darkness at noon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IV. darkness at noon, solely because of the percussion (drumming)

• V. I WANT YOU FOR U.S.ARMY. ok, fine then

• VI. the Pacific theater

• VIII. the peace of the rested

• IX. “Sir, I exist!”

• X. musings of wisdom

• XI. From this flows what I call That - acoustic part

• XI. From this flows what I call That - electric guitar part

• XI. From this flows what I call That, in general

• Total voters

Matt

Reaction score
The past six years of my life have been devoted unyieldingly to music. About three years ago, I started writing my own. After hundreds of hours of figurative blood, literal sweat, and quite a few literal tears; after spending an entire summer biking 5 miles to get to a 7:30am music theory class; after cheating my way into AP Music Theory and playing a grueling game of catch up; after circumventing the practical limitations of being a poor man pursuing an expensive hobby; after all this and so much more, I've finally completed what is arguably the most worthwhile material output of my life.

A couple days ago, I put some closure to a creative endeavor that began in January of 2005 - when I completed my very first song. I've come a long way since then, and I'm pleased to share my journey with my fellow lonely lifers. :)

Without further ado, I present to you:

A man said to the universe...

Note: PLEASE listen to the tracks in the listed order! Although primarily instrumental, this is a concept album, and the listening experience is best when following the track order. Believe me, I put much consideration into the listening experience of this album - I devoted 4 hours solely to deciding track order and song titles. Lastly, this full-scale work has quite a bit of depth - both in regards to musical layers and conceptual development. Absolutely everything is intentional. Enjoy. :)

Download the complete album.

Individual tracks:

I. little feet with little toes

II. winter snow storms evenings: by the fire with mom and dad

III. lurk late, strike straight, sing sin, forever

IV. darkness at noon

V. I WANT YOU FOR U.S.ARMY. ok, fine then

VI. the Pacific theater

VII. eulogy, 3.13.1964

VIII. the peace of the rested

IX. “Sir, I exist!”

X. musings of wisdom

XI. From this flows what I call That

Comments appreciated. :)

I will eventually listen to all of this.
But for now, can I ask what software you use to record?
Who are your main influences?
If we were to collaborate how would we go about doing so?

I use Finale 2008 for all the orchestral stuff. The guitar parts were recorded with cheap ole Audacity. <3

I'd be hard-pressed to give an exact list of my influences, but you could get a good idea of my musical influences by checking out this thread: http://www.alonelylife.com/for-those-who-love-music-t-1698.html

Though, I will admit right now that not all of these influences show up in the music I've posted. Not because they don't inspire me, but rather for the mundane economical reason that orchestral music is cheaper for me to deal with, since I've got Finale. :)

What type of stuff do you do with music? Like, instruments/songwriting/etc.

I play bass and guitar, and like i said I really wanna start playing the keys.
and holy crap that orchestral stuff sounds convincing! never even heard of Finale 2008.
I basically need to play piano for composing because atm Its extremely hard to write music on a bass guitar.
Although I do manage to do some stuff as terrible as it is. If you want to hear some of my stuff I've done with freinds go to www.myspace.com/pugmusic

Im just working on a song as we speak, with me attempting to play the keyboard even though I have no clue how.

Latest posts

Back